Bowl Predictions...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowlprojection

Interesting! Schlabach has us playing Tulsa in the Liberty Bowl. Isn't that where the old OC went (I can't remember his name).
Some Random Dude
RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

Mahlzon (sp) is the coach there and did very well last year. They just don't have much in the way of defense.
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

RebelBond wrote:Mahlzon (sp) is the coach there and did very well last year. They just don't have much in the way of defense.
How can you say that? They held their opponents to 32 points per game.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
guidree
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Does Bruce Feldman not realize that Ole Miss cannot play against the Mustard Buzzards in the Liberty Bowl? Playing against Tulsa would be a decent game.
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

guidree wrote:Does Bruce Feldman not realize that Ole Miss cannot play against the Mustard Buzzards in the Liberty Bowl? Playing against Tulsa would be a decent game.
It is an odd rule, so I don't blame Feldie for not knowing it. What I have heard is that if both teams have decent (8 win) seasons, the AD's would be willing to waive the ban for one year. Ultimately, however, I don't think we should play USM and the Malzhan/Nutt match up would be very compelling.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

USCrebel wrote:
guidree wrote:Does Bruce Feldman not realize that Ole Miss cannot play against the Mustard Buzzards in the Liberty Bowl? Playing against Tulsa would be a decent game.
It is an odd rule, so I don't blame Feldie for not knowing it. What I have heard is that if both teams have decent (8 win) seasons, the AD's would be willing to waive the ban for one year. Ultimately, however, I don't think we should play USM and the Malzhan/Nutt match up would be very compelling.
I wish it could happen if for no other reason than to make the arkie fans shut up.
Later,
Hagar
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

USCrebel wrote:
So... What's the deal with us playing USM? I don't know this rule.
BrettInAtlanta
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

bigtreydaddy wrote:
USCrebel wrote:
So... What's the deal with us playing USM? I don't know this rule.
Yeah, why can't we play Southern Miss?
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

There is some rule that if a CUSA team and a SEC team from the same state are the teams slotted to play, they don't have to play. Such as, Alabama would not be matched with UAB, or Ole Miss vs. USM.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Redbluedude wrote:There is some rule that if a CUSA team and a SEC team from the same state are the teams slotted to play, they don't have to play. Such as, Alabama would not be matched with UAB, or Ole Miss vs. USM.
The Liberty Bowl can't even schedule it, can they? I thought it was a rule, not an option, but I may be wrong on that.

Also in that rule is that no regular season repeat matches can happen. For instance, this year the Liberty Bowl cannot be Ole Miss-Memphis because it will happen in the regular season.
GO REBELS!!!