well... this hurts

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

DrPepper4Me
Water Boy
Water Boy

I was trying to make a point to see some games this year. Last year I missed every single one.

We made the drive to Wake Forest and that loss was pretty disappointing. Not necessarily maddening, but disappointing.

This weekend we drove 12 hours down to Oxford. This one was absolutely maddening. We looked like absolute crap. Can we move to Conference USA? The crowd was pathetic.. the football was pathetic.. and this 12 hour trip back on the road isn't pleasant. :evil:
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

I know how that feels.
------------------

You drove 12 hours...for that?

Dude...that sucks.

I think you need to send Pete Boone a bill for you fuel expense and demand reimbursement.
DrPepper4Me
Water Boy
Water Boy

Sasquatch wrote:You drove 12 hours...for that?
yup. was the only home game I knew I could make it to for sure. Might make it back to the Auburn game.. but they're going to have to show some improvement before I make this trip again! We headed back early this morning.. somewhere close to Atlanta now.. another 6-7 hours driving left. Luckily I'm just riding and I have my laptop. :)

Was good to see some friends though, and the Grove was great as always. It's just such a dang buzz kill when they don't come out with a W.
guitarguy
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

WE STILLL SUCKKKKKK
RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

DrPepper4Me wrote:I was trying to make a point to see some games this year. Last year I missed every single one.

We made the drive to Wake Forest and that loss was pretty disappointing. Not necessarily maddening, but disappointing.

This weekend we drove 12 hours down to Oxford. This one was absolutely maddening. We looked like absolute crap. Can we move to Conference USA? The crowd was pathetic.. the football was pathetic.. and this 12 hour trip back on the road isn't pleasant. :evil:
I think your wrong about the crowd. It was pretty loud and everyone stayed till the end.

RebelBond
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson
Goroth

RebelBond wrote:
DrPepper4Me wrote:I was trying to make a point to see some games this year. Last year I missed every single one.

I think your wrong about the crowd. It was pretty loud and everyone stayed till the end.

RebelBond
or at least till the fumble. A lot of people almost missed something really nice at the end. Crowd wasn't bad though for all people that dont normally show for rain games. Not that it really rained much. Just looked scary sometimes.
DrPepper4Me
Water Boy
Water Boy

RebelBond wrote:

RebelBond
I wasnt complaining about the participation of those who were present... just complaining about the number present. 50k for an SEC game disappoints me...
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

Please remember the state of Mississippi has more deer population than it does people living in it, and what we call our big three university's in the state are somewhere around an average of 12-18k students. We are a small state with small "big-time" universities. So 50k on a gameday that was predicted for a 50% chance of showers, with a gas shortage(In Nashville you can't buy gas even today and they say it will be Friday before all the gas stations are back resupplied), the worst financial crisis since the depression, and people dealing with tighter budgets due to commodity increases.

I would say we had a pretty good crowd considering a rainy day, all that and we were playing Vandy! Who their fans do not travel, and in the past are the door mat of the SEC. Also the turncoat fans/alumni don't come to games after three really bad losing seasons to provide that packed out capacity.

Ya'll all need to remember that we are not TN with 30-35k students and 8 million people in the state or Texas A&M with 55k students with I don't know how many people in the state of Texas! Come on! Wake up!
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

Also there was a reason why our stadium was only 52k(40k before that) before Eli and bowling in the endzone expansion!

We do have a large per capita participation to our schools in the state!

The other problem is that we alway leave around 5k-10k fans in the grove every game!
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

Also one more point Middle Tennessee State has 35k students that attend that school. I know the point is that for an SEC game there should be more, but TN, GA, SC, KY, LA, FL, & AR all have 1 SEC school. MS and AL has 2 now Bama is somewhat bigger than MS, but there is a reason why we only draw so many people.

If we only had one SEC we could have a 80k seat stadium full every saturday, but we don't so us getting 55-60k and MSU getting 50k is the equivilant of TN getting 108K for every game.