On to Auburn

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

Yeah it still sucks this morning but it happened and its in the past now. I, for one still believe there is a future THIS year. We are actually exactly where I thought we would be as far as record but what's different is I have more hope for the second half of the season than I thought I would. Regardless of what problems we may have we are WORLDS ahead of last year. Up next, Auburn. Go Rebs! That is all.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Yeah HN and Boone took this program down to the gutter so, yeah considering where we were, we are doing better than I expected. HF needs to now turn up the recruiting and get some talent on board
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

That may all be true. But neither Boone nor Nutt were involved last night. Freeze may wind up being responsible for great wins and great seasons. And he may coach us to a win this week .but make no mistake we did not lose last night because of nutt, Boone, orgeron or the state of our program. We lost last night because of the coaching of Hugh Freeze. And maybe because I was starting to buy into the thus far unsubstantiated hype about Freeze..it was as devastating a loss as I have experienced in years.
jeff967
Scout Team
Scout Team

We lost last night because of Bo "turn the ball over deer in the headlights" Wallace
one of Flop's sons
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jeff967 wrote:We lost last night because of Bo "turn the ball over deer in the headlights" Wallace
Bo "turn the ball over" led us to a 10 point late game lead...his coach calls a four yard deep handoff on 4th and inches in his own territory instead of punting deep and taking a victory that Bo and the rest of the team had worked hard to achieve. It was certainly the bonehead coaching move of the year if not longer. I haven't seen post game comments, but if Freeze hasn't come out and just flatly said "I lost this game" he most certainly should have. Freeze sees these qbs all week and even though Bo has been injured freeze obviously didn't want brunetti in there in any passing situation. You can blame the Guy that threw for 300 yards and led us on our scoring drives if you want.
.but if you don't see that coaching decisions lost that game your eyes must have been closed.
rocknraider06
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Bo didn't lose that game for us. And I thought Freeze did fine with the exception of that one call. I don't blame him for going for it because I felt more comfortable with the ball in the offense's hand than the defense, but all we needed was a simple QB sneak.
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

Rebchuck18 wrote:
jeff967 wrote:We lost last night because of Bo "turn the ball over deer in the headlights" Wallace
Bo "turn the ball over" led us to a 10 point late game lead...his coach calls a four yard deep handoff on 4th and inches in his own territory instead of punting deep and taking a victory that Bo and the rest of the team had worked hard to achieve. It was certainly the bonehead coaching move of the year if not longer. I haven't seen post game comments, but if Freeze hasn't come out and just flatly said "I lost this game" he most certainly should have. Freeze sees these qbs all week and even though Bo has been injured freeze obviously didn't want brunetti in there in any passing situation. You can blame the Guy that threw for 300 yards and led us on our scoring drives if you want.
.but if you don't see that coaching decisions lost that game your eyes must have been closed.
I guess you would love to have this line for a QB 31-43 for 307 yds & 1 TD. Looks great on the surface doesn't it. It's the line for Romo from Mon night. What's missing? 5 Ints & 2 Fum!!!!!!!

If you think b/c he threw for 300 yds he did all he could you are dillussional. It is the complete story line that matters, not just the numbers you pick that look good.

With the exception of the 4th & inch our coach helped put Bo in line for a win & you need to quit forgetting that.

2ndly, even after CHF made the mistake on the 4th down he had still put us back in position with less than a minute until Bo locked in on the wrong receiver. Bo threw that ball, Not CHF!!!!!!!

That is all.
I am on the golf course if the Rebels aren't on the field.
jeff967
Scout Team
Scout Team

my eyes were so closed, that I did not see our D put 6 turnovers into his tall QB hands.
one of Flop's sons
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

The purpose of this thread was to move on to the rest of the season. Put all the other crap on the other threads where they have already been rehashed over and over
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Based on y'all attacking RebChuck, either you think Coach Freeze is an idiot or does not have Ole Miss' best interest at heart. Either he's an idiot because he can not judge QB talent and plays an inferior Wallace over Brunetti or he play's Wallace over Brunetti because that it the way it is, Ole Miss be damned.

Or just maybe he's smart enough to realize that Wallace gives us the best chance to win week in week out. Wallace isn't the best QB in the SEC, hell he may not even be the best in the state of MS, but he is the best we have at the moment. I believe this to be true and so does CHF and RebChuck.
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

RebnPhilly wrote:Based on y'all attacking RebChuck, either you think Coach Freeze is an idiot or does not have Ole Miss' best interest at heart. Either he's an idiot because he can not judge QB talent and plays an inferior Wallace over Brunetti or he play's Wallace over Brunetti because that it the way it is, Ole Miss be damned.

Or just maybe he's smart enough to realize that Wallace gives us the best chance to win week in week out. Wallace isn't the best QB in the SEC, hell he may not even be the best in the state of MS, but he is the best we have at the moment. I believe this to be true and so does CHF and RebChuck.
I believe the problem most of have with Chuck is not that Bo is our best option, I personally believe he is, but that Chuck is willing to give Bo a pass on ALL he does wrong. CHF does not get such luxury. Chuck don't give me the bs about CHF making millions b/c last I checked Bo is getting paid also, only in a way that gives him an opportunity to earn millions in the future.

My personal problem with Chuck is not his loyalty or belief in Bo, only his predisposition to blame the coach for all that goes wrong, whether warranted or not.

As for those who questions Chuck's loyalty, well that is just plain bs as well. We may not agree on things, but I don't question Chuck's heart.
I am on the golf course if the Rebels aren't on the field.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I do wonder what Chuck thinks of A&M's 6' 1/2" QB.

And I also want to point out that while I agree Bo is probably our best option at QB for the time being, he has 7 INT and 4 fumbles and I don't think that is counting the fumble recovered for a TD in the first game by Mosely. He has also lost a lot of yardage on rushes when a pass was open and sacks due to holding on to the ball with open receivers. But he really is 6'5". Dude is tall.
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

Having a tall QB makes our offense more adequate
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

We'll be fine this week. Heartbreak's over, on to the next victim. Freeze will bounce back and I can safely say he'll never call a shotgun play when he needs inches again. Read what he said. This week we will beat the *beep* out of them in anger.
We Are Ole Miss
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rickochet2 wrote:
RebnPhilly wrote:Based on y'all attacking RebChuck, either you think Coach Freeze is an idiot or does not have Ole Miss' best interest at heart. Either he's an idiot because he can not judge QB talent and plays an inferior Wallace over Brunetti or he play's Wallace over Brunetti because that it the way it is, Ole Miss be damned.

I believe the problem most of have with Chuck is not that Bo is our best option, I personally believe he is, but that Chuck is willing to give Bo a pass on ALL he does wrong. CHF does not get such luxury. Chuck don't give me the bs about CHF making millions b/c last I checked Bo is getting paid also, only in a way that gives him an opportunity to earn millions in the future.

My personal problem with Chuck is not his loyalty or belief in Bo, only his predisposition to blame the coach for all that goes wrong, whether warranted or not.

As for those who questions Chuck's loyalty, well that is just plain bs as well. We may not agree on things, but I don't question Chuck's heart.

2nd that.. P.S. Chuck, I just saw a QB listed at 6 ft tall break a really old NFL record.. This same guy owns several other records. I also know from looking at him eye to eye, he is not 6ft tall.. Height is overrated, you get more balls batted down, but you just have to work to get proper throwing lanes.