We are the best...

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

...at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

This game shouldn't have been close...
Chucky_38
All American
All American

The only way to lose that game was to give it away. And we did. This is a perfect example of why I WILL NEVER EXPECT an Ole Miss athletic program in the big 3 to win big. We CANNOT do it. I'm so sick of watching Ole Miss do this kind of thing in EVERY sport. We will never be more than mediocore in anything. Except of course for Tennis. :roll:

Expect a 7-9 or 8-8 finish in SEC play. Its all we can do.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Our offense pretty much imploded in the last 8 minutes of regulation. Never should've gone to OT.
fastbrk4
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Agree with all the above posts.

One positive, I can go get a hell of a workout after watching the Rebels because I'm so *beep*.
done

Chucky_38 wrote:The only way to lose that game was to give it away. And we did. This is a perfect example of why I WILL NEVER EXPECT an Ole Miss athletic program in the big 3 to win big. We CANNOT do it. I'm so sick of watching Ole Miss do this kind of thing in EVERY sport. We will never be more than mediocore in anything. Except of course for Tennis. :roll:

Don't share your pessimistic attitude, I believe that our football program right now is the 3rd best in the best league in the country and with back to back nine win seasons, mediocre is not how I would describe it. Same for baseball program..

Now I will agree with you on basketball particularly this basketball team..

But I do not share your defeatist attitude with regard to football, where I see immense progress and promise, or baseball where we are in the post season every year...neither of those programs is mediocre by any stretch of the meaning of that word.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Rebchuck18 wrote:
Chucky_38 wrote:The only way to lose that game was to give it away. And we did. This is a perfect example of why I WILL NEVER EXPECT an Ole Miss athletic program in the big 3 to win big. We CANNOT do it. I'm so sick of watching Ole Miss do this kind of thing in EVERY sport. We will never be more than mediocore in anything. Except of course for Tennis. :roll:

Don't share your pessimistic attitude, I believe that our football program right now is the 3rd best in the best league in the country and with back to back nine win seasons, mediocre is not how I would describe it. Same for baseball program..

Now I will agree with you on basketball particularly this basketball team..

But I do not share your defeatist attitude with regard to football, where I see immense progress and promise, or baseball where we are in the post season every year...neither of those programs is mediocre by any stretch of the meaning of that word.
I'll agree with that. Mediocre is not accurate. Our football program is a strong one right now. And the baseball program has been the strongest it can be without Omaha. But I won't believe the Rebels can win Atlanta, Omaha or the Final Four. We've never even been there.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
------------------

Actually, we've been to Omaha 3 times...been a long time ago, but we have been there.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Sasquatch wrote:Actually, we've been to Omaha 3 times...been a long time ago, but we have been there.
Last one was in either 1970 or 1971. We lost to Texas and USC in that one.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food