Can we do this, OxfordRebel?

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Heath
All American
All American

I was talking to a guy here in Austin in the gym where I work out, and he played baseball at a JUCO in New Mexico and then at Indiana University.   He said he played with a lot of boys from Puerto Rico because that is just like getting an out-of-state player (since P. Rico is a part of the U.S.).  And he said you would be amazed at the intensity these guys play with because they know baseball is thier way off the island.

So, could Bianco go and get some boys from Puerto Rico?  Or, do you think that it would tough for them to get into school here?  I'm sure he has thought of this before. Just thought that might add some speed and quickness in the infield! 

I thought you might know more about this than me.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Heath wrote:I was talking to a guy here in Austin in the gym where I work out, and he played baseball at a JUCO in New Mexico and then at Indiana University.   He said he played with a lot of boys from Puerto Rico because that is just like getting an out-of-state player (since P. Rico is a part of the U.S.).  And he said you would be amazed at the intensity these guys play with because they know baseball is thier way off the island.

So, could Bianco go and get some boys from Puerto Rico?  Or, do you think that it would tough for them to get into school here?  I'm sure he has thought of this before. Just thought that might add some speed and quickness in the infield! 

No offense but Ole Miss is one of the easiest schools in the SEC to get into...
Heath
All American
All American

rebeloke wrote:
Heath wrote:I was talking to a guy here in Austin in the gym where I work out, and he played baseball at a JUCO in New Mexico and then at Indiana University.   He said he played with a lot of boys from Puerto Rico because that is just like getting an out-of-state player (since P. Rico is a part of the U.S.).  And he said you would be amazed at the intensity these guys play with because they know baseball is thier way off the island.

No offense but Ole Miss is one of the easiest schools in the SEC to get into...
Well, can't they come here and major in Spanish or something? And, I'm sure it would be easy to find some guys that are good players AND have made good grades. Just a thought.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

David Huertas did it. He made a pitstop for a semester in Florida, but...

It happens, yeah.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

I think the question might be, would they want to come to Oxford? :lol:

But seriously, go look at the roster for Bethune-Cookman College this season. They have 11 guys from the island, so yeah, it's completely possible. I just don't think Bianco's gonna go recruit them when he has guys from the states (not to mention the state of Mississippi) banging the door down to get in and play for him.

But BCC has won the MEAC several years and so they have something going there...
GO REBELS!!!
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

At the position we are in right now, we don't need to go outside of the southern states to get talented players. Ole Miss has turned into a top program and Bianco has shown that he can get just about anybody we need.