Stop the hating

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

and let Ole Miss do it's thing. I never lost confidence. You shouldn't either. And I beleive better things are ahead.
Coach HF is tha man! Bo is tha man! Every teammate is tha MAN!
In other words, we will only get BETTER.
And I, for one, am very happy with Bo. You go get 'em dude!!!!
Heath
All American
All American

BobReb wrote:and let Ole Miss do it's thing. I never lost confidence. You shouldn't either. And I beleive better things are ahead.
Coach HF is tha man! Bo is tha man! Every teammate is tha MAN!
In other words, we will only get BETTER.
And I, for one, am very happy with Bo. You go get 'em dude!!!!
Yeah, I don't understand the hate/dislike/disdain that some on here have for Bo Wallace. I think many expect him to play like Eli did when he was here. But oh wait, Eli threw a few interceptions as well. When Bo has time, he can pick apart nearly any defense. I am happy with him now, and was pleased with his performances even in the losses. Hopefully some on here will learn that we are playing 2 true freshmen on the O-line the majority of the time, and some SEC defenses are not going to just give Bo 10 seconds in the pocket every passing play! :D
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I haven't been hating. I've been realistic. We have so many injured that I have been giving the players and coach a pass. I didn't see any way we could line up and take out Lsu but I have to hand it to the coach and players for a gutty performance. I can't tell you how proud of them I am. They took on Lsu with one hand tied behind their back while on crutches.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I didn't think that I missed many posts here, but if there have been any "hating" Bo, I have missed them.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:I didn't think that I missed many posts here, but if there have been any "hating" Bo, I have missed them.

Yeah.. I am not sure this thread is very fair to anybody.. I have not seen anybody that critiqued his play do so in a disrespectful way.. There were a lot of issues that were obvious and pointed out. He played the best game of his career, to this point.. Who on here is not ecstatic and hopeful it continues?
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

I also had in mind the rain of boos he recieved in the previous game. Even though he was playing his heart out for us. Should have mentioned this, just expected everyone to get it.
I, for one, stand behind Bo for the remainder of the season. As should ALL the red and blue...
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

JustBlues wrote:I didn't think that I missed many posts here, but if there have been any "hating" Bo, I have missed them.
Nobody has, but some believe giving Barry his due credit is "hating" Bo somehow.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

batman50 wrote:
Nobody has, but some believe giving Barry his due credit is "hating" Bo somehow.
Actually I continue to give Barry's talent credit. I think he may be the best running back we have. And he is good at running the ball into the end zone after the starters get him down there. But he is not an SEC caliber QB. I think in the second half Saturday Freeze finally realized that leaving the leader of this offense in for the entire drive makes it more fluid and efficient. However if we would put Barry in the backfield with Bo I would dance a jig. And I think it would also be great for him and may give him a career. That's how good I think he is.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

You don't really believe Freeze doesn't know what he's doing...do ya?? Understand his offense and you'll understand his personel changes. I can promise you he's going to continue to do it. Brunetti is valuable and will continue to get reps in certain situations. No, not at running back. I will agree he isn't SEC caliber QB.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I believe most coaches make mistakes and get in their own way sometimes.... Especially young inexperienced ones. The good ones learn and adapt. Freeze did a good job of learning and adapting and getting out of his own way late last year. And I think he showed great signs of doing the same thing on Saturday. I think his own instinct is to maybe move Barry but he hasn't convinced himself yet to pull the trigger. I think if he does the results will be very very good for us and make this offense even more dynamic. And I think that Barry, Bo and our receivers would benefit and each become even more productive. Who are you going to key on if you are the opposing defense. A proficient QB averaging 300 yards in almost every game, four great receivers, a scat back, or a big fast running back named Barry. I would hate to have to defend against that.
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

^This!^
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:You don't really believe Freeze doesn't know what he's doing...do ya?? Understand his offense and you'll understand his personel changes. I can promise you he's going to continue to do it. Brunetti is valuable and will continue to get reps in certain situations. No, not at running back. I will agree he isn't SEC caliber QB.
^^^^^^THIS^^^^^
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Did anybody else notice what I have been saying for weeks? Teams figured out how to play Wallace on the outside zone reads.. Don't get too far inside and you can recover... I hoped the coaching staff would make adjustments... They did.... They ran the inside trap very well, and I am pretty sure Wallace was not reading with an intent to make the pull... Either way... Great job by the coaching staff...
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:
batman50 wrote:
Actually I continue to give Barry's talent credit. I think he may be the best running back we have. And he is good at running the ball into the end zone after the starters get him down there. But he is not an SEC caliber QB. I think in the second half Saturday Freeze finally realized that leaving the leader of this offense in for the entire drive makes it more fluid and efficient. However if we would put Barry in the backfield with Bo I would dance a jig. And I think it would also be great for him and may give him a career. That's how good I think he is.

But he plays QB for the Rebels, and you don't give him credit at all for the job he does at that position. I think he does a great job most of the time while in the game. At the QB position. Glad to have both of them at the QB position, hope you never dance that jig unless Freeze and Barry want that change. IMO, if either did it would have been done already. We have 3 great running backs already.
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

No, I got it right. No, I am the one who got it right. Y'all just give it some time, we will lose again and everyone will be ready for somebodies head! HAHAHAHA! :roll:
scott