Florida Game

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

mmoore313
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

in an effort to put the vandy game behind us, i will look towards the future. just wondering if anyone is making the trip this time, or has ever been in that case. a couple of my friends and i are going and just wondering for some good places to eat, hang out, tailgate, etc.
Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton... Old times they are not forgotten.
hottytoddyrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

yea, i'm going down with a few guys. Leaving oxford Thursday afternoon, staying in Atlanta Thursday night then traveling down to the swamp on Friday. Ive never been before but my buddy hooked me up with a hotel for Friday and Saturday as well as box tickets.

I'm looking forward to the experience if nothing else
don't question my knowledge
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

I'm not sure I can watch it.
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'll be in front of the tv watching what will probably be a slaughter.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
vhrebel35
Water Boy
Water Boy

i don't think it will be a slaughter. its against good teams OM famously plays close, but seldom comes up with a win
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Florida is on fire. They walked all over the pumpkin patch. And after all, they have Tebow. It won't be pretty but I would gladly eat a monster helping of crow if we pull out a win.
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We give Florida all they want. They have Tebow...we have the anti-Tebow back in the line-up. Tebow might pass for a couple hundred...but they don't get 200 on the ground. We might win this thing. d***, I spilled my beer.
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I hope you're right, but I don't feel it. Florida struggles against us every time, but this year I'm afraid they're gonna murder us. Florida is the best team in the country. Hands down. No question whatsoever in my mind. Better than UGA, better than USC and better than OU.
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

BeeDee wrote:I hope you're right, but I don't feel it. Florida struggles against us every time, but this year I'm afraid they're gonna murder us. Florida is the best team in the country. Hands down. No question whatsoever in my mind. Better than UGA, better than USC and better than OU.
Oh my gosh!! Write this down... we agree :shock:
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

BeeDee wrote:I hope you're right, but I don't feel it. Florida struggles against us every time, but this year I'm afraid they're gonna murder us. Florida is the best team in the country. Hands down. No question whatsoever in my mind. Better than UGA, better than USC and better than OU.

Maybe I need to lay off the kool-aid but I think think we have a very good shot to win this game... I also do not think Florida is the best team in the country..(They are ranked where they should be) They have a very good defense but their offense is weaker than last year. Last year they looked like a video game on offense. They have been very balanced so far this season but they arent putting up huge yardage against suspect teams. They beat hula university to death but thats not saying much. The Miami game was a 6 point game going into the 4th quarter then Florida poured it on. We saw how good UT was playing at UCLA. UT actaully outgained florida, the score was very deceptive UT couldnt score in the red zone and UT turned it over too much to have a shot but Florida didnt break 100 yards passing and didnt have 150 rushing... I surely think we can cover the line but I honestly think we can win.
Recipe for a win..
Contain Tebo and Harvin...(Hardy will help)
Protect the football...
Establish a run game...

I have faith we will do those things and when we do, we will leave florida with a 27-21 win....
ekmjr1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

MageeRebel425 wrote:

Maybe I need to lay off the kool-aid but I think think we have a very good shot to win this game... I also do not think Florida is the best team in the country..(They are ranked where they should be) They have a very good defense but their offense is weaker than last year. Last year they looked like a video game on offense. They have been very balanced so far this season but they arent putting up huge yardage against suspect teams. They beat hula university to death but thats not saying much. The Miami game was a 6 point game going into the 4th quarter then Florida poured it on. We saw how good UT was playing at UCLA. UT actaully outgained florida, the score was very deceptive UT couldnt score in the red zone and UT turned it over too much to have a shot but Florida didnt break 100 yards passing and didnt have 150 rushing... I surely think we can cover the line but I honestly think we can win.
Recipe for a win..
Protect the football...
Establish a run game...

I have faith we will do those things and when we do, we will leave florida with a 27-21 win....
While I think it's a long shot, I don't doubt that any or all of the above could happen. I remember another season not long ago when Florida was a sure loss and then the goal posts came down at VH. This is the SEC and we do have some talent on this team. Can they put it all together for one Saturday? Well, maybe, but I wouln't bet my eyesight on it or anything.
RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

MageeRebel425 wrote:

Recipe for a win..
Protect the football...
Establish a run game...

Man, Ron Zook is gone and we just turned the ball over to Vandy 6 times, really 7 ( our receiver stole one back).
We don't match up and Vandy had pressure on Snead all night, don't you think Florida is going to do the same?
This game will be over by half time.

RebelBond
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I know no 2 years are alike but in the idea of keeping my hopes up didn't we start out 2-2 the year we went to the cotton bowl?
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

bbqit wrote:I know no 2 years are alike but in the idea of keeping my hopes up didn't we start out 2-2 the year we went to the cotton bowl?
Indeed.

2003:  10-3
W/L Date PF Opponent PA Location
W 8/30/2003 24 Vanderbilt (TN) 21 Nashville, TN
L 9/6/2003 34 Memphis (TN) 44 Memphis, TN
W 9/13/2003 59 Louisiana-Monroe 14 Oxford, MS
L 9/27/2003 45 Texas Tech 49 Oxford, MS
W 10/4/2003 20 Florida 17 Gainesville, FL
W 10/11/2003 55 Arkansas St. 0 Oxford, MS
W 10/18/2003 43 Alabama 28 Oxford, MS
W 10/25/2003 19 Arkansas 7 Oxford, MS
W 11/1/2003 43 South Carolina 40 Oxford, MS
W 11/8/2003 24 Auburn (AL) 20 Auburn, AL
L 11/22/2003 14 Louisiana St. 17 Oxford, MS
W 11/27/2003 31 Mississippi St. 0 Starkville, MS
W 1/2/2004 31 Oklahoma St. 28 Dallas, TX Cotton Bowl
442 Season Totals 285
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I wish I could be so positive. But Florida is going to kick our cans. They have Tebow. We all know how the media (specifically ESPN) loves to kiss his fanny. If we could pull a Nancy Kerrigan on him, we might stand a chance. We have waaaaaay too many turnovers, they do not. And while UT may have "outgained" Florida, UT still lost to UCLA. And Florida wailed on them. I just don't think we'll be anywhere in the neighborhood of catching up to Florida. If nothing else, we'll probably give them several gifts in the form of turnovers. We seem to be very generous these days. :roll: