Vandy Game

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm so sick of this basketball team.
They really made me want to throw up tonight.
They have no clear leader on the court.
I'm sick of seeing wild 3s jacked up.
They played with no purpose or sense of urgency.
Fans sounded like they were at the library most of the game.
I'm sick of the NIT.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Postseason is better than nothing. Chin up mate.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
done

Watching this team play "basketball" reminds me of watching the team at my high school play in P.E. when there were no coaches or refs and they would just clear out and go one-on-one with each other and not call fouls or violations...that is essentially what they are...just a bunch of "shirts and skins" players with no team concept beyond "in the moment" athleticism with flashes of individual brilliance but no plan, no goals, no objectives, no clue...

And even though those high school players were great athletes...if a well coached, disciplined, less athletic team played them in a real game while they were still playing like they were in P.E. the less talented team would have beaten them...that is what our basketball team, and program, have become under AK.

Say what you want about Barnes' recruiting but in Ak's first seasons he had a Barnes recruit, Todd Abernathy, running the show at point...I said when he left that we would miss him and everyone said I was wrong because Chris Warren was amazing...Todd was not near the athlete that any of the current Rebels are...but what he was..was a Basketball player...that is what we need more of..that is what Vandy has more of...I don't see basketball players wanting to come play for AK and I don't see him asking them to. I would much prefer to watch a team of such "scrappers" than to watch what we put on the floor...

Our football and baseball programs are in good hands, and unlike Chucky 38, I expect continued and greater success for both, but IMO we have made a mistake in the basketball program....
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Thank goodness baseball season starts today!
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:Watching this team play "basketball" reminds me of watching the team at my high school play in P.E. when there were no coaches or refs and they would just clear out and go one-on-one with each other and not call fouls or violations...that is essentially what they are...just a bunch of "shirts and skins" players with no team concept beyond "in the moment" athleticism with flashes of individual brilliance but no plan, no goals, no objectives, no clue...

And even though those high school players were great athletes...if a well coached, disciplined, less athletic team played them in a real game while they were still playing like they were in P.E. the less talented team would have beaten them...that is what our basketball team, and program, have become under AK.

Say what you want about Barnes' recruiting but in Ak's first seasons he had a Barnes recruit, Todd Abernathy, running the show at point...I said when he left that we would miss him and everyone said I was wrong because Chris Warren was amazing...Todd was not near the athlete that any of the current Rebels are...but what he was..was a Basketball player...that is what we need more of..that is what Vandy has more of...I don't see basketball players wanting to come play for AK and I don't see him asking them to. I would much prefer to watch a team of such "scrappers" than to watch what we put on the floor...

Our football and baseball programs are in good hands, and unlike Chucky 38, I expect continued and greater success for both, but IMO we have made a mistake in the basketball program....
I think you're right Chuck. The only shirts and skins game I'd actually pay to see is the girls' version...
done

felicianareb wrote: The only shirts and skins game I'd actually pay to see is the girls' version...[/b][/color]
Unless of course we were playing in Starkville 8O :mrgreen: