Idaho game thread

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

leber wrote:Okay, you are down 52-14 and you make a tackle and get a taunting penalty for doing a throat slash! LMAO! What a moron!
It was hilarious...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
leber
Water Boy
Water Boy

Man, we just got an Alabama bounce on that fumble! That rarely happens!
leber
Water Boy
Water Boy

I know it's garbage time against Idaho, but I'm very impressed with Dodson!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

leber wrote:Man, we just got an Alabama bounce on that fumble! That rarely happens!
Yeah, just imagine what we could do with a few dozen SEC officials in our pocket.

P-nut
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I would love to see Dodson get more touches in better game situations.
leber
Water Boy
Water Boy

Great 2nd half! Lets get some guys healthy and get ready for the pigs! Hotty Toddy!!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Gotta love it when the Rebels cover a 41.5 pt spread... Hotty Toddy!!!!!

Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

This game was about as meaningful as a Tuesday scrimmage,except for the W. Hate playing teams like this. Bring on open date (a tougher opponent) and Arky! Any injuries?
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I disagree with you, Chuck. The SEC is brutal. Cupcakes give a program the chance to play lots of young guys and get reps. If it's okay for Alabama to do it (and they do!), why isn't it okay for Ole Miss to do it? One tough OOC game is plenty. (Texas this year. Boise State next year.)

The Idaho game gave us a chance to see what some of our younger talent can and will do in the future. I like that a lot.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:I disagree with you, Chuck. The SEC is brutal. Cupcakes give a program the chance to play lots of young guys and get reps. If it's okay for Alabama to do it (and they do!), why isn't it okay for Ole Miss to do it? One tough OOC game is plenty. (Texas this year. Boise State next year.)

The Idaho game gave us a chance to see what some of our younger talent can and will do in the future. I like that a lot.
You can tell more about our young talent in practice where they will at least be facing decent talent. Also hate watching Bama or anybody play these games. I'm okay with two patsies, but give the fans at least two respectable and half interesting opponents. Im sure our players love playing before 10,000 people in second half.... yawn! Just my opinion
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:This game was about as meaningful as a Tuesday scrimmage,except for the W. Hate playing teams like this. Bring on open date (a tougher opponent) and Arky! Any injuries?
Chuck we had the toughest schedule in the nation after the LSU game. I think we deserve a cupcake right now. I got to watch the World Series last night, clicking over to the game only during timeouts of the baseball game. Will do the same thing during the Packers game tonight against the Vikings. Go Cards. And Lynn pitches tonight [making this an Ole Miss post].
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
leber
Water Boy
Water Boy

Rebchuck18 wrote:This game was about as meaningful as a Tuesday scrimmage,except for the W. Hate playing teams like this. Bring on open date (a tougher opponent) and Arky! Any injuries?
The only injury I saw was to Sawyer, but it didn't look serious. He walked off the field without assistance. Looked like it was an injury to his left arm I believe. Hopefully with the bye, he will be ready to suit up and go for Arkansas!
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

Yeah, lets play Oregon and Ohio St. instead. See how many people we can get injured. EVERY WIN THE REBELS HAVE IS MEANINGFUL TO REBEL FANS!!!! EVERY GAME. Sheeeesh man. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

batman50 wrote:

Yeah, lets play Oregon and Ohio St. instead. See how many people we can get injured. EVERY WIN THE REBELS HAVE IS MEANINGFUL TO REBEL FANS!!!! EVERY GAME. Sheeeesh man. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I'll take Oregon and Ohio State in a heart beat. If you're scared of getting hurt, don't play football.
Some Random Dude
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

What playing and beating Texas did for our program on and off the football field is immeasurable but substantial, the recruiting exposure alone is priceless. Idaho, Presbyterian, Wofford and Memphis, not so much. The SEC teams we are trying to challenge and will be competing with for post season bids over the next 4 years or so (Bama, LSU, A&M, Georgia, SC, Florida... Even Arkansas will be playing teams like Wisconsin, Oregon, Michigan, West Virginia, Clemson, Texas Tech, etc. and we now have 4 years of Memphis and our non conference schedule looks more like MSU's. The one "name" team we have is Boise and its looking like their 15 minutes of fame may have finally run out. Not only is it boring for fans (and embarrassing to have home and home with Memphis) but it could also hurt us with post season selection committees in this new playoff and bowl system.