sec better

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

mascott
3rd String
3rd String

that game was the worst officiated game I have EVER witnessed. sec had better reign in their officials or they are going to lose some fans NAMELY ME!!! :evil:
fastbrk4
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

it was bad, but we gave the game away
done

You should be more concerned I believe with Ole Miss coaching than SEC officiating...well coached teams do not lose games like this....period.
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

while I do agree we gave the game away, it's really tough when there were sooo many bad and non calls. but good teams always find a way to win. I suppose we just aren't a good team.
fastbrk4
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

If you gave this team to Rob Evans, it would have 1 or 2 losses right now and the defense would be a hell of a lot better
RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

fastbrk4 wrote:If you gave this team to Rob Evans, it would have 1 or 2 losses right now and the defense would be a hell of a lot better
That's the problem, Rod could not recruit a team like this. You would have to give him one.
Andy is a good coach and a very good recruiter. I did not say great but a good coach that will get better as time goes on. We have no presence down low and too small at the point. They are trying to find the chemistry this year because of all the injuries last year. We just need to peak at the right time (tourney) and we can have a great year.

RebelBond
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson
done

RebelBond wrote:
fastbrk4 wrote:If you gave this team to Rob Evans, it would have 1 or 2 losses right now and the defense would be a hell of a lot better
That's the problem, Rod could not recruit a team like this. You would have to give him one.
Andy is a good coach and a very good recruiter. I did not say great but a good coach that will get better as time goes on. We have no presence down low and too small at the point. They are trying to find the chemistry this year because of all the injuries last year. We just need to peak at the right time (tourney) and we can have a great year.

RebelBond
I hope you are right about AK but I have serious doubts because I think his biggest problems are philosophy and style of play. Playground will always be playground and it allows less talented but more disciplined and fundamentally competent teams to take advantage of your weaknesses. It is all athletic ability and shooting with the Rebels...if the guys can out-athletic the other team and their crazy shots are falling then we have a shot. But, I have seen improvement so I will keep my fingers crossed. But it is brutal to watch, as is most college basketball these days. I watched the Texas vs Baylor game and I have seen middle school teams with better passing and free throw shooting and TX is a top 10 team (or was). The state of college basketball is deplorable. Dicky V was talking about how great it is yesterday and I wanted to ask what drugs he was taking. It is really sad.