Legal? Fair?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The SEC, one of college sports' biggest, richest, most prominent leagues, earlier this month sent to its 12 schools an eye-opening new media policy. It places increasingly stringent limits on reporters and how much audio, video and "real-time" blogging they can do at games, practices and news conferences.

But even more interesting is that the policy also includes rules for fans in the stands. No updating Twitter feeds. No taking photos with phones and posting them on Facebook or Flickr. No taking videos and putting them on YouTube.

Hahaha, you're kidding, right? This is like banning drinking in Ireland, it's just not going to happen.

By the way, anyone else getting the feeling that the SEC is increasingly becoming like the NFL? Because I sure am.

Okay. NFL is privately owned, but really...a Public / Tax Supported university ?
Chucky_38
All American
All American

They have the right to make it law but they simply will not be able to enforce it. Prohibition anyone?
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
------------------

The league is letting all of the power and prestige it currently has go straight to its head.

And who in the crap is going to police the stands to prevent fans from taking pictures? :sure:

friggin' morons... :roll:
downshall
Water Boy
Water Boy

rebelliousb wrote:The SEC, one of college sports' biggest, richest, most prominent leagues, earlier this month sent to its 12 schools an eye-opening new media policy. It places increasingly stringent limits on reporters and how much audio, video and "real-time" blogging they can do at games, practices and news conferences.

But even more interesting is that the policy also includes rules for fans in the stands. No updating Twitter feeds. No taking photos with phones and posting them on Facebook or Flickr. No taking videos and putting them on YouTube.

Hahaha, you're kidding, right? This is like banning drinking in Ireland, it's just not going to happen.

By the way, anyone else getting the feeling that the SEC is increasingly becoming like the NFL? Because I sure am.

Okay. NFL is privately owned, but really...a Public / Tax Supported university ?
You should link where you found that since it is a straight copy/paste from a web page.
cajunrebel

rebelliousb wrote:The SEC, one of college sports' biggest, richest, most prominent leagues, earlier this month sent to its 12 schools an eye-opening new media policy. It places increasingly stringent limits on reporters and how much audio, video and "real-time" blogging they can do at games, practices and news conferences.

They can't even enforce the noise maker rule against Moo U and those d*** cowbells, how will they stop this. . .
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

downshall wrote:

You should link where you found that since it is a straight copy/paste from a web page.
My apologies, sir. At least we know we can count on you to help police those fans using cell phones ...taking those little snap shots from the stands. 8O
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

I agree with Sasquatch: security is doing such a good job of policing all the illegal koolaide....I'm sure this will not be a problem
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!