If we lose to BYU

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Even with the Jacksonvilles and UT Chatanoogas we have pretty good crowds for a first game. Not LSU or Bama, but people tend to come out for that first game like they take that walk on the first springlike day. By sept, the grove is running through our veins. BYU makes it even better We will be there if there's no category 4 hurricane in August.
BYU DUDE
Water Boy
Water Boy

The long national mascot nightmare at Ole Miss is
Finally over, Ole Miss has a new mascot. The Rebel Black Bear emerged victorious in a hotly contested race that also included finalists the Rebel Land Shark and something called Hotty Toddy. Unfortunately, Admiral Ackbar, an early frontrunner, was taken out of the running in September when Lucasfilm declined to give the rights to Ole Miss.

BYU fans and Cosmo the Cougar want to honor Ole Miss and there Black Bear.

Check out these Video's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE6lVT-rQLA

This next video I was told by an Ole Miss fan there was a six pack of Beer in the Bag.

click below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57VbE0J9niw

To be fair it has been said that our older return Missionary football players, pick on younger football players. <until Mom shows up>
One thing is for certain both the Cougar Mom and the Bear cub's mom protect there own.

click below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB4J2uBu ... re=related

This is all in Good fun it is going to be a long summer and I hope an early cold no Humidity fall.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Ok, first of all let me clarify my points. My point was simply that BYU travels well and I meant to encourage Rebel fans to come out both because it is a great game and the seats that are left empty will be filled by BYU fans. I do not believe that we will leave 30,000 + seats for them, but I know for a fact that there have been games where we have left that many. I believe that Rebel fans will come out in much larger numbers than most non-conference games because 1) BYU is a better match-up than Louisiana Lafayette and 2) not only is it the first game of the season, it is also the first game of a season that Rebel fans must hope will be a redemptive year. We are anxious for this year to start to put last year behind us. With that said, I would like to see Rebel fans come out in such large numbers that the only seats available to BYU fans are those allotted to the visiting school. I actually was in Atlanta a few years ago and elected to go to the BYU vs Ga Tech game and I can tell you that the stadium was full and there were a very significant number of BYU fans. I know that not all LDS are BYU fans. I know many that aren't. Some have a primary school that they cheer for and BYU is their secondary school while others can't stand BYU for whatever reason. As with any society, there are plenty who aren't even sports fans. However, there are about 15,000 LDS in Mississippi, 40,000 in Tennessee, 20,000 in Alabama, 20,000 in Arkansas and 26,000 in Louisiana. There are huge numbers in Georgia, Texas and Florida. If you take the fraction in these states who ARE BYU fans willing to travel to Oxford, I guarantee you that every seat that goes for sale whether by the ticket office or by the stubhubs of the world will be sold. The BYU fans who do live within a day's drive from Oxford very rarely get to see their team without a trip to the far west and they will be there. That was my only point and I'm sorry if I offended anyone in the process. I am sure that most people at the game will be Rebel fans but I guarantee you that there will be BYU fans wherever there aren't Rebel fans.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

click below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB4J2uBu ... re=related
BYU dude, like the ending on that^ hope our game ends the same way 8)
aemadrid
Water Boy
Water Boy

I gotta say I truly enjoyed this board. I won't be able to go to the game but it looks to be a great one. Hoping for my BYU team to represent but I know it will be classy. Good luck!
BYU DUDE
Water Boy
Water Boy

This was on Cougar Board, and I was wondering if it is a fair evaluation of your football team.

Click Below.
http://www.cougarboard.com/board/messag ... id=6816593
------------------

BYU DUDE wrote:This was on Cougar Board, and I was wondering if it is a fair evaluation of your football team.

Click Below.
Sounds pretty much right to me. But what's this: "Kav-Loni-Tuiloma-'Tree"? Sounds like a Polynesian god or something. :lol:
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

BYU DUDE wrote:This was on Cougar Board, and I was wondering if it is a fair evaluation of your football team.

Click Below.
QB update: Burnetti approved by NCCA to play this year (had a very good Spring game )
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bleuwolfe wrote:

Click Below.
QB update: Burnetti approved by NCCA to play this year (had a very good Spring game )
And, although all of our oline starters from last year return, it is likely that one of our starters this year did not play last year. Big man Matt Hall has moved to the front of the line for the right guard spot. With him we AVERAGE about 6'6" and 330 pounds in the oline interior. That's 1650 lbs. That is one formidable wall even by SEC standards. Most SEC teams have some players in that size range, but to AVERAGE that size is astounding.
BYU DUDE
Water Boy
Water Boy

What chance do you Rebel fans give BYU of pulling out a win.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

BYU DUDE wrote:What chance do you Rebel fans give BYU of pulling out a win.

If it were at your place, 60-65%, our place in Oct....50/50. Our place at 3:45 PM on Sept 3rd...I think gives us a slight edge...55% barring huge turnover differences.

Some of your visiting fans are going to need IVs before this game is over.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelliousbear wrote:
BYU DUDE wrote:What chance do you Rebel fans give BYU of pulling out a win.

If it were at your place, 60-65%, our place in Oct....50/50. Our place at 3:45 PM on Sept 3rd...I think gives us a slight edge...55% barring huge turnover differences.

Some of your visiting fans are going to need IVs before this game is over.
The Sweat Bowl
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Got in my truck yesterday and temp said 107. Of course that is sittin still before I cranked it but the point is there. I don't remember sept heat being much different from june heat.
------------------

BYU fans, PLEASE drink SEVERAL bottles of water prior to the game to make sure you're hydrated...which is probably the best thing you can do to handle the heat. We certainly don't want any of you passing out at the game. I've done construction work in this heat in the past. There were times when I'd drink a quart of water before leaving home, would drink at least a gallon of water at work, and would go to the bathroom maybe once the entire day. Almost every single drop came out in sweat. So prepare yourselves!
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Sasquatch wrote:BYU fans, PLEASE drink SEVERAL bottles of water prior to the game to make sure you're hydrated...which is probably the best thing you can do to handle the heat. We certainly don't want any of you passing out at the game. I've done construction work in this heat in the past. There were times when I'd drink a quart of water before leaving home, would drink at least a gallon of water at work, and would go to the bathroom maybe once the entire day. Almost every single drop came out in sweat. So prepare yourselves!

Fact. If you wait until you're feeling thirsty, you've waited to long to hydrate without risk.