Ole Miss vs Memphis!!!! Need some Rebels in the Pad!!!

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

fastbrk4
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Please don't let me be overrun by Tiger High fans on national TV Friday!!!! That would suck!!!! :evil:
done

After seeing the crowd in memphis, I am shocked the NIT folks haven't tried to put this game in memphis....large city vs small college town during Spring Break.....I guess since the NCAA is subsidizing the NIT now they can stick to the higher seed's venue..in the old days this game would have definitely been in Memphis.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

Rebchuck18 wrote:After seeing the crowd in memphis, I am shocked the NIT folks haven't tried to put this game in memphis....large city vs small college town during Spring Break.....I guess since the NCAA is subsidizing the NIT now they can stick to the higher seed's venue..in the old days this game would have definitely been in Memphis.
you are exactly right. Since the NCAA took over the NIT, the higher seed gets the game unless there are 'extenuating circumstances' that affect the higher seed's venue, like something already being scheduled on that date.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
done

What time is the game and what network?
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

Rebchuck18 wrote:What time is the game and what network?
5:30 tip, ESPN2
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Memphis fans have already talked how Ole Miss and UMISSST can't fill a stadium during a tournament. I can't stand those folks. They can twist facts worse than any of them. Now they say this game is a kiss and make up game between us but the ball is in our court to do so. I say screwum! Send them back to their high chairs to quench their milkaholic thirsts!
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

dont hold back, bbqit, tell us how you really feel! :lol:
kissing memphis is tantamount to kissing a goat who just devoured a crate of anchovies...I can definitely do better, and so can our Rebs. No kissing, but lots of smacking bc it is OUR floor.
GO REBELS!!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Can anybody explain what the ref was thinking when it was a dead ball and he let memphis keep on shooting? Then called a foul on us when they couldn't make the shot anyway? Beejeezus!!!! If Kennedy would have said what I said he would have been ejected. The buzzer was loud enough and it was more obvious than robbing a bank while stark naked singing to the security camera. I guess that is just part of playing the High.