Mizzou Fans On Our Way....Tips?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Mosnowman
Water Boy
Water Boy

Looking forward to seeing "The Grove" and your campus! We are arriving Friday Morning with an RV and planning on staying in the Whirlpool Lot. I was hoping you guys could give us a list of don't miss sites, restaurants, bars, and everythiing else? From what I have heard there is a huge number of Mizzou Fans coming down your way so any advice would be appreciated.....

One other question I have is I understand there is a shuttle from Whirlpool to the Turner Center? Is the drop off location close to The Grove or will we have a hike? The reason I ask...old football player that is getting a new hip after the Season can't walk far...also taxi service available late night?

Any advice you can give us would be appreviated and I can post it on Power Mizzou Website...thanks!

Should be an awesome game!
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Mosnowman wrote:Looking forward to seeing "The Grove" and your campus! We are arriving Friday Morning with an RV and planning on staying in the Whirlpool Lot. I was hoping you guys could give us a list of don't miss sites, restaurants, bars, and everythiing else? From what I have heard there is a huge number of Mizzou Fans coming down your way so any advice would be appreciated.....

One other question I have is I understand there is a shuttle from Whirlpool to the Turner Center? Is the drop off location close to The Grove or will we have a hike? The reason I ask...old football player that is getting a new hip after the Season can't walk far...also taxi service available late night?

Any advice you can give us would be appreviated and I can post it on Power Mizzou Website...thanks!

Should be an awesome game!
There is a shuttle. Turner Center is close to the stadium but a couple hundred yards from the Grove. Not a bad walk. But the Grove is 10 acres and heavily populated. So you will be on your feet a good bit walking around in it.

There are multiple taxi services but on game weekends they stay backed up. You can wait up to 3 hours in some cases, from personal experiences. And they will even just stop answering the phone when they get too busy. Definitely not reliable after midnight.

As far as bars/restaurants just go to the square. There are plenty of each to choose from. Almost all are good. Reservations wouldnt be a bad idea.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

My favorite restaurant on The Square is Boure (Boo-Ray), but they do not take reservations. Other popular places are: Old Venice, City Grocery, McEwan's, Lenora's, Ajax, Proud Larry's, Soulshine Pizza and The Rib Cage. Abner's does chicken only--both grilled and fried fingers; Newk's does sandwiches, soups, salads, pizzas and cakes. All of the above are either on or around The Square. If you are looking for a great book store (fiction, non-fiction, Southern or otherwise), try Square Books, a national award-winner. Great coffee and pastries upstairs.