Whose fault is it......

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

Nutt'n is worse than losing at home to a team that ain't got Nutt'n to lose. I personally can't figure out who's fault it is that we lost for Nutt'n. The Defense was driving me Nutts the second half, and Nutt to mention wondering who was going to go back out as QB in the next series. And let's face it, we got Nutt'n to play for after loosing to a Nutt'n team from the Nutt'n conference. Our Ole coach ain't got Nutt'n between his ears, and can't make a decision for Nutt'n. So who's fault is is we sucked? It's driving me Nutt's!
wpdrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

colreb74 wrote:Nutt'n is worse than losing at home to a team that ain't got Nutt'n to lose. I personally can't figure out who's fault it is that we lost for Nutt'n. The Defense was driving me Nutts the second half, and Nutt to mention wondering who was going to go back out as QB in the next series. And let's face it, we got Nutt'n to play for after loosing to a Nutt'n team from the Nutt'n conference. Our Ole coach ain't got Nutt'n between his ears, and can't make a decision for Nutt'n. So who's fault is is we sucked? It's driving me Nutt's!
That about sums it up.
For evil to succeed, let good men do nothing.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

colreb74 wrote:Nutt'n is worse than losing at home to a team that ain't got Nutt'n to lose. I personally can't figure out who's fault it is that we lost for Nutt'n. The Defense was driving me Nutts the second half, and Nutt to mention wondering who was going to go back out as QB in the next series. And let's face it, we got Nutt'n to play for after loosing to a Nutt'n team from the Nutt'n conference. Our Ole coach ain't got Nutt'n between his ears, and can't make a decision for Nutt'n. So who's fault is is we sucked? It's driving me Nutt's!

Clever but I dont think you Nixed it in the bud...
carl winslow
3rd String
3rd String

Obviously the coaches. Its between the two. We couldn't put up any points as well. Two more touchdowns and they wouldn't have put forth the effort to stay in the game. But, playing devil's advocate the defense shouldn't allow 49 points and I will never understand Nix's concept of not blitzing on long plays. Why would he let a play even develop?

However, can you blame the team for not wanting to stay in the game if the fans didnt want to be at the game anymore either? If the fans would have stayed and kept the intensity up we wouldn't be talking about this either. I guess that includes me because I didn't make the trip thinking it was a sure win.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If this guy is still around next Sat., I'm gonna have to wonder if the MODS have anything between their ears? Is this guy telling us all something or what?
BigDeal
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

what is embarrasing is to give up on a team after the first game. no quitters in this house. it was just a matter of a team losing its rythmn and being too confident in the 2nd half against a surprisingly GOOD JSU team.
I Thank you.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

BigDeal wrote:what is embarrasing is to give up on a team after the first game. no quitters in this house. it was just a matter of a team losing its rythmn and being too confident in the 2nd half against a surprisingly GOOD JSU team.
Seriously, Clark?
Randy
beachbumreb
2nd String
2nd String

Nix, and the defense bear the brunt of responsibility for this debacle. No excuse for coming out flat in the second half. When the offense hands you a 21 point lead, you use that to get pumped, not go to sleep!
BigDeal
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

rewalters wrote:
BigDeal wrote:what is embarrasing is to give up on a team after the first game. no quitters in this house. it was just a matter of a team losing its rythmn and being too confident in the 2nd half against a surprisingly GOOD JSU team.
Seriously, Clark?

Yes, Eddie. I can see positives from this loss. I see us being 4 - 1 going into the open date before heading to bama, ark and playing auburn at home. We take two of those three. Next is the cupcake game UL-Laf. That brings us to 7 -2 before heading to UT,LSU, and then state. Don't be surprised to see this rebel team to finish the regular season at 10 - 2, 9 - 3 at the worse.
I Thank you.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

BigDeal wrote:
rewalters wrote:
Seriously, Clark?

Yes, Eddie. I can see positives from this loss. I see us being 4 - 1 going into the open date before heading to bama, ark and playing auburn at home. We take two of those three. Next is the cupcake game UL-Laf. That brings us to 7 -2 before heading to UT,LSU, and then state. Don't be surprised to see this rebel team to finish the regular season at 10 - 2, 9 - 3 at the worse.
Okie Dokie, can't fault you for your optimism.

Hang in there.
Randy
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

I feel like the blame can best be described as 70%-Players, 27%-Coaches, 1%-Lockett out, 1%-Masoli distractions, 1%-Fans leaving at the half (always hated this one!)

My point I guess being that the majority of the blame goes to the players. They are SEC players, and should be bigger, faster, and stronger from top to bottom. Our 3rd string players would be starters in FCS programs, our 2nd stringers All-American FCS players.

When you are the bigger, badder kid you just DON'T GET BEAT by the little feisty, scrappy nerd down the street!
done

The defense obviously folded but we also obviously have a quarterback who moves this team with rhythm and gets everyone involved but nutt chose to justify his most recent acquisition and let him derail that rhythm and offensive momentum in the 3rd qtr. We have an obvious leader of this offense who runs it smoothly. Let him lead it instead of interrupting the momentum he established and we would have been up 52 - 10. And the defense needs to be kicked in the ass and reminded that maybe they should have been preparing for the game instead of reading their press clippings and backstabbing their starting quarterback. That's the truth and this one is on nutt for creating a Chinese fire drill instead of preparing the team he had. This was predictable. Hope we can recover from his mistake. Not sure we will.
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:The defense obviously folded but we also obviously have a quarterback who moves this team with rhythm and gets everyone involved but nutt chose to justify his most recent acquisition and let him derail that rhythm and offensive momentum in the 3rd qtr. We have an obvious leader of this offense who runs it smoothly. Let him lead it instead of interrupting the momentum he established and we would have been up 52 - 10. And the defense needs to be kicked in the ass and reminded that maybe they should have been preparing for the game instead of reading their press clippings and backstabbing their starting quarterback. That's the truth and this one is on nutt for creating a Chinese fire drill instead of preparing the team he had. This was predictable. Hope we can recover from his mistake. Not sure we will.
Chuck, I truly appreciate your opinion on this board. When I first joined way back, I looked for your opinions, usc's, and a few others because I thought (and still do) that y'all were pretty insightful. Having said that, I really don't understand why you are so vehemently against Masoli. In the game I watched, the QB swapping had little or no effect on the rhythm of either QB. Whenever Stanley went in, he usually picked up right where he left off. Same for Masoli. QB play/subbing did not lose the game for us. It was a combination of Nutt/Nix limpdick playcalling that did it.

Also, what "backstabbing" has occurred on this team? Every player on the team wanted Masoli and wanted him cleared--even Stanley. Now granted, I'm sure Stanley wants to start/play, but he seems to be a true team player (as you've pointed out) and future leader of our team. If we can figure out what our D's problem is, we could still make some noise with Stanley at the helm in two years or possibly even next year. But we are in rebuild mode. And the players wanted Masoli--all of them. So I don't get your call on this one.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:The defense obviously folded but we also obviously have a quarterback who moves this team with rhythm and gets everyone involved but nutt chose to justify his most recent acquisition and let him derail that rhythm and offensive momentum in the 3rd qtr. We have an obvious leader of this offense who runs it smoothly. Let him lead it instead of interrupting the momentum he established and we would have been up 52 - 10. And the defense needs to be kicked in the ass and reminded that maybe they should have been preparing for the game instead of reading their press clippings and backstabbing their starting quarterback. That's the truth and this one is on nutt for creating a Chinese fire drill instead of preparing the team he had. This was predictable. Hope we can recover from his mistake. Not sure we will.

IF Stanley doesn't want Masoli on the team...Stanley can go as far as I'm concerned. He's either Chuck's Role Model Team player or he's not. If he's not a team player.. good bye and good riddance. If he is the perfect team Player he is hoping for Masoli as well. wow. Now Powe who has been the model student athlete is a back stabber.
GulfCoastRebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Who's fault. Its everyone's fault including the fan base. Everyone is to blame. The fans for leaving, the D for sucking it up, the Offense for taking their foot off the JSU throat, etc...

I left just like everyone else 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter.... because just like our team..I assumed we had it in the bag. I sit close to the student section and they were almost all gone as well. I can guarantee you from this point on, I will never leave another game until the final seconds and will try to encourage all of you and anyone you can talk to do the same. We may have come complacent with two 9 win seasons. The only reason we used to go to the grove during a game was when the "great coach" O was getting us whipped and we had nothing else to do but leave.

We still have a great head coach, that other universities would take in a minute and if Nix is so bad, then I guess Urban Myers is an idiot for trying to steal him to be the DC for the Gators. We currently have a # 9 rated recruiting class in the country according to rivals. If we want to keep that coming we have to get out there and show support. If our team plays the way they did the first half of the game, I think we can hang with anyone. Beause no one can say we didn't look solid during that time. Next week will have Lockett back and we should have Fon back in about 2-3 weeks. We need this loss for a dose of reality for both the fans and the team. So shake this off. Be at the next home game, don't leave until the final seconds and lets yell till we can't speak. See those of you that can make it in New Orleans