Ole Miss Transfer Polynice to Seton Hall

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Eniel Polynice, a 6-foot-6, 220-pound wing from Sarasota, Fla., has decided to transfer to Seton Hall from Ole Miss and expects to be eligible to suit up immediately next season.
“I decided to pick Seton Hall because of the coaching staff,” Polynice said Wednesday by phone. “Coach [Kevin] Willard and Coach Dan McHale. I decided it was a great situation and a good opportunity to play in the Big East.”

Polynice also visited Xavier and Nebraska.

Polynice played in 33 games with 25 starts last season at Ole Miss. He averaged 8.8 points, 4.1 rebounds and a team-high 3.9 assists in 24.9 minutes per game.

Polynice declared for the NBA Draft, but didn’t hire an agent.

He graduated from Ole Miss and finished his career ranked ninth all-time with 319 assists. He became the third player in school history with 700 career points, 300 rebounds and 300 assists.

He spent four seasons at the SEC school, sitting out 2008-09 after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his left knee.

Because Ole Miss doesn’t have a communications program and Seton Hall does, Seton Hall will submit a waiver and Polynice expects to be eligible to play immediately.

“Yes, I will be able to play right away,” he said. “I’m going to a graduate program that Ole Miss doesn’t have.”

Polynice initially chose Ole Miss over Southern California, N.C. State and Oklahoma.

He joins fellow Seton Hall newcomers Fuquan Edwin, Anali Okoloji and Patrick Auda.

Along with the return of Jordan Theodore, Jeremy Hazell, Jeff Robinson and possibly Herb Pope, if he is healthy enough, the Pirates should be able to contend for the top half of the Big East.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/06/30/ole- ... eton-hall/
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
------------------

Can we maybe just cancel men's basketball next season? Good grief, who's left on the roster...ANYBODY? 8O
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Great school (and they LOVE BB)- good luck to him
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Ok, somebody needs to help me out, I'm not a big basketball aficionado. What's up with the transfer's?

Is this something to do with AK, or is it due to talent on the team. Like I said I don't follow OM basketball as close as other sports, just doesn't look good from my point of view.
Randy
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

rewalters wrote:Ok, somebody needs to help me out, I'm not a big basketball aficionado. What's up with the transfer's?

Is this something to do with AK, or is it due to talent on the team. Like I said I don't follow OM basketball as close as other sports, just doesn't look good from my point of view.
When they started dropping like flies, I immedietly wondered the same thing. Kennedy has nailed some great recruits, just wish we'd get to use them for 3 or 4 years.