09 schedule announced

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

oxfordrebel
All American
All American

How sad...two DI-AA opponents in the same season. Should NEVER have happened. SELA and Northern Arizona. Come on people...

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticl ... EM_ID=2600
GO REBELS!!!
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

oxfordrebel wrote:How sad...two DI-AA opponents in the same season. Should NEVER have happened. SELA and Northern Arizona. Come on people...

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticl ... EM_ID=2600
FAIL.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
Heath
All American
All American

I think South Panola would have been better. I am willing to bet that more people would have showed up to see OM and SP.
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

Epic FAIL! If indeed true.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

What's worse is that the game is scheduled for 11/7--no bye week before Tenn, LSU, and @MSU. This is literally one of the worst schedules I've ever seen in my life.
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

At least the '10 season is set with ULL. Also the '12 schedule is set with those OOC games locked in.
Last edited by bigtreydaddy on Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

Are you kidding me? My senior year here is stuck having to hopefully win 10 games just to go to the cotton bowl. Ugh. This schedule is one step closer to saying, "hey, mid major bowls are a fine plateau!"
We Are Ole Miss
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Think about this. If the Rebels somehow go undefeated (I know, optimistic, but still) then this one scheduling blunder could keep the guys out of the big show and force them into a 2004 Auburn situation.

If you want to aim high you got to do better than this crap...
GO REBELS!!!
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

OMNOB wrote:Epic FAIL! If indeed true.
Do this link...tis true...
GO REBELS!!!
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

This might brighten the angst (or ruin your day depending on your POV): our '12 schedule is brutal:

Central Arkansas Oxford, MS
Alabama-Birmingham Birmingham, AL
Texas Oxford, MS
Tulane (LA) Oxford, MS
Florida Oxford, MS
Georgia Athens, GA
Alabama Tuscaloosa, AL
Arkansas Fayetteville, AR
Auburn (AL) Oxford, MS
Vanderbilt (TN) Oxford, MS
Louisiana St. Baton Rouge, LA
Mississippi St. Oxford, MS
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bigtreydaddy wrote:What's worse is that the game is scheduled for 11/7--no bye week before Tenn, LSU, and @MSU. This is literally one of the worst schedules I've ever seen in my life.
I dont like the open date after week 1 but good grief come on people its not the end of the world. I know the rule about only counting one 1-AA team towards the 6 wins to become bowl eligible but seriously, we are talking about a team that should be one of the best teams we have fielded in 40+ years. However, the 11-7 game against northern arizona is a bye week. I know that coaches talk about taking it one game at the time but the staff will have 2 full weeks to prepare for UT and I am sure starters will be out of the game by halftime. Guys that are nicked up wont see any action at all. If we stay healthy we have our best chance in a long time to play in Atlanta and its just hard for me to get upset for not playing a juggernaut the week before playing UT. (LSU the week after)....UT is playing Memphis the week before they play us. As most of you all know SEC races often become a battle of attrition. I know it is hard to get pumped about going to a home game to see Northern Arizona play but look big picture and its really not a bad thing, considering the circumstances.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

MageeRebel425 wrote:
bigtreydaddy wrote:What's worse is that the game is scheduled for 11/7--no bye week before Tenn, LSU, and @MSU. This is literally one of the worst schedules I've ever seen in my life.
I dont like the open date after week 1 but good grief come on people its not the end of the world. I know the rule about only counting one 1-AA team towards the 6 wins to become bowl eligible but seriously, we are talking about a team that should be one of the best teams we have fielded in 40+ years. However, the 11-7 game against northern arizona is a bye week. I know that coaches talk about taking it one game at the time but the staff will have 2 full weeks to prepare for UT and I am sure starters will be out of the game by halftime. Guys that are nicked up wont see any action at all. If we stay healthy we have our best chance in a long time to play in Atlanta and its just hard for me to get upset for not playing a juggernaut the week before playing UT. (LSU the week after)....UT is playing Memphis the week before they play us. As most of you all know SEC races often become a battle of attrition. I know it is hard to get pumped about going to a home game to see Northern Arizona play but look big picture and its really not a bad thing, considering the circumstances.
Nice try but it's still not chicken salad.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

MageeRebel425 wrote:
But this second DI-AA opponent could cost the Rebels the chance at ATL. I know, it would be so very rare to end up in a situation like this (don't think it's ever happened actually), but if you have two teams tied in the same division and it comes down to the last tie-breaker the SECCG berth goes to the team with the best BCS ranking. Going 2-0 against 2 DI-AA teams is not as good as going 1-0 or 0-0 against DI-AA teams. I haven't seen everyone in the West's schedules, but I would bet we're the only team with two IAA teams on the list.

My point is this, you never know what's going to happen at the end of the season, so you have to prepare the best you can going in. This is not that type of preparation and I'd hate to see our guys get penalized for something out of their control at the end of the year. It probably won't matter in the long run, but Auburn didn't think having to replace Bowling Green with a IAA would hurt them in 2004 either...
GO REBELS!!!
done

This should get Boone his pink slip.....disgusting!!
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

from the om sports page....

Over the past several months, due to the ESPN request, we have been in and out of discussions with literally 15 to 20 schools in order to complete our 2009 schedule,” Boone said. “When you have to consider things like available dates and each team’s needs for home and away games, it does complicate the decision-making process

While the 2009 schedule includes two Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) teams in Northern Arizona and Southeastern Louisiana, Boone noted that this year’s schedule was an anomaly. “We didn’t intend to schedule two I-AA teams nor do we anticipate scheduling two I-AA teams in the same year again,” he said.

Boone is inept at this job....but lets at least give him some credit for knowing that He has egg all over his face for this .....the next part of the article pretty much says.....But this won't happen again....because he talks about the 2010 schedule and beyond as if we won't remember this faux paux....

Come on BOone....
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!