09 schedule announced

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

done

With the exception of Texas and Fresno, the non conference games for the next THREE years are embarrassing, AND we play Tulane at their place (that should NEVER happen). I may be the biggest Nutt supporter on here, but if this is at his request then he should change his name because he has none!
cajunrebel

Here is what I think of the schedule

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

and then this. . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ_yQ02xwsM
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

To understand my opinion o the schedule, google monkey and football.

Click the first result.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
Jimbo
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Let me get this right, and let me understand that after too many suffering seasons, we have potential to be mentioned among the best in College Football. We will be probably ranked near the top 20 in pre-season polls, we could even go undefeated and the BCS computer will laugh at our strength of schedule so we will sit out the big money bowls because Boone or someone at OM decided to be cheap and bring an opponent to the Vaught where the seats will be half full, the revenue way, way down. We might have our "shot" this year, but we will be shooting blanks, and even the President carrying an Ole Miss leather bag won't impress the pollsters. The anti SEC media, the USC, Ohio State, Penn State, and Notre Dame followers who always think they are the best will have more ammunition to weaken any argument about which conference is toughest, and there are SEVERAL schools that could have been better for OM. WOW, I don't think the monkey and the football is even close, because when we would try even that, we would have a LIMP BOONE, (yes, one too many O's in the spelling). We can beat ALA, LSU, TENN, AUB, and we are still a Wanabe in too many folks minds.
The only saving grace in this whole bucket of crap is that I Still Hate LSU.
RUE
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

HEy We get Ga Tech when Im as old as USC!!!!!! THAT ROCKS!!!!
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

C'mon I know that having two fcs schools is very bad but also think about it this way we still have one of the toughest schedules cause we play in the sec and we play improving uab and memphis teams! we will still have 5 or 6 ranked teams on our schedule which will automatically make those two fcs games void if we demolish both teams like we should. My point is if we win more sec games then lsu and the rest of the west we still go to atlanta and thats our goal is it not?
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

cajunrebel wrote:Here is what I think of the schedule

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

and then this. . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ_yQ02xwsM
Like my Mama used to say, Pete Boone's schedules are like a box of candy... you never know what you'll get.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Maybe everybody should take a deep breath and count to ten................ I know the schedule is not ideal by any means but good grief, its really not the end of the world. If you read some of these threads its like we are doomed before we ever play a game, or even have one spring practice. We will be a pre-season top 15 team and if we take care of business everything else will take care of itself. We will not be left out of a "big money bowl", if we go undefeated or win the SEC because the SEC champ gets an automatic bid into a BCS bowl. Everybody keeps mentioning Auburn in 2004, that was wrong and unfortunate. However, the reason that happened was due to Auburn having a very low pre-season ranking and the poll was based too heavily on strength of schedule. That has since been changed. If we go undefeated, we will play for a national championship. All of these ridiculous hypotheticals are a waste of time and not very likely.
I am not the biggest boone fan in the world but you cant force a team to play you 5 months before the start of a season. I also thought the goal was to play in Atlanta in December and that goal is as attainable today as it has ever been.
rebeldevotee
Scout Team
Scout Team

"So what did the athletic department learn from this mess? A few things actually. One — always have the football schedule laid out a year or two down the road."

That is from DB's blog after talking with Boone. Can someone please explain to me how your AD does not know that you need your schedule planed a year in advance?
jeffssportsblog.wordpress.com
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

MageeRebel425 wrote:
bigtreydaddy wrote:What's worse is that the game is scheduled for 11/7--no bye week before Tenn, LSU, and @MSU. This is literally one of the worst schedules I've ever seen in my life.
I dont like the open date after week 1 but good grief come on people its not the end of the world. I know the rule about only counting one 1-AA team towards the 6 wins to become bowl eligible but seriously, we are talking about a team that should be one of the best teams we have fielded in 40+ years. However, the 11-7 game against northern arizona is a bye week. I know that coaches talk about taking it one game at the time but the staff will have 2 full weeks to prepare for UT and I am sure starters will be out of the game by halftime. Guys that are nicked up wont see any action at all. If we stay healthy we have our best chance in a long time to play in Atlanta and its just hard for me to get upset for not playing a juggernaut the week before playing UT. (LSU the week after)....UT is playing Memphis the week before they play us. As most of you all know SEC races often become a battle of attrition. I know it is hard to get pumped about going to a home game to see Northern Arizona play but look big picture and its really not a bad thing, considering the circumstances.
Magee you miss the most glaring point of having a week off during the stretch run.

IT IS HAVING A WEEK OFF.
A week to heel sore wounds, bumps & bruises. It is the possibility of injury before this run.

This has been bungled from the beginning & I don't give HDN a pass at all on this. We had a schedule & a request was made to back TX up. You don't let the fish off the hook until you have landed another one. Meanwhile we had to cast our line for more than 3 months & all we could land was some old boot.
I am on the golf course if the Rebels aren't on the field.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

rickochet2 wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:
bigtreydaddy wrote:What's worse is that the game is scheduled for 11/7--no bye week before Tenn, LSU, and @MSU. This is literally one of the worst schedules I've ever seen in my life.
I dont like the open date after week 1 but good grief come on people its not the end of the world. I know the rule about only counting one 1-AA team towards the 6 wins to become bowl eligible but seriously, we are talking about a team that should be one of the best teams we have fielded in 40+ years. However, the 11-7 game against northern arizona is a bye week. I know that coaches talk about taking it one game at the time but the staff will have 2 full weeks to prepare for UT and I am sure starters will be out of the game by halftime. Guys that are nicked up wont see any action at all. If we stay healthy we have our best chance in a long time to play in Atlanta and its just hard for me to get upset for not playing a juggernaut the week before playing UT. (LSU the week after)....UT is playing Memphis the week before they play us. As most of you all know SEC races often become a battle of attrition. I know it is hard to get pumped about going to a home game to see Northern Arizona play but look big picture and its really not a bad thing, considering the circumstances.
Magee you miss the most glaring point of having a week off during the stretch run.

IT IS HAVING A WEEK OFF.
A week to heel sore wounds, bumps & bruises. It is the possibility of injury before this run.

This has been bungled from the beginning & I don't give HDN a pass at all on this. We had a schedule & a request was made to back TX up. You don't let the fish off the hook until you have landed another one. Meanwhile we had to cast our line for more than 3 months & all we could land was some old boot.
Don't think Texas was ever scheduled for 09. We had a hole in the 09 schedule long before Texas was scheduled, ESPN got the SEC contract, etc. . . .
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rickochet2 wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:

IT IS HAVING A WEEK OFF.

I understand the week off and I addressed that in my first post.. I will say it again in a different way, Northern Ariozna is as close to a bye week as we could have without saying bye on the schedule. Starters will not play a half and if anybody is the least bit nicked up [/b]THEY WILL NOT PLAY!!! Rickochet the bye week might be the issue to you but if you read the majority of the other post, people are upset about playing two D1-AA teams for a number of different reasons, mostly stuff that is so unlikely it is not worth mentioning. I do not think Boone handled it great if we had to play a 1-AA team I would have preferred to play Jackson St or Alcorn just to get the local media attention but I am not going to speculate on any part of the schedule. That is something I have no first hand knowledge of.
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

IF I made the kind of paycheck Mr. Boone does, and IF I was accountable to so many fans and alumni, I would make absolutely SURE that our schedule was STRAIGHT and legit well before anyone could even begin to question it.
I have no idea what Mr. Boone's salary is, but for as hard as I work at TWO jobs, I honestly believe he should be able to handle one, regardless how difficult it may be. Maybe he got pushed around, maybe not. Who cares? He's getting the bucks. He should be held responsible to DO HIS JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

BobReb wrote:IF I made the kind of paycheck Mr. Boone does, and IF I was accountable to so many fans and alumni, I would make absolutely SURE that our schedule was STRAIGHT and legit well before anyone could even begin to question it.
I have no idea what Mr. Boone's salary is, but for as hard as I work at TWO jobs, I honestly believe he should be able to handle one, regardless how difficult it may be. Maybe he got pushed around, maybe not. Who cares? He's getting the bucks. He should be held responsible to DO HIS JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300K+ for his position as AD. And apparently he wrote on book on that time as well.
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Bet little old me could squeeze out a 12th game opponent. Even if I had to throw some cash around, I wouldn't give the Ole Miss fan base North Arizona. Sad.
In life, compromises must be made. In your marriage, in your business, in your friendships, everything. Surely we could compromise with SOMEONE? There are so many D1 teams that could make a ton of money to come down here.
I just do not get it. This should have been set in stone at least a year ago. And if ESPN wanted to reschedule so much, then they should have been held responsible to come up with a legit opponent.
Oh well...