Alabama Game 2

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Chucky_38
All American
All American

Tide are in control so far. Its 1-0 in the 5th. They have one hit. We have two hits. I think if we could plate 3 or 4 that would do it. But we haven't been able to see this guy today.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

2-Zip.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

5-2 Rebs bottom 7.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Jake!jake!jake!
Jake Morgan enters into the game in the top of the 8th with one on and no outs. First bama batter hits a single and then Jake strikes out the next 6 straight batters. Rebs win: 5-2. And wins the series.
Hotty Freakin Toddy.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Just got in from the game. Some observations:

1. Irwin is the MAN! You could just sense the control coming from him starting the 2nd inning. Would have gotten out of the 5th with no damage, but a lucky hit saved the Tide. But it wouldn't stand...

2. What can you say about Jake Morgan?? One hit then 6 straight Ks to end it. Talk about a guy with confidence!! He was in the drivers seat the whole time and never looked back.

3. Something that's been lost in the past few weeks is how well Miller has taken to 3rd base. He's been doing an amazing job at a position that he had never played before this season. He looked so comfortable over there today. He was just sitting back, waiting on the ball to hop then good throws over to 1st. No panic, just settling in. Moved back to 2nd when Button came in for the 8th and 9th. Good to see Button get a little PT and start getting back on the field. Credit Tim Ferg with the job he's been doing not only at 2nd, but also at the plate.

4. Bama is a really, really good club. The two wins by the Rebels are deceptive. This Tide team is a team that could give anyone fits. Remember that they gave undefeated UGA their first two losses of the season last weekend. This is a club that knows how to swing the bat and they're 3rd in the nation in long balls. But Irwin found a way to get them to swing over it (thanks to a really extended plate inside to the right-handed hitters today) and they grounded out.

5. I saw the closest thing I've ever seen to a triple play. Miller grabs, steps on 3rd, throw to 2nd, and missed the guy at 1st by half a step.

Overall, great game and great series win!!!
GO REBELS!!!
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Great game, got to hear on the way back from Jackson. I won' rehash what everyone else is saying.....Yeah I will--Irwin/Morgan combo is dominant! :P
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Nice crowd: 7484
done

rebelliousb wrote:Nice crowd: 7484
Very nice crowd....appears that Bianco's boys are picking it up now that the games count the most.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Rebchuck18 wrote:
rebelliousb wrote:Nice crowd: 7484
Very nice crowd....appears that Bianco's boys are picking it up now that the games count the most.
Great crowd and, believe it or not, it STILL wasn't full!
GO REBELS!!!
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

I was sitting in section E, but left field looked crazy full. Student, section was a little lacking, however.

I can't wait to see how crowded it is for the Kentucky series.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

MtownRebel wrote:I was sitting in section E, but left field looked crazy full. Student, section was a little lacking, however.

I can't wait to see how crowded it is for the Kentucky series.
Agreed, but understandable considering that it was Spring Break last week and most students probably aren't back in town yet.
GO REBELS!!!
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Great win and I can't wait to see a game in the new park.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I was able to listen to most of the game yesterday and Irwin and Morgan had their stuff working yesterday. Agree, with Miller at 3rd, it's improved our defense and he's done a very solid job.

Morgan's stuff must have been nasty, he struck out some very good Bama batter's.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
Heath
All American
All American

I doubted (and was worried about) the pitching, but Pom, Irwin, and Morgan have done really well. Hopefully Buk will pitch a game today like he did on Tuesday night. If so, get out the brooms!!!