Our team has lost unity and confidence on the court

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

What we have been witnessing from ole miss basketball in the last 2 weeks just makes no sense. Our team has more talent on it then any other sec team besides Uk , yet we continue to lose to inferior teams. Our talented team has become a jump shooting only team. If our players really wanted to they could drive to the basket any time but they don't and they resort to shooting dumb jumpers that never go in. Oh, and its time for terrico to step up to the plate. White showed us what he could do last year but has not once matched that with any performance this season. He's starting to look like a basketball version of Jevan snead. The loss to state has badly hurt our ncaa tourney chances. Espn bracketlologist before the state game said he had olemiss as a 9 or 10 seed going into the ncaa tourney provided they beat state and finish 10-6 at least in the sec. Well, we didn't beat state, they swepped us, and there's no way we finish 10-6 now. We'll be lucky to finish 8-8 the way were playing. We won't beat vandy, thats a loss, we won't beat arky at arky, thats a loss, and we have to play bama at bama. Oh, and we also have to play florida. If we don't start playing to our potential come tournament time we will all be doing what we always seem to do in basketball, buying NIT tickets to watch olemiss play in the second rate mean nothing tournament. To realistically get in we must have one more win against a rpi top 25 opponent (that means beat vandy), and we must finish the regular season with at least 21 wins. That means we must win 4 out of our last 6 and then get a win or 2 in the sec tourney. This is looking like another underachieving rebel season, one of many under andy kennedy. If he doesn't get us in the tourney with the talent we have this year i doubt he ever will.
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Actually, next year is supposed to be "the year". All we lose off this team to graduation is Cranston.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

wildthang80 wrote:Actually, next year is supposed to be "the year".

There's no way I'm the only one tired of hearing this...

"HEY, AK WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIGHT F****** NOW!!!!!!!!!! SHUT UP AND WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!" You'll get your crowds, and support and donations and new arena and season ticket sellouts just as soon as you win.
L. S. WHO?
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

So far every year has supposed to be the year with kennedy as head coach. He has yet to get us to the ncaa tournament and he had good excuses his first few years but with the talent we have this season theres no excuse for losing to arkansas at home and state twice in a year when we have better talent. ITs put up or shut up time for kennedy he'll be in trouble if he doesn't make it this year.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:So far every year has supposed to be the year with kennedy as head coach. He has yet to get us to the ncaa tournament and he had good excuses his first few years but with the talent we have this season theres no excuse for losing to arkansas at home and state twice in a year when we have better talent. ITs put up or shut up time for kennedy he'll be in trouble if he doesn't make it this year.
His first 2 years were with Rod Barnes players. His 3rd year, last year, half the team was injuried. This year, his 4th, is the first disappointment of his tenure here. Are u sure u are a Rebel? U sure seem like a dog .
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

rebeljim wrote:
jrebel87 wrote:So far every year has supposed to be the year with kennedy as head coach. He has yet to get us to the ncaa tournament and he had good excuses his first few years but with the talent we have this season theres no excuse for losing to arkansas at home and state twice in a year when we have better talent. ITs put up or shut up time for kennedy he'll be in trouble if he doesn't make it this year.
His first 2 years were with Rod Barnes players. His 3rd year, last year, half the team was injuried. This year, his 4th, is the first disappointment of his tenure here. Are u sure u are a Rebel? U sure seem like a dog .
You have to admit Kennedy has been all talk. Nutt took us to the post season twice in two years. Kennedy has had 3 and were getting worse with better talent. I have to agree with the poster that said our guys look like they don't want it. The coach has to make them want it! We have the most talented basketball team I've seen and we suck!
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

I will try not to take to much offense to the fact that you just asked if i'm a cowtown fan. I don't know what your watching but you know what they say about excuses....everyone has one. The nation doesn't care that his first 2 years were with barnes players. Barnes recruited some good players, good enough to make it to the ncaa tournament numerous times while in oxford so that excuse is no excuse at all. Its about coaching. Losing to vandy and florida back to back when you know both are must win games are inexcusable. Our players weren't motivated for those games. If you seriously aren't motivated when two top 25 teams come to town then thats on the coach. Yes, we have won 2 games in a row but now we have no breathing room. We must win tonight and against arky and then were still not okay. We must get at least one more win if not 2 to even be in the conversation for a 11 or 12 seed in the tourney.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

it game night, dudes, can we get some positive vibes here????? Lie if you have to. :x
done

bleuwolfe wrote: Lie if you have to. :x
I feel great confidence in this team....they are well coached, well disciplined, make great shot selections, paly UNBELIEVABLE team defense, and really have a plan on offense!

Oh yeah, I really really love the idea of Government run health care as well.... 8)
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
I feel great confidence in this team....they are well coached, well disciplined, make great shot selections, paly UNBELIEVABLE team defense, and really have a plan on offense!

Oh yeah, I really really love the idea of Government run health care as well.... 8)
you just cant resist taking pot shots can you? and its better than Uber-Expensive Disease Management Without Care which is what we have now..
Now back to basketball on the SPORTS message board: youre a very bad liar 8)
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Not that it matters but......... I hope that the NCAA committee isn't watching this game...
done

bleuwolfe wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:

you just cant resist taking pot shots can you? and its better than Uber-Expensive Disease Management Without Care which is what we have now..
Now back to basketball on the SPORTS message board: youre a very bad liar 8)
Well you told me to lie, so i was just doing as you requested while adding a little perspective...geesh .8)

btw, that is not true :roll: