UGA

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

fastbrk4
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

UGA beat Ga Tech and almost KY so come on guys, it's a quality win. We look good in spurts, and bad in spurts, but we are still young. Also, two games won't tell you the story in basketball. You have to see a team play many games to understand their identity. It's a looooooooooonnnnng season.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

fastbrk4 wrote:UGA beat Ga Tech and almost KY so come on guys, it's a quality win. We look good in spurts, and bad in spurts, but we are still young. Also, two games won't tell you the story in basketball. You have to see a team play many games to understand their identity. It's a looooooooooonnnnng season.
the regular season is now half over, so the identity of this team is in place. like you said, it is a team that is good in spurts (lock down D and lights out O) and bad in spurts (nothing drops or bad O possessions and non-existent D); hopeyfully we can get more good spurts than bad.

also, please drop it with the 'young' label. a team is not young when the majority of players getting minutes have at least a year of experience under their belt. Buckner is the only first-yr player who plays a ton. i know several guys didn't play last season, but they aren't young. heck, they were part of a team that made it to the semis of the NIT. JMO
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
done

Watching this team is like watching an NBA team...and I don't mean that in a good way.

For instance when Terrico got hot at the beginning of the half and made those four quick shots...well that's great but the other four guys were just standing around and if any of those four were misses there weren't going to be any offensive rebounds. We have tremendous athletes who can catch fire and at times that raw athleticism results in some tenacious defense but again in spurts.

I do firmly believe that when coaching is a determining factor in games we will lose games against inferior teams. We are absolutely undisciplined, but so is much of college basketball these days.

I really just can't stand to watch us play even when we win because the kind of basketball we play is the kind I can not stand. But I watch and I root because they are Ole Miss. Hope we win and go far in the tourney, but I just don't see it happening. Absolute street ball being played.