What's Worse for Ole Miss?

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

What's worse: 1 and done in the NCAA tourney as an very low seed, or 1 or 2 wins and done in the NIT as a 1 or 2 seed? I want back in the NCAA tournament as much as any Ole Miss Fan! I've been waiting patiently for an AK team to turn the corner. Let's face it, even if by some miracle on selection Sunday and Kennedy's Rebels get in we have been consistent at only one thing all season... Missing free throws! And that will keep us from beating any 5 or higher seed team in the NCAA Tournament.

Even the games we won we shot 60% Free Throws. I don't see the discipline I expect from a team that has more juniors and seniors than freshmen and sophomores. And save your "Hate Mail" responses. I'm with Sasquatch on this one... I'm not an AK hater! I've supported him for 3 and 1/2 seasons. Even through the DUI, arrest, and embarrassment to our University, I stood behind him because I believed. I stopped believing halfway through the season this year when everyone was back and healthy and we still looked like a team in one of those touching motivational sports stories like "We Are Marshall" where all the focus is on the key game you won (Xavier in We Are Marshall... Kansas State in the Ole Miss drama). Halfway through this season when I still couldn't see consistent improvement I gave up on AK, not on our players. They are undisciplined and it showed today versus UT!
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

JMO, but even 1 and done in the NCAA is better than winning the NIT.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

john_avery_fast wrote:JMO, but even 1 and done in the NCAA is better than winning the NIT.
Agree, NCAA is better than anything we achieve in the NIT [not in tourney].
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
done

Would you rather have one date with Shania Twain or four dates with Susan Boyle?
------------------

Rebchuck18 wrote:...or four dates with Susan Boyle?

ewwwww....just ewwww.

8O
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Going to the NIT was a good building block when we made the semifinals back in 08 but we really needed to go to the tourney this year. All they had to do was protect home court but the loses to State, Arkansas, Vandy, and Florida will mean NIT. This team never really seemed to play with a sense of urgency. A.K. was on college gameday a minute ago making the case for us getting in based on our "entire body of work". He also tried to make the case of us being such a much better team with buckner on the court and our record without him.
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

rebeljim wrote:
john_avery_fast wrote:JMO, but even 1 and done in the NCAA is better than winning the NIT.
Agree, NCAA is better than anything we achieve in the NIT [not in tourney].
I agree with both of you! My point was that 4 years into the Kennedy administration, we are not ready to compete in the big dance and that's why we won't go. If we had beat UT that would be the proof. I don't know that we could beat one of the 64 teams. We probably will make the NCAA tourney next year. But only because of the huge expansion to 90-something teams and not because of any improvement. I see is at maybe .500 in conference next year no matter who signs to play with us unless we replace Kennedy with someone to discipline the boys to shoot 80% free throws or higher and take more fouls than you give.