Bullpen Club Plug

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

oxfordrebel
All American
All American

I wanted to warn you up front that this is an ad, but I only say it because I believe the organization does a wonderful job.

I want to encourage EVERYONE to join the Rebel Bullpen Club. There's a link at the bottom. According to their website, in 2006 there were 1335 members, a record at that time. In 207 there were 1427 members, a new record. So far in 2008 there are 430 members. There's a long way to go to break a new record.

For the student division last year there were 309 members. So far in 2008 there are 19. The students sitting beyond the right field wall made a HUGE impact last season. We heard ya up in the grandstands and we could tell the difference you made on the opposing right and center fielders. Caused a couple of errors and you could tell the students were getting thin the right and center fielders' minds. Keep it up! Join the Swayze Crazies!

So the real question: How much does it cost, right? Regular membership is just $20 a year. The Diamond Division is $150/year and Corporate Sponsorship is $500/year. I think the student membership is $20 too, but I'm not positive. I think there's a student member on here that could clarify?

Anyway, just about everyone can swing $20/year and it's a great cause. Baseball doesn't receive the athletic department money that football and basketball does. Bullpen Club dues do a lot for the program. For instance, in 2005 the dues moved the outfield fence and foul poles in. Every year it pays for infield dirt maintenance. They built the playground (that's not there due to renovation, but should surely be back), built a shed, put in upgrades to the press boxes, made repairs to the locker rooms, and so many other things. I'm pretty sure there was a commitment from the Bullpen Club for funds to go toward the new coaches' office building completed last season and the stadium renovations this season. Mike Bianco decides where and when the money is spent and all dues go FOR the program. A link to the website is below.

I don't say this because of any reason other than I think it's a great organization and I'd like to see it grow more to provide and show support for the program.

Ole Miss Rebel Bullpen Club
GO REBELS!!!
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Thanks for the info, signed up today.
Randy
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

I gotcha, I'll sign up tomorrow!
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson