The Next Month of Ole Miss Football Games

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Just for fun (although it's really great to have the sort of coaching staff and players that will compete for 60 minutes every time out), let's take the pulse of the board on the outcome of the next four weeks.

Do we go 0-4? :oops:

1-3? :(

2-2? :)

3-1? :D

4-0? 8-)

Seriously, I'm leaning toward 3-1 right now based on how great our offense is, the way our defense came around in the second half of the Texas game, and the fact that I haven't seen a performance yet by any of our opponents that would make me think they are head and shoulders above us. I think we can outscore any of the next four teams. So who would we lose to? That's a tough one, since I can see us avenging all of the close losses we had last year to Vandy (done), 'Bama, LSU and A & M.

I know this much: we have a staff that does not coach from limitations. We have players that are not connected to the failures of the past. So, for me: it's 11-1 and a trip to Atlanta.

Now, I'm ready to hear from the rest of you.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I feel much less comfortable about our chances against Bama after their game with Colorado State. Saban could not ask for a better game going into a game against an SEC West opponent. He will be chewing the hides off of his players and they will be as ready for us as they have been all year. The other 3 we can win. I say 2-2 or 3-1.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

If we go 2-2 in our next four games, we should be doing back flips. Alabama is going to hear how they aren't the same team that they were last year, so they are going to be angry. I don't think we have a chance against those guys. Auburn is a classic trap game. We need to take care of business. We then need to split a game between LSU and A and M. If we do that, we can possibly finish the season with a top 15 ranking.
Heath
All American
All American

The big thing that scare me is our pass defense. Sure, we beat Texas, with Case McCoy at QB. He has to crow hop to throw the ball 30 yards. We need to find a pass rush from somewhere, or McCarron, Manziel, and Mettenberger will pick us apart. I think we take Auburn. So, I am expecting 1-3. So, if we go 2-2, or better, I will be thrilled. It would be freaking awesome to beat a top 10 team in this stretch. I think then that would put us in the top 15, at 5-2, with both losses coming to top 10 teams. But, CHF continues to exceed my expectations. So go get 'em boys!
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We should be able to score at will on A&M and keep Manziel off the field so much with our short passing game and running game and it is at our house. No excuse to not beat Auburn. And LSU is close even when it isn't supposed to be. I will be disappointed if it isn't at least 2-2.
Heath
All American
All American

I read today that Bama's offense ranks 13th in the SEC in 3rd down conversions. I think it said only 33%. So, that is a good thing for us.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

you may see the real bama team this weekend. saban doesn't want to peak too early but our young men are good enough to make him step it up a bit. a bit? maybe a lot.
mom2them
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I'm thinking 2-2 or even 3-1.

While we have many young players who don't have experience, they make up for that with talent and now confidence.

We have Hugh Freeze who stresses "60 minutes of football".

Watching LSU and 'Bama games this weekend, they can be beat. Sure Satan, uh Saban, will use this week's game to fire them up. But they're playing like they don't have to worry. Freeze will target their weaknesses.

And my LSU friends are already complaining about Les Miles' second half "play-not-to-lose" coaching. That won't match well against Hugh Freeze's steady half-time "We're gonna get the ball back. We're gonna win. Nobody wins or loses in the first half. Let's go play 60 minutes of football" speech. Plus, we almost beat them last year in Death Valley. This year it's in our house....

Auburn is obviously winnable. A&M could be toughest game just bc of Manziel.

We didn't pile on the points in the SEMO game bc Freeze was giving second, third string playing time. Our Texas win is looking more respectable now that they beat Kansas State. Nevertheless, most folks aren't even counting on Ole Miss.....we're under their radar and that's a good thing.

BUT more may start paying attention after articles like this one posted yesterday on Bleacher Report:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1783 ... ugh-freeze

It's a great time to be a Rebel fan!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If we can at least go 2-2, I'll be happy.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

25 years ago we went to Tuscaloosa and got the only win in the history of Ole Miss football. It would be nice to celebrate that anniversary with another W. If that happens I say we go 4-0 over the next 4 games. However, I feel it's likely we go 2-2 over the next stretch, which still isn't bad and will put us in line for a nice finish to the season.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:If we can at least go 2-2, I'll be happy.
Me too. And I think we can. Also think we can win Saturday. Just think this past weekend made it harder.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We have the ability to win all 4. It will take our AAA game to beat Bama. And we have to play really well against Tamu and LSU. It's possible, but not likely we win all 4. 2-2 is the most realistic. I'm hoping for 3-1. But, 1-3 is also a real possibility.
Some Random Dude
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

Bama- Loss (close and hard fought, 2td's or less)
Auburn- Win (Malzahn is not a head coach, and I think we kill their young QB)
Texas A&M-Win (their D isn't good, and manziel throws up some prayers, I think we have a pick 6 or 2)
LSU- Win (stadium will be rocking, Freeze will coach the game of his career thus far)

Rebs 3-1! :D
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

Got a long time bama fan saying that OM has got this one! :o
scott
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I heard a 'Bama fan on Sirius XM today saying that he wasn't worried at all about Ole Miss because we barely got by Vandy. I wish the 'Bama players were that overconfident, but I know they won't be. I am expecting a good game from both teams.