Ole Miss vs LSU Game 3

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Goroth

1-0 OM top 7th

Bittle has thrown 80 pitches. Don't know if hes going to shoot for 100 hes first start.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

1-1

Bottom of the eighth, one out, man on second
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

2-1 LSUX, two outs, man on first. Still bottom eighth
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Runner on second and one out...cmon Rebels.
Goroth

1-2 game over
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

2-1

LSUX

I wish Bittle coulda made it through.

-William Faulkner
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Tough losses and it defines how our season will go I'm afraid. But at least we don't have to worry about hosting a Super Regional! :?
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Heartbreaker. Bittle pitches a gem, gives you a 1-0 lead, and you hand it over to Morgan to finish it up. Sure, 3 strikeouts in the 8th, but they're around a walk and a couple (maybe 3?) hits. All-SEC catcher Basham has a throwing error and can't get two more out on steals at 2nd. Just a really bad inning that cost Bittle and the Rebels the win. Really unfortunate. 6th time since 1983 the Rebels have won the Friday contest against the Tigers in Baton Rouge but failed to win the series.

At least the guys don't have to wait long for a chance to right the ship. Tomorrow night at 6:30 the Red Wolves of A-State travel to Oxford in a rare Monday night contest.
GO REBELS!!!
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Chucky_38 wrote:Tough losses and it defines how our season will go I'm afraid. But at least we don't have to worry about hosting a Super Regional! :?
Don't be so ready to dismiss them. Rebels have been in worse position and still had a successful season. We're not even half-way through the SEC schedule. There's plenty of season left. They're 2-1 in SEC series.

And on the bright side, we found a Sunday start in Bittle!
GO REBELS!!!
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Ferguson should have made that catch. That would have left the runner on third with two outs and the score still 1-0. But then again, you can't ever count on him to make a defensive play
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chucky_38 wrote:Tough losses and it defines how our season will go I'm afraid. But at least we don't have to worry about hosting a Super Regional! :?
U have to b the most DEPRESSING Rebel fan I have ever 'met'. hopefully the team will not be so ready to throw in the towel. even tho we lost, Bittle had a good game. C'mon Rebels, You Can Do It! :twisted:
Heath
All American
All American

Yeah, don't forget, that was against the #7 team in the nation, and Bittle gives up 1 run in 7 IP's. That is not bad at all. I hate that we lost, but I am excited to see that we now have 3 good weekenders. I think we take at least 2 of 3 from Kentucky and can do the same against S. Car. the next weekend. If we could only get Arkansas to lose a few, we would be doing good.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Heath wrote:
Yeah, don't forget, that was against the #7 team in the nation, and Bittle gives up 1 run in 7 IP's. That is not bad at all. I hate that we lost, but I am excited to see that we now have 3 good weekenders. I think we take at least 2 of 3 from Kentucky and can do the same against S. Car. the next weekend. If we could only get Arkansas to lose a few, we would be doing good.
Actually, LSU is #2 in a poll or two. I'd say given everything and the fact that we were underdogs going in, that's a weekend I can live with. Not happy with, certainly, but I think I can live with it and get on to a FULL week of baseball. Look at this week's schedule!

Monday - A-State (Oxford)
Tuesday - Jackson State (Oxford)
Wednesday - Memphis (Memphis)
Friday/Saturday/Sunday - Kentucky (Oxford)
GO REBELS!!!
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We need to be ready to sweep Kentucky this weekend......
Don't worry about Arkie, the Hawgs haven't even hit the "killer" part of their schedule yet....they'll lose games....trust me on that.
We need to support our boys and hope Button gets the bat off his dam shoulder and finds the aggressive attitude he once had.......sorry, watching third strikes with men in scoring position is a peave of mine.
Anyway, Hotty Toddy!!!
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

ThunderReb wrote:We need to be ready to sweep Kentucky this weekend......
Don't worry about Arkie, the Hawgs haven't even hit the "killer" part of their schedule yet....they'll lose games....trust me on that.
We need to support our boys and hope Button gets the bat off his dam shoulder and finds the aggressive attitude he once had.......sorry, watching third strikes with men in scoring position is a peave of mine.
Anyway, Hotty Toddy!!!
Actually State handed Arky their first conference loss yesterday in a 12-4 upset in game 3, so they are now only 2 games ahead of LSU and 3 ahead of the Rebels. Rebs are in sole possession of 3rd in the West and a full game ahead of Auburn. 2 games ahead of Bama and State.

LSU is good, but not #2 good. Rebels should have walked away with the series win at the least and probably a sweep, but it didn't happen. I say that to say LSU is going to lose some more games in conference. If the Rebels take care of business and circle the final series in Fayetteville on their schedule, we could still be looking at winning the SEC West regular season. In the East Florida has a game on us and UGA has 2 games on us, so nothing's out of reach as far as an SEC regular season title given a little bit of help and a good series at UF and at home against UGA.
GO REBELS!!!