ESPN 2010/11 Season Top 25,

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

A Top 25 looking ahead to next season is certain to be flawed when it's done this early.
There are assumptions made that could prove incorrect. But there is no choice. The NBA draft early-entry deadline is still a few weeks away on April 25, with the withdrawal date soon after on May 8.

22. Ole Miss: The Rebels don't lose a single key player from an NIT final four team. Ole Miss will have a star backcourt in Terrico White and Chris Warren. The only reservation I have with this group is if the Rebels can be counted on to avoid the erratic play in the SEC that has put them on the wrong side of the bubble recently.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/s ... id=5060752
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Yep, the same old erratic play would make me pause and think too, were I a sportswriter.
Hoping they mature up alot over the offseason. That'll make all the difference.
Along with their improvement on the line.
done

bleuwolfe wrote: Ole Miss: The Rebels don't lose a single key player from an NIT final four team.
Therein may lie the problem....another year of athletic, school yard, no rhythm, undisciplined schizophrenic play at point guard and coaching on the bench...

I am telling you we need to recruit a bunch of decent basketball players with high ACT scores and we will ultimately go farther in real post season play. Let's take Butler for example. Does anybody think folks were viewing Howard as a ESPN top whatever center? Probably not but dude is an Academic All American and takes that self motivation and drive onto the court and gets to the National Championship game...and his backup (who came in and scored 10 early points) is a college student who has already set up a private foundation to help kids in Uganda! Get me some folks like that man and not only do I think we will be better on the court I will be d*** proud to have them represent my school and I guarantee you folks would come out to support them. We used to have folks like that who truly inspired you. Now we look like any AAU summer league team out there in velour sweat suits.

Of course my approach probably wouldn't work because if we did recruit a bunch of smart guys, AK would probably have some communication issues with his players.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote: Ole Miss: The Rebels don't lose a single key player from an NIT final four team.
Therein may lie the problem....another year of athletic, school yard, no rhythm, undisciplined schizophrenic play at point guard and coaching on the bench...

I am telling you we need to recruit a bunch of decent basketball players with high ACT scores and we will ultimately go farther in real post season play. Let's take Butler for example. Does anybody think folks were viewing Howard as a ESPN top whatever center? Probably not but dude is an Academic All American and takes that self motivation and drive onto the court and gets to the National Championship game...and his backup (who came in and scored 10 early points) is a college student who has already set up a private foundation to help kids in Uganda! Get me some folks like that man and not only do I think we will be better on the court I will be d*** proud to have them represent my school and I guarantee you folks would come out to support them. We used to have folks like that who truly inspired you. Now we look like any AAU summer league team out there in velour sweat suits.

Of course my approach probably wouldn't work because if we did recruit a bunch of smart guys, AK would probably have some communication issues with his players.
LOL!

You know, next year it really isn't going to matter what we're ranked OR what happens (moderately speaking)in conference play....all we gotta do is be the 96th best team in the country and we will be given a chance at the national title. :roll:

YEEHAAAaaaaaa :mrgreen:
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

yesterday is gone never to return..for some thats good, for others sad either way it is over
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

ThunderReb wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:

LOL!

You know, next year it really isn't going to matter what we're ranked OR what happens (moderately speaking)in conference play....all we gotta do is be the 96th best team in the country and we will be given a chance at the national title. :roll:

YEEHAAAaaaaaa :mrgreen:
That's mighty high expectations...
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Maybe we will get the SI cover like the football team. That seemed to make their season better.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm hearing we may lose someone to the draft.............no names but his last name is a color......... 8)
done

bleuwolfe wrote:yesterday is gone never to return..for some thats good, for others sad either way it is over
Actually the national championship game was Monday night. not yesterday....but the court was filled with exactly those type of players and students...it is all a matter of what your approach is. I believe that college basketball may actually be coming full circle because of its recent status as a one or two year minor league program for the NBA, teams that recruit smarter, fundamentally sound players who hang around for four years are going to rise to the top, while teams that recruit AAU divas will likely get bumped in the second weekend like Kentucky...and then the teams that recruit the lower level AAU divas (like Ole Miss) will have Madison Square Garden as their ultimate goal...

So I beg to differ...it is not over at all...it is in fact a renaissance of old school basketball led by scrappy ball players who not only know what and assist is, what a block out is, what team defense is....but know how to spell all of those things as well!