Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Haven't been able to get this thing to work this weekend. It just dumps me into a window telling me to down load the thig-a-ma-jig, which I already downloaded on Friday. By this time I guess it's a moot point...
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

felicianareb wrote:
Haven't been able to get this thing to work this weekend. It just dumps me into a window telling me to down load the thig-a-ma-jig, which I already downloaded on Friday. By this time I guess it's a moot point...
You moght have a pop up blocker keeping it from "popping up"
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

rebelliousb wrote:
felicianareb wrote:
Duh.... I'm tired. Why didn't I think of that... thanks
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

felicianareb wrote:
rebelliousb wrote:
felicianareb wrote: Haven't been able to get this thing to work this weekend. It just dumps me into a window telling me to down load the thig-a-ma-jig, which I already downloaded on Friday. By this time I guess it's a moot point...
Duh.... I'm tired. Why didn't I think of that... thanks
Now that it's working...you might want to turn it off.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

rebelliousb wrote:
felicianareb wrote:
rebelliousb wrote: You moght have a pop up blocker keeping it from "popping up"
Duh.... I'm tired. Why didn't I think of that... thanks Actually, I took the pop up blocker off and I couldn't get the live feed. I put the pop up blocker back on and I still couldn't get the game. Finally I just got mad and kept hitting the link repeatedly and ...BINGO... it decided to work. Sometimes computers just have a mind of their own. Anyway, I actually got the !*%#!!! thing working and saw the rebels tie the game up. So yeah... it's working.

Now that it's working...you might want to turn it off.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

6-6 last I checked. Bottom of the 5th. Bittle in for the Rebs.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ThunderReb wrote:6-6 last I checked. Bottom of the 5th. Bittle in for the Rebs.
Spoke too soon. 7-6 Vandy now.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Errors have hurt this game.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Vandy wins 7-6. Got the series missed out on the sweep.

The Gray kid for Vandy was solid the last couple of innings. Bittle takes the loss.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

I'm proud of the rebels for taking this series. It looks like we are back on track. I'd be upset that we didn't bring the brooms out if it were a home game, but they stayed in even at the end of this game.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
Chucky_38
All American
All American

dgmcdowe wrote:I'm proud of the rebels for taking this series. It looks like we are back on track. I'd be upset that we didn't bring the brooms out if it were a home game, but they stayed in even at the end of this game.
Yeah and really we could have won that one easily. Errors hurt. I really thought we would get more runs in the 4th. But hey I can handle a one run loss on the road after winning the series.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

I think it is safe to say that Barrett is NOT a weekend pitcher. Didn't even make 2 innings of work. Fortunately Irwin went a complete game in Game 1 so the bullpen was loaded.

What's happened to Scott??? He's 1-2 with 2 blown save opportunities this year. He's gonna have to pull it together. He was considered the best closer in the nation to start the year and that was a pretty consensus consideration by everyone in the nation. 1-2 is not how you prove that.

Other than that, Pom and Irwin were just pretty dang good. McKean came in and did a good job in relief both Friday and Sunday. 2-1 is a great start to the SEC schedule, especially on the road against a fierce rival like Vandy.
GO REBELS!!!
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Yeah, I didn't really understand starting Barrett the 3rd game. He's never faced SEC bats and he was getting shelled in earlier games against weaker opponents.

Would have rather started Bittle and let him go 4-5 innings in a 7 inning game. The run he gave up was unearned by Mort's error. We should have been out of that inning with no runs given up.

Poms and Irwin pitched well and we should have had the sweep. I wouldn't have minded if Buk or Baker started the 3rd game. At least they have SEC experience.
----Calkins
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Redbluedude wrote:Yeah, I didn't really understand starting Barrett the 3rd game. He's never faced SEC bats and he was getting shelled in earlier games against weaker opponents.

Would have rather started Bittle and let him go 4-5 innings in a 7 inning game. The run he gave up was unearned by Mort's error. We should have been out of that inning with no runs given up.

Poms and Irwin pitched well and we should have had the sweep. I wouldn't have minded if Buk or Baker started the 3rd game. At least they have SEC experience.
Ah, I didn't get to hear the final two innings of the 2nd game yesterday. Still, Loftus shouldn't have been on base for him to advance on the error, but the walk put him on. But really I'm not going to blame Bittle for this one. Barrett and Goforth really dug the hole early. Goforth walked in a run. Fill the zone! If he gets a hit and you give up two at least you gave yourself a chance at the play. If you walk with the bases loaded you've taken your chance away. I thought McKean pitched an amazing game considering how much momentum Vandy had going when he entered.
GO REBELS!!!