Moderator: Rebel Security

rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

------------------

Remember what happened last time Petey-boy had a "plan":

:roll:
done

Obviously being 750 miles away it is not possible for me to attend basketball games on a Wednesday night....however, if I still lived in Jackson I would travel that 150 miles (as I did) if I were going to see the likes of Anthony Boone or a team coached by Rob Evans or, yes, Rod Barnes....even in bad years because I knew those kids and coaches were class acts and loved Ole Miss and deserved that extra effort to support them...for AK and his players.....not so much..his style and his persona I will guarantee you is at the very least reducing what enthusiasm is there for basketball and maybe even making some folks purposely stay away who might otherwise be there. That may not be right, but it is a reality and that is coming from someone who used to take vacation every March during the Evans/Barnes years and pull my two boys out of school to follow the Ole Miss team to the SEC tourney. And as a student during Weltlich's years (when we NEVER won more than 17 games or so) I did not miss one single game. I would walk from my Frat house across the street to the Tad Pad every game to watch Elston Turner play defense and Stroud scrap for every garbage basket on the court. I LOVED Ole Miss basketball and college basketball. I almost detest both now because it is so sickening to watch what both have become.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I see where both of you arecing from. My only problem with Pete's plan is he is basically saying he's now ready to join the late twentieth century. Where you been?