A&M Game Thread

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

Truly heartbreaking... And it was during my wedding... Was píssed at first but then I realize 1... This is my wedding 2... WE ARE OLE MISS
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

This morning I was sitting here thinking.....what is the record for consecutive sec losses for a team? I mean we haven't won an sec game in two years and I see nothing to prove that that is going to change this year. Okay, so we are playing "hard." Playing "hard"has never guaranteed a victory. I mean think about this guys and girls: we gained 6 turnovers and contained the a and m offense all night long and STILL managed to do everything in our power to lose the game .That takes a commitment to losing to manage to do that.
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

Curse of the black bear... Or some other unworldly powers that be. I literally don't know how much more I can stand with this school... Basketball, football, baseball... Same story every year... I've been an ole miss rebel for 26 years and I'm 26 years old and let me tell you when it comes to sports I'm *beep* miserable
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

AtlantaRebels wrote:Curse of the black bear... Or some other unworldly powers that be. I literally don't know how much more I can stand with this school... Basketball, football, baseball... Same story every year... I've been an ole miss rebel for 26 years and I'm 26 years old and let me tell you when it comes to sports I'm *beep* miserable
Your lucky to only be 26. Try 45. Was around for the blocked extra point vs. TN with the Sugar Bowl on the line & countless others.

JMO but I have no problem with any decision CHF made last night, with 1 lone exception. It is of course, the shotgun on the 4th & a millimeter. Going for it I didn't really mind b/c I am a guy who would rather have the ball than trying to play defense.

I did for a minute have a flashback thought to CEO's last game & fear of deja-vu only to have deja-vu.

IMO, we found out last night that our win-less streak will end this yr & that we are getting better.

Our D could have quit last night. The DLine was out manned all night & the D kept trying different things to attempt to get pressure. Some worked others bit us. I am sure that many thought last night was going to get ugly less than a minute into the game. It didn't!!!!!!

Chuck whether you want to admit it or not, the BW comparisons to Sneed are spot on. This young man may be our best option, but he must learn to quit staring down receivers & to quit shooting us in the foot. As far as Brunetti getting some snaps, Cut always played his backup on the 2nd series of every game. Brunetti is 1 hit away from being the starter or more likely 1 more ill timed Int. You better let him get a few snaps in so he will be ready to take all of the snaps taht may be coming his way.

I don't give a hoot if BW throws for a 1000 yds a game, but continues to throw pick 6's & Ints on 4th qtr drives, he needs to be on the bench if he can't make the correct decisions under pressure. I will remind you & him, THIS IS THE SEC & IT DOESN'T GET ANY EASIER!!
I am on the golf course if the Rebels aren't on the field.
wpdrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

MageeRebel425 wrote:Can go one of two ways... Freeze owns the loss and is broken hearted about it. His team has bought into him and believes in him, rallying around to win the next one for the gipper... Two, they play like a Houston Nutt team following the loss and lay down whenever the first thing goes wrong next week. We will see. Somebody post Freeze's post game comments when you get the chance.

Just read on olemisssports.com and CHF is not taking the blame. He says he still would have gone for it but would have called a different play. Given the situation I dont mind going for it but ABSOLUTELY not out of the d*** shotgun. That was ogreish to say the least.
For evil to succeed, let good men do nothing.
bbolden
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Just give CHF some time... He's building something special
trust me
metalinc
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

AtlantaRebels wrote:Curse of the black bear... Or some other unworldly powers that be. I literally don't know how much more I can stand with this school... Basketball, football, baseball... Same story every year... I've been an ole miss rebel for 26 years and I'm 26 years old and let me tell you when it comes to sports I'm *beep* miserable

Try being one for 42 years seeing 11 different head coaches(4 that were actual winners Tubs,Brewer,Cutcliffe and Nutt, two were fired,one cheated,the other jumped ship)guide us 238-229-4 and only 15 bowls and yet all you hear about is people grasping to the 20 years before 1970...in 60 years we have been good a third of that time mediocre the rest....especially when compared to let's say Arkansas in that same 42 year period 311-179-9 27 bowls even with 10 different coaching changes... Mediocrity is contagious and and we have had the bug for a long time.

I love my school but to hell with being average. I am willing to go along with the Freeze experiment because he doesn't see Ole Miss as a stepping stone....this year I didn't expect a lot but next year games like this better turn to wins....
jeff967
Scout Team
Scout Team

wpdrebel wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:Can go one of two ways... Freeze owns the loss and is broken hearted about it. His team has bought into him and believes in him, rallying around to win the next one for the gipper... Two, they play like a Houston Nutt team following the loss and lay down whenever the first thing goes wrong next week. We will see. Somebody post Freeze's post game comments when you get the chance.

Just read on olemisssports.com and CHF is not taking the blame. He says he still would have gone for it but would have called a different play. Given the situation I dont mind going for it but ABSOLUTELY not out of the d*** shotgun. That was ogreish to say the least.
“We haven’t won an SEC game in however long it’s been, but I was just going for it. Period,” Freeze said. “Everybody can sit back and second guess, but I was giving our kids what I thought was the best chance to win the game. Obviously, I wish I would have called something different now, but we would go for it again.”

did you read this?
one of Flop's sons
jeff967
Scout Team
Scout Team

bbolden wrote:Just give CHF some time... He's building something special
trust me
yes he is!!!!!!
one of Flop's sons
metalinc
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

jeff967 wrote:
wpdrebel wrote:

“We haven’t won an SEC game in however long it’s been, but I was just going for it. Period,” Freeze said. “Everybody can sit back and second guess, but I was giving our kids what I thought was the best chance to win the game. Obviously, I wish I would have called something different now, but we would go for it again.”

did you read this?

I did I was shocked...but in his own way he is trying to build swagger I suppose. I just ope he doesn't lose the confidence already built to date.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I do like what our coach is doing. He really seems to be the right fit. I'm crazy about our players. They play with all they have and yesterday deserved more. Say what ya want about we coulda done this different or that different in the second half of the 4th quarter. There was a play, or a better term, a call that was a definitive game changer. These same refs would have called that a touchdown if it were going the other way. No doubt he was in the end zone. It changed the mind set of our entire team. It changed the game. I saw some of the same thing the week before against bama. Calls by refs do change the game. It will take a long time for me not to believe the refs we have today have the same reliability as a Don King promoted boxing match.
P-nut
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

When I left the game I was so *beep* off, why can't we have some kind of power set? We had so many chances to put those guys away and didn't. With a good power formation employed we may could have put a couple of more td's on the board. I'm still a supporter of coach Freeze, we are certainly better than we have been the last two years.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jeff967 wrote:
wpdrebel wrote:

did you read this?

We would go for it again? That's scary! How about.. okay defense you've played a helluva game and really turned a corner ...I trust you to keep them from a long td drive. If he did that and we lost ...fine...they beat our kids. This didn't even give our kids a chance. Hey but at least he admitted the play call was bad. He got halfway to accepting responsibility. Baby steps I guess.
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

We would go for it again? That's scary! How about.. okay defense you've played a helluva game and really turned a corner ...I trust you to keep them from a long td drive. If he did that and we lost ...fine...they beat our kids. This didn't even give our kids a chance. Hey but at least he admitted the play call was bad. He got halfway to accepting responsibility. Baby steps I guess.
I am sure you would have found someway to spin it so you can complain about the coach. Even though we both agree Freeze should take most of the fault. I however am focusing more on the inability to put the game out of reach when the opponent gives you 6 turnovers. Game should've been an easy win no matter how good of scrambler their QB was. I see more than one play that lost the game and that is why I put it on Freeze.
There are around a total of 150 plays a game and almost half of those plays you could say lost us the game if you see the missed block, 3 jumping offsides, the personal foul penalty, shot the gap instead of engaging the lineman and fighting across him, etc....

A game is not lost by one call. I hope Freeze goes back and see what he could do to not impact the game negatively
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

Now that the dust has settled and Freeze said he would have called a different play, I hereby retract all negativity stated. As far as I am concerned, he owned up to it.
We Are Ole Miss