rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

still top of the Second...14-0 Bama

never mind the broom, find a tourniquet
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

rebelliousb wrote:still top of the Second...14-0 Bama

So, the extra point was good.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
done

parrotreb wrote:

They missed the first one but successfully completed two point conversion after second one.

Seriously, two SEC series two series wins....that's okay by me.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

Rebchuck18 wrote:
parrotreb wrote:

They missed the first one but successfully completed two point conversion after second one.

Seriously, two SEC series two series wins....that's okay by me.
a blowout like this is never good.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Currently 18-0 bottom of the 5th. KICK ME IN THE JIMMY! :x
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

19-0 and bases loaded.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm happy with the series win but its disturbing that we can't find a Sunday starter and quite frankly its pathetic that no one can seem to get these clowns out today. I think we have 14 or 15 pitchers on the roster and we can't get any outs?!
That "jimmy kick" thing is sounding mighty appealing.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ok, I know I "named" the thread...but in all fairness, Bukvick tossed...was it 7 innings...mid week. let's see what he can do on a weekend after a week's rest.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

wildthang80 wrote:Currently 18-0 bottom of the 5th. KICK ME IN THE JIMMY! :x
lol..."DO IT AGAIN"
Rule #1.......Don't panik
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

parrotreb wrote:

I must ask...was Doyle Jackson involved here???
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
Heath
All American
All American

Well, we have to be happy with the series win. And, that shows how well Pom, Irwin, and Morgan are doing this year. Bama handed UGA their first two lossess, and today, when pitching wasn't up to par, absolutely lit up the scoreboard. So, I think Bama is a damned good team....over a 3 game span, our pitching was just better than theirs. Thus, Rebs get the series win.

But Bianco does need to find a Sunday starter because I think it will be very important come SEC and NCAA tournament play.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

CrossroadsReb wrote:
parrotreb wrote:

I must ask...was Doyle Jackson involved here???
He made a mistake yesterday and called the HR fair.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

You're bound to give up a game like this at some point. I think this was the first time in about 3 seasons that Bianco has had a loss like this hung on him...and we STILL won the series. Many coaches have at least one game a year like this and I think most SEC coaches give up a game like this at least once every 2 or 3 years. I think the fact that the Rebels beat a dang good Bama team speaks volumes and I'm not going to say a word about this one. Put it behind, beat up on St. Louis and USM and get ready for a big showdown in Baton Rouge between the two teams tied for 2nd in the West.
GO REBELS!!!
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

About the only one who could get Bama out was Goforth. It didn't seem like anyone that we put on the mound Sunday could cool off the Bama bats. Buk got rocked, McKean got shelled and Barbeck got lit up. Goforth pitched over 3 innings and gave up no runs and only a couple of hits.

It was just one of those days when our pitchers struggled and their bats came to life. Buk may do fine if he doesn't pitch midweek, he had a solid game against Ark St. The way Bittle has come in this year doesn't make me more confident about Sunday games. He's been a walk machine, you can't give free passes and expect to win.

One more thing about the weekend series. 21,106 The weekend attendance for the 3 games. Incredible! That is awesome, when I was in school, we'd be lucky to have 200 at a game. Great job Rebel fans!!!
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Redbluedude wrote:One more thing about the weekend series. 21,106 The weekend attendance for the 3 games. Incredible! That is awesome, when I was in school, we'd be lucky to have 200 at a game. Great job Rebel fans!!!
Saturday the Dawgs of UGA beat State in front of the largest crowd in UGA's Foley Field's history - 4,461. Meanwhile, in Oxford, 7,484 watched the Rebels gut one out against Bama. That says something!
GO REBELS!!!