We honestly don't deserve to be in the ncaat,ak needs to go

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:Just to clarify...I have never said he should be fired. That would be ridiculous. Just think we made a mistake that we will have to correct sooner than later....as I often said during Orgeron's tenure...I hope I am wrong!
I definitely agree that it was a mistake! As far as him being fired, they should have done it when he plead guilty to the Cab Incident to save face. It's bad PR to fire the wrong person after a 20 win season. I do think we need to be smart about it and have made contact with the next coach before firing AK whenever that is. You don't want to fire him before you know you can get someone better. That's what the successful programs do, and I want Ole Miss to be successful in Basketball.
fastbrk4
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

As stated earlier, I think you give AK next year to get to the Big Dance and if he doesn't deliver he should be fired. IF that does happen, then I'm with those who say we can get a good up and coming coach in here. Why should we settle? Why do we only have to be good in football? When our baseball team, facilities, crowds and everything else associated with Ole Miss baseball was a joke, we turned it around in dramatic fashion. There used to be 5 people in the stands at Swayze but the investment paid off and after hiring Bianco it has gone farther than I ever imagined. Basketball coaches are easier to find than football because there are more D1 basketball schools and many are good coaches at mid-majors. You can pluck one of those coaches for the right money and Ole Miss would look very attractive to them.
done

fastbrk4 wrote:As stated earlier, I think you give AK next year to get to the Big Dance and if he doesn't deliver he should be fired. IF that does happen, then I'm with those who say we can get a good up and coming coach in here. Why should we settle? Why do we only have to be good in football? When our baseball team, facilities, crowds and everything else associated with Ole Miss baseball was a joke, we turned it around in dramatic fashion. There used to be 5 people in the stands at Swayze but the investment paid off and after hiring Bianco it has gone farther than I ever imagined. Basketball coaches are easier to find than football because there are more D1 basketball schools and many are good coaches at mid-majors. You can pluck one of those coaches for the right money and Ole Miss would look very attractive to them.
The difference being that college baseball has not deteriorated like college basketball has. IMO I think that college baseball is becoming a place of refuge...where college fans can go to kind of return to the good ole days of sport when, for the most part, Divas, tattooed up thugs, and one-and-doners didn't rule the day. I know that is one of the reasons I have paid more attention to college baseball than I used to (although I still hate those blasted bats and the DH)...
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:
fastbrk4 wrote:As stated earlier, I think you give AK next year to get to the Big Dance and if he doesn't deliver he should be fired. IF that does happen, then I'm with those who say we can get a good up and coming coach in here. Why should we settle? Why do we only have to be good in football? When our baseball team, facilities, crowds and everything else associated with Ole Miss baseball was a joke, we turned it around in dramatic fashion. There used to be 5 people in the stands at Swayze but the investment paid off and after hiring Bianco it has gone farther than I ever imagined. Basketball coaches are easier to find than football because there are more D1 basketball schools and many are good coaches at mid-majors. You can pluck one of those coaches for the right money and Ole Miss would look very attractive to them.
The difference being that college baseball has not deteriorated like college basketball has. IMO I think that college baseball is becoming a place of refuge...where college fans can go to kind of return to the good ole days of sport when, for the most part, Divas, tattooed up thugs, and one-and-doners didn't rule the day. I know that is one of the reasons I have paid more attention to college baseball than I used to (although I still hate those blasted bats and the DH)...
If they'd get rid of those stupid, uneccessary bats, it be damned near perfect, or at least as perfect as it gets. At least they toned the bats down a bit. A few years back those awful bats had turned college baseball into softball. The scores got ridiculous.
done

felicianareb wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:
If they'd get rid of those stupid, uneccessary bats, it be damned near perfect, or at least as perfect as it gets. At least they toned the bats down a bit. A few years back those awful bats had turned college baseball into softball. The scores got ridiculous.
Yea, whatever that new blend is has made the bats more reasonable and you don't get the dreaded "ping" as often or as noticeably as you used to...still hate the DH (in the majors as well)....hell if fat Babe Ruth could pitch and hit and field, then so can these kids today...EVEN punters and kickers have to tackle now and then!