Florida Game

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

RebelConvert wrote:
rebelliousb wrote:
RebelConvert wrote:I wish I could be so positive. But Florida is going to kick our cans. They have Tebow. We all know how the media (specifically ESPN) loves to kiss his fanny. If we could pull a Nancy Kerrigan on him, we might stand a chance. We have waaaaaay too many turnovers, they do not. And while UT may have "outgained" Florida, UT still lost to UCLA. And Florida wailed on them. I just don't think we'll be anywhere in the neighborhood of catching up to Florida. If nothing else, we'll probably give them several gifts in the form of turnovers. We seem to be very generous these days. :roll:
As of right now, neither of us have any turnovers...or points. It's a brand new day. We could get creamed...but we could pull this thing out if we hit on all cylinders on both sides of the ball. We could have won the two we lost, and let's face it...Tebow will face Hardy once (no more than twice) this year...and he might have some scary stories to tell his kids about this game. I'm not predicting that, but I'm gonna have to see a couple of those turnovers or busted plays on defense before I lose all hope.
You are one of those really optimistic types aren't you? :wink: I guess I just don't see it like that. History has a tendency to repeat itself. My thoughts are like this: NO TURNOVERS! NO PENALTIES! Please, enough with the Wild Rebel. Score first. And, lastly, hurt Tebow, and do it early. Then maybe we'll stand a chance.
Nah...I don't believe any of that. I just like to be on the other side of the fence. really.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

RebelConvert wrote:
rebelliousb wrote:
RebelConvert wrote:I wish I could be so positive. But Florida is going to kick our cans. They have Tebow. We all know how the media (specifically ESPN) loves to kiss his fanny. If we could pull a Nancy Kerrigan on him, we might stand a chance. We have waaaaaay too many turnovers, they do not. And while UT may have "outgained" Florida, UT still lost to UCLA. And Florida wailed on them. I just don't think we'll be anywhere in the neighborhood of catching up to Florida. If nothing else, we'll probably give them several gifts in the form of turnovers. We seem to be very generous these days. :roll:
As of right now, neither of us have any turnovers...or points. It's a brand new day. We could get creamed...but we could pull this thing out if we hit on all cylinders on both sides of the ball. We could have won the two we lost, and let's face it...Tebow will face Hardy once (no more than twice) this year...and he might have some scary stories to tell his kids about this game. I'm not predicting that, but I'm gonna have to see a couple of those turnovers or busted plays on defense before I lose all hope.
You are one of those really optimistic types aren't you? :wink: I guess I just don't see it like that. History has a tendency to repeat itself. My thoughts are like this: NO TURNOVERS! NO PENALTIES! Please, enough with the Wild Rebel. Score first. And, lastly, hurt Tebow, and do it early. Then maybe we'll stand a chance.
In this situation I hope history repeats itself all the way back to 03, we lost two games we should have won.. We were 2-2 heading into the swamp and we got a big win as underdogs...
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Something else similar in the Vandy and Wake games. Ole Miss could have delivered a KO punch early in both of those games where it would have been hard for the teams to recover.

We went up 14 to 7 at Wake and held them to a 3 and out and got the ball back with descent field position. That's almost like a turnover. We could have easily stacked on a 21-7 lead but Snead threw an int. I don't think they would have recovered from a 21-7 deficit.

We went up 10-0 and recovered a second fumble against Vandy and on the next play, Snead throws an int. that is returned for TD. The way the defense was playing I KNOW Vandy wouldn't have recovered if OM puts poinst on the board on that drive.

In moments like these, good teams make the opposition pay for their mistakes, not make any of their own. The team needs to learn how to "make em pay". Im not saying OM will be in that kind of position Saturday, but they'll have to play mistake free to have a chance.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
done

badmotorfinger wrote:Something else similar in the Vandy and Wake games. Ole Miss could have delivered a KO punch early in both of those games where it would have been hard for the teams to recover.

We went up 14 to 7 at Wake and held them to a 3 and out and got the ball back with descent field position. That's almost like a turnover. We could have easily stacked on a 21-7 lead but Snead threw an int. I don't think they would have recovered from a 21-7 deficit.

We went up 10-0 and recovered a second fumble against Vandy and on the next play, Snead throws an int. that is returned for TD. The way the defense was playing I KNOW Vandy wouldn't have recovered if OM puts poinst on the board on that drive.

In moments like these, good teams make the opposition pay for their mistakes, not make any of their own. The team needs to learn how to "make em pay". Im not saying OM will be in that kind of position Saturday, but they'll have to play mistake free to have a chance.
I agree..and my hope is that once Snead is a part of that and they do finally put the nail in, he will start to feel it (kind of like Eli finally did with the Giants). The last thing i want is for him to get gun shy. because he obviously has the instinct and guts to make things happen...he just needs some fine tuning.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
badmotorfinger wrote:Something else similar in the Vandy and Wake games. Ole Miss could have delivered a KO punch early in both of those games where it would have been hard for the teams to recover.

I agree..and my hope is that once Snead is a part of that and they do finally put the nail in, he will start to feel it (kind of like Eli finally did with the Giants). The last thing i want is for him to get gun shy. because he obviously has the instinct and guts to make things happen...he just needs some fine tuning.
I agree with you both. As mad as I was Saturday, I still feel Snead is good QB.
Some Random Dude
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

lewindha wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:

I think so, too, but he still needs some fine-tuning. I would love nothing more than for him to get his head in the game and kick the snot outta some gators on Saturday.
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
done

RebelConvert wrote:
lewindha wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote: I agree..and my hope is that once Snead is a part of that and they do finally put the nail in, he will start to feel it (kind of like Eli finally did with the Giants). The last thing i want is for him to get gun shy. because he obviously has the instinct and guts to make things happen...he just needs some fine tuning.
I think so, too, but he still needs some fine-tuning. I would love nothing more than for him to get his head in the game and kick the snot outta some gators on Saturday.
I have kind of made passing reference to this before, but it is kind of another Eli/Giants analogy. So far, Snead's good game has been on the road. Let's see if that becomes a trend this weekend.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Don't worry y'all. I screwed things up against Wake and Vandy. I was too busy to eat last friday so there was no voodoo dinner. With Wake I thought dessert was enough (devils food cake) but it just wasn't. Well, tonight the gator will be frying. The voodoo dinner is in place and will happen. Gators are going down.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

Hopefully Snead got his electrical and plumbing needs taken care of this week and will have his head out of the dark place.

And Mike Oher, for the love of the game, bury someone just once.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:Don't worry y'all. I screwed things up against Wake and Vandy. I was too busy to eat last friday so there was no voodoo dinner. With Wake I thought dessert was enough (devils food cake) but it just wasn't. Well, tonight the gator will be frying. The voodoo dinner is in place and will happen. Gators are going down.
Will never take credit or for that matter debit but HMMMMM? Is it working? I did eat some dang good hot tamales before the Memphis junior high game, junior high cause they gave free tickets to all middle school students at their last home game. Cornish hens next fri. They little chickens but have a big crow. Somebody help me. Voodoo dinners are fun.
mmoore313
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

upon my return from a great win in the swamp i will say these few things... i was not impressed with their campus/tailgating. girls were not what i expected. ole miss definitely wins in those two areas by far. stadium had almost twice as many people as we had for the vandy game. we did have a good bit of reb fans at the game though(a whole section in the corner, and a good bit behind the team). after the game, we took over the Swamp, which seemed to be their main bar. as for the game, very happy to get a W, but we are still sloppy at times. defense did a great job stopping the run, but i am still not convinced on our pass protection. florida doesnt throw a lot of long balls and it seemed the middle was open all day for short slants. loved seeing the guys cheering and leading the band after the game, and tebow walking with the head down to the locker room. cant wait for SC this weekend.
Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton... Old times they are not forgotten.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Alright. Now I get to talk about the game. The D-Line was absolutely great and Laurent, Jerry and Hardy dominated, with powe making a play here and there. Allen Walker misses way too many tackles. The LBs finally stepped up and played very well. I never thought I would be happy with T Fein, but he played great. The middle of the field was too open and we kept letting Harvin catch and go. When we played man, he killed us. Sanford again had a huge game, stopping just about everything. Hardy played huge. Without Hardy, we lose bc he made Tebow play scared. Kentrell Lockett, you are now a legend. Also Marcus Temple. Everyone wants credit but it was M Temple who got to Tebow first.The Offense was pretty good. Snead made the plays when he had to, but had happy feet a lot. Eason did ok and Bolden again showed why he is the best RB we have, especially in the Wild Rebel. I think Run DMC 2 bounced back well, being the man and stepping up against this fast and athletic defense. Shay Hodge - way to get open and make plays. Michael Oher absolutely took Dunlap out of the game and was crushing everyone on runs. One thing good for Fla is that Harvin can do it all and Brandon Spikes is the best LB in the SEC since, well, Patrick Willis. spikes is scary good. I am very, very happy and was going insane rubbing in Uk fans face that they were babies when the last time Uk beat Florida.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

bbqit wrote:Don't worry y'all. I screwed things up against Wake and Vandy. I was too busy to eat last friday so there was no voodoo dinner. With Wake I thought dessert was enough (devils food cake) but it just wasn't. Well, tonight the gator will be frying. The voodoo dinner is in place and will happen. Gators are going down.
I'll be going to my only game saturday in all probability. While the game is going on one of my friends will be making drunk chicken wherever we can land a good spot, probably by Tad Smith. All are welcom to come by.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
cajunrebel

Shepard Smith gives HUGE love to the Rebels for beating Florida in this segment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An6oFGQcwXY
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

cajunrebel wrote:Shepard Smith gives HUGE love to the Rebels for beating Florida in this segment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An6oFGQcwXY
He never misses a chance to show his pride. Nice.
Some Random Dude