Boeheim as ap coach of the year is a travesty...

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Kennedy didn't even get a vote!!! WTF?

Just kidding. But how in the hell did Bruce Pearl not even get a vote. He should've won it IMO.
Some Random Dude
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

lewindha wrote:Kennedy didn't even get a vote!!! WTF?

Just kidding. But how in the hell did Bruce Pearl not even get a vote. He should've won it IMO.

Boeheim did a great job this year but Pearl definitely was better IMO. And how about the coach for Butler? That would be my #1 pick with Pearl second.
And AK with ZERO votes!!??!! Who knows? :roll: :lol:
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

Voting occurs before the NCAA tourney, so that is one reason the Butler coach didn't get it. BTW, Butler was a top-10 preseason team this season; the Cuse was not even ranked pre-season, I believe. If they were it was just inside the top-25.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
DuckHunter1964
Water Boy
Water Boy

john_avery_fast wrote:Voting occurs before the NCAA tourney, so that is one reason the Butler coach didn't get it. BTW, Butler was a top-10 preseason team this season
Not quite, they were ranked by the AP at #11 preseason, but that's splitting hairs.

1. Kansas (55)
2. Michigan St. (5)
3. Texas (1)
4. Kentucky (3)
5. Villanova
6. North Carolina (1)
7. Purdue
8. West Virginia
9. Duke
10. Tennessee
11. Butler
12. Connecticut
13. California
14. Washington
15. Michigan
16. Ohio St.
17. Oklahoma
18. Mississippi St.
19. Louisville
20. Georgetown
21. Dayton
22. Georgia Tech
23. Illinois
24. Clemson
25. Minnesota
the Cuse was not even ranked pre-season, I believe. If they were it was just inside the top-25.
That's true, they were just outside of the Top 25.

Something else that is amazing when you look at it--You could count the number of sub-20 win seasons SU has with Boeheim as their coach on one hand, and still have fingers left. When I was counting, I think it only came up to two times that they've failed to make the 20-win mark. He does an amazing job year in and year out.

I highlighted a few of the teams which didn't make the big dance this year. I doubt it looks much worse than most PS Top 25's from any other year, though.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

DuckHunter1964 wrote:
john_avery_fast wrote:Voting occurs before the NCAA tourney, so that is one reason the Butler coach didn't get it. BTW, Butler was a top-10 preseason team this season
Not quite, they were ranked by the AP at #11 preseason, but that's splitting hairs.

1. Kansas (55)
2. Michigan St. (5)
3. Texas (1)
4. Kentucky (3)
5. Villanova
6. North Carolina (1)
7. Purdue
8. West Virginia
9. Duke
10. Tennessee
11. Butler
12. Connecticut
13. California
14. Washington
15. Michigan
16. Ohio St.
17. Oklahoma
18. Mississippi St.
19. Louisville
20. Georgetown
21. Dayton
22. Georgia Tech
23. Illinois
24. Clemson
25. Minnesota
the Cuse was not even ranked pre-season, I believe. If they were it was just inside the top-25.
That's true, they were just outside of the Top 25.

Something else that is amazing when you look at it--You could count the number of sub-20 win seasons SU has with Boeheim as their coach on one hand, and still have fingers left. When I was counting, I think it only came up to two times that they've failed to make the 20-win mark. He does an amazing job year in and year out.

I highlighted a few of the teams which didn't make the big dance this year. I doubt it looks much worse than most PS Top 25's from any other year, though.
Well, the preseason coaches poll had Butler at 10 and the Cuse at 25, so I was half right on both accounts depending on the poll.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'