shene proving himself in practice

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

twlong
Water Boy
Water Boy

Nutt is pleased with shene s kicking thus far. Last season he was kicking with a tweaked groin and said that contributed to some of the poor performance. this season he is healthy and has bee doing well in spring parcatice and fall camp. I have a good feeling about him this season and I think he will win a us a couple big ones.
Last edited by twlong on Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
optimism is more fun than dwelling on the past
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I hope Shene lights it up this year. I think he has the talent, he was just scared to death of O and his staff.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

BeeDee wrote:I hope Shene lights it up this year. I think he has the talent, he was just scared to death of O and his staff.
From the sound of every interview I have read since the O firing, I think that every player on the team had the same opinion. I will say it again if we can beat this injury bug and stay healthy this year I can see us winning 8+. Now with that said, I think I will have another Red Solo Cup full of that Kool Aide with the PGA kick added to it.
Later,
Hagar
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Shene is a great player. I think he was just nervous and afraid - for a variety of reasons. I'm a Shene fan, personally, and I can't wait to see him showing off his stuff.

I'm ready for everyone to show off their stuff... need football!
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

BeeDee wrote:I hope Shene lights it up this year. I think he has the talent, he was just scared to death of O and his staff.
I read the other day that one time during the last scrimmage he kicked one deep into the endzone. We need that in a big way this season.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
RebinGA
Water Boy
Water Boy

I'd feel much better about the kicking game if we are able to get kick-off's near or into the end-zone. When opposing offenses start at their own 40 after every Rebel score - well, you know the result.
BART: I'll tell you a story so scary, you will wet your pants.
Grandpa: Too Late.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I also read somewhere(one of the pay sites I believe) that Shene was not 100% for most of year last season.
Some Random Dude
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

That's what one of the linemen told me in class this past July. He said it's fun this time around and he couldn't wait for the season to roll around. That's gotta suck: dreading going to practice out of fear/disgust with your head coach. But he was so excited, and kept going on about how fast our running backs are. I think this is going to be a special season for us (read: not a magical season ala SECwChamps/SECChamps/NCChamps).
TNreb
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I think the majority of the players like the change of the coaching staff. I know it's not as extreme, but I talked with a few players when Cut was leaving and they were excited to have the new coach. The change from O to Nutt is definitely extreme. I know O was ridiculous with some of the things he made his players do, i.e. two-a-days all the time and NEVER practicing in the IPF. From what an O-lineman told me, they only went into the IPF when there was lightning.

I'm excited to see the changes, I mean improvements that Nutt is making. I really think he's changing the player's attitudes toward football and, more importantly, winning.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

I know Nutts a better coach, but I wish O wouldve stayed as a recruiting coordinator. I know that wouldve been impossible, nut I know the NCAA - and possibly the SEC will be calling him next year to coach d-line and recruit. I just hope he stays away bc we might not admit it, but he will try to get everyone in our area and we know he will outrecruit Nutt. But i still like nutt bc he can turn truits into a winning team.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

BigTrev34 wrote:I know Nutts a better coach, but I wish O wouldve stayed as a recruiting coordinator. I know that wouldve been impossible, nut I know the NCAA - and possibly the SEC will be calling him next year to coach d-line and recruit. I just hope he stays away bc we might not admit it, but he will try to get everyone in our area and we know he will outrecruit Nutt. But i still like nutt bc he can turn truits into a winning team.
isn't he w/the saints now? don't think he would leave for a dline college position, unless of course he didn't have a choice..but the man could recruit..
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

We definitely have some games that could come down to a big kick at the end and its looking like Shene might be the man this year.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

bleuwolfe wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote:I know Nutts a better coach, but I wish O wouldve stayed as a recruiting coordinator. I know that wouldve been impossible, nut I know the NCAA - and possibly the SEC will be calling him next year to coach d-line and recruit. I just hope he stays away bc we might not admit it, but he will try to get everyone in our area and we know he will outrecruit Nutt. But i still like nutt bc he can turn truits into a winning team.
isn't he w/the saints now? don't think he would leave for a dline college position, unless of course he didn't have a choice..but the man could recruit..
Yeah, he is. But he loves the college game and recruiting. I know he will be back
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

BigTrev34 wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote:
Yeah, he is. But he loves the college game and recruiting. I know he will be back
Well, if hes learned from our shared/failed experience/experiment, he'll try a smaller school in a smaller conference and learn how to be a HC. I really do wish him well. Now the players seem much happier, and happy players play better,especially if they believe they can win. 8) jmo