No respect! SEC Champs are a 12 seed!

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebfan518
Water Boy
Water Boy

Regardless of our seeding, I am stoked that we are dancing.

Our seed does support my Makers Mark fueled rant the other night. We always get hated on. Always. As our football program continues to turn for the better under CHF you guys will see.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm excited too, just wish we had an easier path to the sweet 16. Wisconsin will be tough to beat, but I believe we can do it.
bkrebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

I don't understand how Missouri got the lower seed?What seed does the sec champs usually get with all those wins and a chip?I do believe we got doo doo on.But if I were Wisconsin I would be mad.
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

You guys are a little Whacko.

We go from the last 1 or 2 in to a 12 that avoids the play in game. You guys seem to honestly think we go up 20+ spots to an 8 seed or higher. You might make the argument for a 10 or 11 seed but don't be ridiculous. We lost to 2 teams outside the top 200 just 2 weeks ago.

Fact is we are in the tournament & it is ALL academic from here. If you win you get the same prize whether you are a 12 or a 1 seed.

You win 6 games no matter the seed & you are the champ.

You guys are just being ridiculous.
I am on the golf course if the Rebels aren't on the field.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Get this troll out of here :lol:

Seriously though, what planet are you from? ESPN had us as a play in at an 11 seed before the last2 wins. Where did your +20 comment come from?
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

proud2breb wrote:Get this troll out of here :lol:

Seriously though, what planet are you from? ESPN had us as a play in at an 11 seed before the last2 wins. Where did your +20 comment come from?
Look here you lil *beep* @ss troll I was here long before you ever got here. 2ndly I actually finished my degree at Ole Miss so I can do math.

If you are a play-in 12 seed then in order to get higher than an 8 seed you have to jump 20+ teams. Try to keep up here & I will demonstrate for you.
12 seeds 4
11 seeds 4
10 seeds 4
9 seeds 4
8 seeds 4
= 20

You wanted us higher than an 8 seed which is at the minimum 20.

Now put your shoes & socks back on from the counting b/c you feet stink.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Well, since I got my Engineering degree from Ole Miss with a minor in Mathematics let me explain it to you!

We were a projected 11 seed, so we went -4 to a 12 seed after winning two games.

11-8 = 3

3x4 = 12. Still with me?

Again, where does your moving 20+ spots come from? Based on your last post looks like bad math. Sure you didn't do graduate work at Moo-S-U?

I'm typing slowly so you can get it.
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

proud2breb wrote: I honestly expected we would be an 8 or 9 seed if we had lost today! I was traveling today, and listened to the game on Ole Miss radio. They clearly expected we would get a 5 or 6 seed after the win. They got it wrong too!
Now we didn't lose so it would be easy to deduce by your above comment that with a win you would think we would be higher. FOLLOW??

Now you may say I'm crazy, you practically have, but I will take a 12 & sitting at home in RD 1 as opposed to being required to win 7 games in this Tournament to get to the same goal that winning 6 will get us.

I personally have no problem with our road Unis & will be quite happy to see them on display Friday evening in KC instead of sometime this wk in Oxford.

Honestly some of you would complain about free $$ because it was dirty or out of order. They would have had it all freshly printed for us if we were anybody but little Ole Miss.

We MATHEMATICALLY have the same opportunity as 59 other teams in this tournament & a better chance than 8 of them.

Quit complaining & crying about seeding & enjoy the day. This time last week we were not even in the conversation, much less the Dance.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

doesn't a 12 seed beat a 5 seed every year?
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:doesn't a 12 seed beat a 5 seed every year?
winner^ :)
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Our entry AND seed was decided upon Saturday night.........Sunday had no consequence.....but it sure feels good!!
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bleuwolfe wrote:
bbqit wrote:doesn't a 12 seed beat a 5 seed every year?
winner^ :)
I read an article in Maxim magazine of all places about 11 years ago about NCAA tourney betting. It basically said, bet $100 on each 12 seed. The odds are very high, all things considered for 12's to knock 5's. And even if just one wins, you still make money b/c of the odds.

Since I read that article there has been one year, that I can remember, where no 12's won.
Some Random Dude
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Here's a tournament fact: 8 and 9 seeds are maybe the most difficult seeds to get. First, there is very little difference in talent and ability between 8 and 9 seeds. They are very difficult games to predict and win. Secondly, the winner of that game gets to play the #1 seed in the region. That's almost always the kiss of death for one and done. And, yes, it's true that the 5-12 pairing has a provable record of upsets. We certainly have a shot at Wisconsin. Florida manhandled them.

I wouldn't want Mizzou's seed. 10, 11 and 12 seeds are in many ways better than 8 and 9 seeds. We'll see how it turns out, but the committee takes everything into consideration. If we had beaten South Carolina and State (our only bad losses), we might have gotten as high as a 3 seed by winning the SEC tourney title along with sharing the regular season title with Florida. So let's enjoy the Big Dance, play well and see how far we can get.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

wildthang80 wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote:Our team loves a challenge...SEC smacked us - we took their trophy. now Ncaa disses us :) cant wait to see our Rebelballoffire toast em. Hope JS is back, he still looked shaky today.
Jarvis is a good player, but we looked pretty good without him.
Agree, Summers needs to get over his self and play team ball. I think he's lost his starting job next year, and wouldn't bother me if he transfered.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I don't know why we waited so long to sets that were not jacked up 3s, but I am def glad they pulled it out of the bag... We have excellent bigs, take it to the rack and let them do work...