The Cowbell Compromise??

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

The SEC Athletic Directors and presidents reached an agreement to allow cowbells inside Davis-Wade Stadium. The agreement will allow cowbells to be rung during pregame activities, timeouts, halftime, and when the bulldogs score.

http://nems360.com/view/full_story/7803 ... eft_column
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

This is funny! I just can't see 50,000 MooU fans with cowbells in their hands limiting the use of them to those instances only.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

badmotorfinger wrote:This is funny! I just can't see 50,000 MooU fans with cowbells in their hands limiting the use of them to those instances only.
this is the rest of the SEC giving them about the same amount of rope that Saddam was given soon after his capture.

The cowbells = TSWRA and the fans will decide it's fate. Next year MSU will surely be fined for every violation of the "conditions".
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelliousb wrote:
badmotorfinger wrote:This is funny! I just can't see 50,000 MooU fans with cowbells in their hands limiting the use of them to those instances only.
this is the rest of the SEC giving them about the same amount of rope that Saddam was given soon after his capture.

The cowbells = TSWRA and the fans will decide it's fate. Next year MSU will surely be fined for every violation of the "conditions".
D o u really believe this? leg humper u will continue to ring those bells and the refs WON'T do a thing, hide and watch.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
rebelliousb wrote:

D o u really believe this? leg humper u will continue to ring those bells and the refs WON'T do a thing, hide and watch.

the refs can't do a thing. But if they ring them when they are not supposed to this year, I fully expect monetary sanctions to go into effect next year.
wpdrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

I find it hard to believe that anything will be done about it. It has gone on for so long i just dont see it changing now. I hope i am wrong though, i cant stand those @#%!&#@ bells or the stupid @#$%!&* that ring them.
For evil to succeed, let good men do nothing.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
rebelliousb wrote:

^^^^^^^THIS!
rock2000
Water Boy
Water Boy

Those people don't even have the sense to stop ringing the cowbells during THEIR team's snap counts. This a complete joke, a farce.
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

I hope it changes but I'll believe it when I see it.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Here's my "COMPROMISE" to the cowbell situation:
1-I will only TAKE 75% of the cowbells away from the idiots who ring them near me. (My collection was once quite large. :P ) AND
2-I will refrain from shoving the noisy muthas up said 75% offenders keisters.

That's my freakin' compromise!!!! :twisted:
done

I am not holding my breath for anything to change. Cheaters cheat.....period! They need an artificial advantage and they will continue to need it. Love LSU or hate them, they don't need any artificial help in making noise and being obnoxious. For that, they have my begrudging respect. MSU needs those cowbells like a crackhead needs his pipe.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Rebchuck18 wrote:I am not holding my breath for anything to change. Cheaters cheat.....period! They need an artificial advantage and they will continue to need it. Love LSU or hate them, they don't need any artificial help in making noise and being obnoxious. For that, they have my begrudging respect. MSU needs those cowbells like a crackhead needs his pipe.
Not bad old man...I applaud (insert standing ovation here)!!!
Rule #1.......Don't panik
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

That is exactly right, it is a completely unfair advantage because the noise of those annoying clangers is louder then a super air horn when rung together and airhorns are illegal! They will never get fined for ringing them, that was assured as soon as the sec said they could continue to use them (they will never adhere to the new rules and the sec won't do a thing about it). State fans i hate to tell ya this but your cheating scam won't help you, just as it hasn't for the past 7 years with your team only having one winning season during those years! Go back to the pasture and graze!
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

feel kinda sorry for them - we have a real FB team and all they have is a cowbell...I remember a sign ESPN showed at Lsux /St game - " Just a bunch of Ole Miss Rejects" says it all, doesn't it? so let em have enjoy their litttle noise makers while they can.