How bad did it get last night......

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

From Hellenberger's CL column this morning.....

"In the second half, Ole Miss did enough to slow LSU down, though at times it wasn’t easy. Nursing an already-thin defense, the Rebels saw Whigham, Sawyer and linebacker Keith Lewis go down with injuries at some point.

With Lewis out, Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze looked to linebackers coach Tom Allen and asked who was next in line to play the position. Allen turned to him and said there was no one left. Denzel Nkemdiche eventually volunteered to play the stinger position."

Wow!
Randy
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Awesome play last night. Young guys stepped up and made it happen.

On another note, these last couple of weeks are kind of a eye opener as to why we see cupcakes on schedules. Idaho comes at a great time.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:Awesome play last night. Young guys stepped up and made it happen.

On another note, these last couple of weeks are kind of a eye opener as to why we see cupcakes on schedules. Idaho comes at a great time.
Exactly.. I have made that point a million times when arguing about scheduling. This league is brutal.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Scheduling will kill us in this new system. Strength of schedule is crucial.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebchuck18 wrote:Scheduling will kill us in this new system. Strength of schedule is crucial.
We currently have the toughest ranked schedule in the nation.

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-foo ... le-by-team
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:Scheduling will kill us in this new system. Strength of schedule is crucial.

Sagrin also has us with the toughest schedule to date... and we're 4-3. There's a lot of fight in this team.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Meh, we play in the SEC. That's plenty to get us there assuming we continue to improve. I can think of 5 ranked in the top 16(lol) we play this year in the SEC alone. Theres an SEC team in the big game every year for a reason.

edit:forgot about a&M
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Yes this years is strong because we have Texas on non conference schedule. Next year it will drop because Boise is not Texas and weaker than before. And after that we start with the Memphis Mistake and the Woffords and Presbyterians. If our progression gets us into the mix in the SEC the non conference cupcakes will not help us with the committee which is not only selecting the four playoff teams, but ALSO involved with the upper tier non-playoff bowls. And our SEC brethren are scheduling some strong non conference opponents. The SEC schedule alone will not set us apart. Scheduling Memphis was so short sighted.
Last edited by Rebchuck18 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:Yes this years is strong because we have Texas on non conference schedule. Next year it will drop because Boise is not Texas and weaker than before. And after that we start with the Memphis Mistake and the Woffirds and Presbyterians. If our progression gets us into the mix in the SEC the non conference cupcakes will not help us with the commuter which is not only selecting the four playoff teams, but ALSO involved with the upper tier non-playoff bowls. And our SEC brethren are scheduling some strong non conference opponents. The SEC schedule alone will not set us apart. Scheduling Memphis was so short sighted.
Chuck, I'm sure we're not in on much of the behind the scenes. I don't like playing tiger high either, but if the coaches want to, then so be it. For u to state it's short sighted, not knowing anything that's happening, is short sighted. Freeze has a reason and I think if he wants to play them, then we play them. And our non conference schedule probably isn't any difference than most teams. I brought up a couple of weeks ago how bad the whole day was as for as finding a game to watch. I realize the internet is for complaining about everything, so continue.
Last edited by rebeljim on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

rebelbear wrote:

I agree strength of schedule may mean a little, but we are at #1 SOS and Alabama is at 31. SOS must only mean to someone besides Bama?
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

mascott wrote:
rebelbear wrote:

I agree strength of schedule may mean a little, but we are at #1 SOS and Alabama is at 31. SOS must only mean to someone besides Bama?
one thing that helps bama's strength of schedule a lot is that they don't have to play against bama.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Yeah they do too. bama plays against bama all summer long. That's probably helps them be bama when the season rolls along.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

For the record, top 4 teams have an average SOS of 31. So, I think its safe to say we'll be alright.
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

Some people will ALWAYS find something to bad mouth, unless it has long blonde hair flowing out the back of it's helmet. LoLoL
That being said, I love Bo and he played LIGHTS OUT against the tigers!!!! Glad he's our QB, and glad to have Barry's contribution at that position as well.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:Yeah they do too. bama plays against bama all summer long. That's probably helps them be bama when the season rolls along.
True dat.....
Randy