Egg Bowl Thread

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Even with depth, his crappy play calls will cost us games!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:
JustBlues wrote:there's a lot that cost the game. Stupid penalties. Turnovers. Bad play calling. Dropped balls. Bad passes. Poor tackling. Poor blocking. The list is longer but those three are big enough. There is plenty of blame to go around. We let a much worse team stick around and beat us. This is Jacksonville State all over again. However, I disagree with those who seem to imply that there is no redemption. We still have a very young team and a very inexperienced head coach.
Agreed on all counts. But will the coach get better? He is the one who gets paid millions. And I think that is a legitimate question because I think his coaching was worse at the end of the season than the beginning. The exact inverse of last year. That is discouraging and gives great pause. Not bashing, just wondering out loud. I'm not sure.
We have to hope he will learn. He has had a very accelerated learning curve to get to where he is but recent performances indicated he may have plateaued. We will have to hope it is just a temporary thing and he will take the time to look back and see what his weaknesses are and improve.
Here's my concern in that respect. I can't tell you why, but I have for awhile had the impression that he doesn't think he does anything wrong, it seems to me it is always someone else in his mind and that he is always making the right moves but his players just don't execute them. I hope that is a bad read on my part.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:Even with depth, his crappy play calls will cost us games!

but with experience his playcalling might improve. There certainly wouldn't be any advantage to getting rid of him at this point.
Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

CHF is a terrible play caller and mediocre Coach at best...

As long as he is strolling the sidelines...Ole Miss isn't going anywhere.

He's a Sun Belt coach and nothing more.

It KILLS me to say that but somebody please tell me I'm wrong.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebel4life22 wrote:CHF is a terrible play caller and mediocre Coach at best...

As long as he is strolling the sidelines...Ole Miss isn't going anywhere.

He's a Sun Belt coach and nothing more.

It KILLS me to say that but somebody please tell me I'm wrong.
You're wrong! I was thinking division 5A High School

rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote: Here's my concern in that respect. I can't tell you why, but I have for awhile had the impression that he doesn't think he does anything wrong, it seems to me it is always someone else in his mind and that he is always making the right moves but his players just don't execute them. I hope that is a bad read on my part.
Interesting....I have always read him as confident in his approach....you make the right read and the play call(s) will work. It's all about execution.....

From what I know of his play calling, or coaches that play a similar style, Freeze demands a lot from his QB, he has a lot on his shoulders, truly a coach on the field.....for better or worse, we go as the QB goes....

Don't get me wrong, I like Bo, think he is great guy and think he is VERY servicable, buuuut I do think he might be tad bit overwhelmed at times.....we all can agree we go as the QB goes...

PS....only talking Offense here, for the most part I think Wommack has done an outstanding job!
Randy
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'll take I cowardly winner over a confident looser any day if the week!

Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rewalters wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:
JustBlues wrote:there's a lot that cost the game. Stupid penalties. Turnovers. Bad play calling. Dropped balls. Bad passes. Poor tackling. Poor blocking. The list is longer but those three are big enough. There is plenty of blame to go around. We let a much worse team stick around and beat us. This is Jacksonville State all over again. However, I disagree with those who seem to imply that there is no redemption. We still have a very young team and a very inexperienced head coach.
Agreed on all counts. But will the coach get better? He is the one who gets paid millions. And I think that is a legitimate question because I think his coaching was worse at the end of the season than the beginning. The exact inverse of last year. That is discouraging and gives great pause. Not bashing, just wondering out loud. I'm not sure.
Think so Chuck, not 100% positive, but I believe he will.....I want to give him a couple more years to get the depth he needs, with the players he wants, that fits his scheme......now after that the clock starts.....

This year I saw improvement with no consistency, next year I expect a little more consistency, which will be the next step......achieve that and now you are on the path to building a program....

Look guys it's an age old saying......but Rome wasn't built in a day....there will be setbacks, how you respond will define your worth....
The reason I have this feeling is I have never once heard him say "I could have done a better job of coaching", but I have often heard him blame players or lack of players when things go astray. And I am sure he is confident, but many of the plays I question were not reads by QBs. A WR pass is not a Qb read. Running it into the line instead of attacking in the 4th qtr tonight was not reads by a QB. And consistent failure to get plays called in the redzone in crucial points of games when the QB is begging you to get them in is not a read by a QB. So I don't know how confident I am that he will improve in that regard.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
The reason I have this feeling is I have never once heard him say "I could have done a better job of coaching", but I have often heard him blame players or lack of players when things go astray. And I am sure he is confident, but many of the plays I question were not reads by QBs. A WR pass is not a Qb read. Running it into the line instead of attacking in the 4th qtr tonight was not reads by a QB. And consistent failure to get plays called in the redzone in crucial points of games when the QB is begging you to get them in is not a read by a QB. So I don't know how confident I am that he will improve in that regard.
Know exactly where you are coming from and completely understand your concern.....my only response is "arrogance can define you success or your downfall".

Only time will tell.....
Randy
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rewalters wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:
Know exactly where you are coming from and completely understand your concern.....my only response is "arrogance can define you success or your downfall".

Only time will tell.....
This is true.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebchuck18 wrote:
I have heard Freeze take blame for play calls before. Even heard take blame for a pick Bo threw this year. I'll be interested to hear the post game for this one.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'll tell you this I would still rather lose with Freeze than win with Mullen. He is like bacteria on a maggot's ass (if maggots have asses). What a weasel.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:I'll tell you this I would still rather lose with Freeze than win with Mullen. He is like bacteria on a maggot's ass (if maggots have asses). What a weasel.

BINGO....we are in total agreement.....time to move on.....who's next!
Randy
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebchuck18 wrote:I'll tell you this I would still rather lose with Freeze than win with Mullen. He is like bacteria on a maggot's ass (if maggots have asses). What a weasel.
!!!!!
Rebel 74
Water Boy
Water Boy

I understand the frustration, I too was thoroughly disgusted with the last two games, especially offense, but it is way too soon to jump on the "Fire Freeze" bandwagon. I still think he has a plan, and we REALLY need more depth, which is going to take more time. I'm ready for the bowl game.