Another Mascot Vote??

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelliousb wrote:I just located Col Reb. Retirement does that to you.

Good 1! :lol:
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

You have to wonder how many rebel fans committed suicide when they took gunsmoke off the air.
hottytoddyrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

just in are the results of today's vote, the vote is YES for a new student led mascot and it wasn't even close, 2510 to 856.
Here is the leading canidate, http://notatrap.org/
don't question my knowledge
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

cultural suicide is an ugly thing... especially when it's stage managed...
done

What a brilliant idea to put the students in charge of this...I mean they handled the whole TSWRA issue with such grace and dignity... 8O
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:What a brilliant idea to put the students in charge of this...I mean they handled the whole TSWRA issue with such grace and dignity... 8O
Hopefully a short leash and paved path.
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

It's a Sad day to be a Rebel. Or whatever the hell we are now! I guess "Rebel" is a name of the past. Since our Mascot will change, what will we be? The Mississippi Liberals. Obama as our mascot???
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

cacreb2000 wrote:
badmotorfinger wrote:
felicianareb wrote:I've always thought that this thing could easily be settled by simply making Colonel Rebel black...
I think I'm offended by this post.
Well even if you are not , someone out there is . GUARANTEED!
And apparently even more were offended by the "White" Colonel Rebel
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

The ballot was B.S. and not what the officials told us:
The ballot:
Because Ole Miss has not had an “on-field” mascot for almost seven years;
Because we are not revisiting the 2003 decision to remove the former mascot, Colonel Reb;
Because school spirit is a student issue, and the University administration has indicated that it would support a student-led effort to develop and propose a new “on-field” mascot for the Ole Miss Rebels;
Because the ASB Senate would like to know if the student body would support a student-led effort to develop and propose a NEW on-field” mascot;

Please indicate below whether you support such an effort by checking the appropriate box below:
Yes, I do support a student-led effort to develop and propose a NEW “on-field” mascot to
represent the OLE MISS REBELS.

No, I do not support a student-led effort to develop and propose a NEW “on-field” mascot
to represent the OLE MISS REBELS.
In other words, the vote was do you want the students to lead the development of a NEW "on-field" mascot, or do you want the administration to cram their will down your throats... Again! It was a lose lose situation for Colonel Rebel and those of us who care about tradition at our Alma Mater

http://www.thedmonline.com/content/what ... w-you-vote
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

colreb74 wrote:It's a Sad day to be a Rebel. Or whatever the hell we are now! I guess "Rebel" is a name of the past. Since our Mascot will change, what will we be? The Mississippi Liberals. Obama as our mascot???
What a grand idea ^^! However, I fear an enlightened and progressive Mississippi will only happened in our dreams. PRESIDENT Obama is much too busy for this nonsense, but we could adopt his slogan, " Yes, we can" or better yet "YES WE DID!"

Try to remember, that not every Rebel fan is a Neanderthal.
------------------

colreb74 wrote:It's a Sad day to be a Rebel. Or whatever the hell we are now! I guess "Rebel" is a name of the past. Since our Mascot will change, what will we be? The Mississippi Liberals. Obama as our mascot???
Ummmm, when did anybody say anything about getting rid of the name "Rebels"? And please...let's not get into ANOTHER series of political slippery slope discussions here. This is NOT, I repeat, NOT a political issue. It's a school spirit issue. So stop trying to make it into one. And if the discussion here becomes as contentious as it was in the Fall with the whole "TWSRA" BS, I'm just gonna have to leave here until it simmers down again. I ALMOST came completely unglued on a couple of folks then, and I'm NOT going to let that happen again.
done

Sasquatch wrote:
Ummmm, when did anybody say anything about getting rid of the name "Rebels"? And please...let's not get into ANOTHER series of political slippery slope discussions here. This is NOT, I repeat, NOT a political issue. It's a school spirit issue. So stop trying to make it into one. And if the discussion here becomes as contentious as it was in the Fall with the whole "TWSRA" BS, I'm just gonna have to leave here until it simmers down again. I ALMOST came completely unglued on a couple of folks then, and I'm NOT going to let that happen again.
I don't want to argue about this either...no good will come from it...but it most definitely is political...in fact that is all it is.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Unquestionably political, and academically dishonest. A sad day for those that can see it. A sadder day for those that cannot.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Well, said RebChuck and FelicianaReb!!!
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:Well, said RebChuck and FelicianaReb!!!

Everything is political these days and it all ends in stalemate. We should all be willing to budge a little in every aspect. Even so, as far as this subject goes, let's allow your sig line to sink in.