The Day After

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I absolutely understand the real situation. And having a tall quarterback HAS made a helluva difference on offense. And your excuse for the defense is that they aren't tall enough or big enough and there is some truth to that. Here is our real situation we are undersized and inexperienced on defense and it showed last night. But we are also under"sized" and inexperienced on the sidelines it showed last night. Our players did not give up last night...but our coaches basically did before we even kicked ...both freeze and wommack basically said that to ESPN. And that excuse making and public lack of confidence is troublesome and really *beep* me off last night.
Last edited by Rebchuck18 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The only thing I would add ( for Chuck's benifit) is that Bo got us 21 and handed Tx 7 for a net 14 points. Bo is not a 6'4 savior. He is one of 11.

Take back the 7 point gift from Wallace and trade our FG for the two TDs we scored early and it's not quite the same blow out against a team that averages about 4.25 stars across their two deep.

This game matters if Hugh Freeze can't convince the recruits on campus that he needs them to change the outcome of games like this, and early playing time is a given for those who sign and come here to take care of business.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

I think we all need to acknowledge that although our team didn't play well at all last night, Texas on the other hand played about as perfect of a game offensively that I have ever seen from a team. I seriously think Texas could give LSU or Bama a run for their money and I think they win the big 12 this year.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelliousb wrote:The only thing I would add ( for Chuck's benifit) is that Bo got us 21 and handed Tx 7 for a net 14 points. Bo is not a 6'4 savior. He is one of 11.

Take back the 7 point gift from Wallace and trade our FG for the two TDs we scored early and it's not quite the same blow out against a team that averages about 4.25 stars across their two deep.
No way to lay this on the offense. Bo and the offense got us 31. The offense is fine. They were outsized and out manned by a defense with two NFL ends and still put 31 on the board on an off night. It is the defense that was totally unprepared.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:I think we all need to acknowledge that although our team didn't play well at all last night, Texas on the other hand played about as perfect of a game offensively that I have ever seen from a team. I seriously think Texas could give LSU or Bama a run for their money and I think they win the big 12 this year.
They will win the big 12 because it will be a subpar year for Oklahoma but they wouldn't score 20 against bama or lsu because both of those teams would get to Ash.
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

Rebchuck18 wrote:Our players did not give up last night...but our coaches basically did before we even kicked ...both freezed wommack basically said that to ESPN. And that excuse making and public lack of confidence us troublesome and really *beep* me off last night. It manifested itself last night.
I believe that you lost something in the translation last night. You go back & listen to the interviews & you will hear our coaches refer to the differences between the two teams & how that makes things difficult.

I also believe that CHF can quote you chapter & verse of David v. Goliath.

For this reason I can without a doubt cry BS to all of your diatribes about coaches quitting & not believing in this team & players.
I am on the golf course if the Rebels aren't on the field.
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

Rebchuck18 wrote:
rebelliousb wrote:The only thing I would add ( for Chuck's benifit) is that Bo got us 21 and handed Tx 7 for a net 14 points. Bo is not a 6'4 savior. He is one of 11.

No way to lay this on the offense. Bo and the offense got us 31. The offense is fine. They were outsized and out manned by a defense with two NFL ends and still put 31 on the board on an off night. It is the defense that was totally unprepared.
Bo & the O, only got us 21, plus a 7pt giveaway.

Brunetti & Moncrief got us in position for another 3.

& last I checked many consider the Special Teams part of the D & they gave us 7.

You speak of facts & these they are.

Quit saying Bo got us 31. Beyond any shadow of a doubt & with all facts in place he DID NOT.
deltarebel26
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I think looking for someone that quit or someone didn't prepare during the week or someone is an awful coach is just a poor excuse for us fans not to be satisfied. We are not a very good team right now. Our players are playing out of their league. Why can't that be accepted by fans? It is what it is. Coaches believe in our players. Our players believe in themselves and the game plan that's been prepared for them. We got our doors blown off by a better team that wore us down by halftime. That's really all it is. Like it or not. Move on to someone closer to our current level. Tulane
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:

Jesus, Chuck. If our offense was outsized and outmanned by a defense that has NFL franchise players on it, what about our defense? Was that an even match up, personnel wise? Hugh calls the offense and got results. In January 2012, Saban did not apply for our DC job. We have what we have and time will take care of that.

You act as though you believe a good strategist could have soundly defeated our military might in Iraq. (can't compare Afghanistan because we didn't shock and awe that country).

TX used their first two games to experiment and this game to put it all together. Their next game will likely be their season, so they didn't hold anything back. You can't compare this game to those two, from a results standpoint without an asterisk.
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

deltarebel26 wrote:I think looking for someone that quit or someone didn't prepare during the week or someone is an awful coach is just a poor excuse for us fans not to be satisfied. We are not a very good team right now. Our players are playing out of their league. Why can't that be accepted by fans? It is what it is. Coaches believe in our players. Our players believe in themselves and the game plan that's been prepared for them. We got our doors blown off by a better team that wore us down by halftime. That's really all it is. Like it or not. Move on to someone closer to our current level. Tulane
^^^^^^Though I would submit that Tulane is not up to our level^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If they are, then I will have to avoid the sight for fear of my computer becoming drunk from the whine of the "Cheese & Cracker" crowd.
deltarebel26
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

rickochet2 wrote:
deltarebel26 wrote:I think looking for someone that quit or someone didn't prepare during the week or someone is an awful coach is just a poor excuse for us fans not to be satisfied. We are not a very good team right now. Our players are playing out of their league. Why can't that be accepted by fans? It is what it is. Coaches believe in our players. Our players believe in themselves and the game plan that's been prepared for them. We got our doors blown off by a better team that wore us down by halftime. That's really all it is. Like it or not. Move on to someone closer to our current level. Tulane
^^^^^^Though I would submit that Tulane is not up to our level^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If they are, then I will have to avoid the sight for fear of my computer becoming drunk from the whine of the "Cheese & Cracker" crowd.
I believe we are much better than Tulane. But I bet it is closer than us to Texas bama or lsu
metalinc
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Considering where we have been the past two years....I can only be thankful we have our staff now because last years staff would have cost 80 points without us scoring...you can't coach size..you can coach heart and fundamentals but you either have size or you do not and or now we do not and on defense we can't scheme to cover that fact.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

metalinc wrote:Considering where we have been the past two years....I can only be thankful we have our staff now because last years staff would have cost 80 points without us scoring...you can't coach size..you can coach heart and fundamentals but you either have size or you do not and or now we do not and on defense we can't scheme to cover that fact.
Don't leave out the part where 8-10 more of our guys would be academically ineligible.
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

Also the fact that we're playing with only 70ish scholarship athletes
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

bigtreydaddy wrote:Also the fact that we're playing with only 70ish scholarship athletes
72 according to broadcast last night.