Heart still beating

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebs kill bambam 76 - 73
Goroth

Was a pretty crazy game. Just like the last one with them. Glad Arkansas lost. Last thing I do is want to see them ahead of us.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

seemed to be more consistently focused today - lapses but not like the norm and Gaskins was HOT!
lsux next
Goroth

Well there is a very outside shot at tying for the West lead. MSU would still win it though. But if we can keep second with a winning record in the conference. That would end the terrible SEC year. On at least some kinda good note. Maybe even help to give Ole Miss at least one SEC Tourny win.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

yea, I'm not a bb expert for sure, but they seem to play a very disjointed game even when winning. yesterday was the first time I've seen them that I thought they actually played as a team. so maybe if they can keep it going it will carry over to next yr., and as you say it would end the season on a good note. 8)
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

The unfortunate thing about ending as the 2 seed from the West is a likely match-up with UK on Saturday. That hurts b/c most of the 'experts' feel we need to make a run to the championship game on Sunday to really have a shot.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

john_avery_fast wrote:The unfortunate thing about ending as the 2 seed from the West is a likely match-up with UK on Saturday. That hurts b/c most of the 'experts' feel we need to make a run to the championship game on Sunday to really have a shot.
On the other hand...we beat KY and we're in.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelliousb wrote:
john_avery_fast wrote:The unfortunate thing about ending as the 2 seed from the West is a likely match-up with UK on Saturday. That hurts b/c most of the 'experts' feel we need to make a run to the championship game on Sunday to really have a shot.
On the other hand...we beat KY and we're in.
long odds, but Rebs could do it...like the way you think
Goroth

If South Carolina has it in them at least one game. I think the Rebs can muster up just one.
done

I think we are allowing two games against two very weak teams from the state of Alabama to get our hopes up....while I would love to see us shock the world...I have moved on....BATTER UP!
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

team hasnt quit, so the very least I can do is still hope..that's part of loving your team, I think 8)
Go Rebels!
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:I think we are allowing two games against two very weak teams from the state of Alabama to get our hopes up....while I would love to see us shock the world...I have moved on....BATTER UP!

Oh, I have no hoops hopes. Just making conversation. NIT is probably hoping we somehow make the dance, so they don't have to even consider us.
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

bleuwolfe wrote:team hasnt quit, so the very least I can do is still hope..that's part of loving your team, I think 8)
Go Rebels!
I always have hope till none is left to be had but realistically I see us winning one more regular season game and maybe one in the SEC tourney and I'm afraid that won't be enough.
Go NIT!!
And like Chuck said, "Batter Up" !!
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
done

I never give up hope (even with Snead I kept hoping he would come around)...okay maybe with Orgeron....okay definitely with Orgeron.....but I am just not expecting anything beyond NIT. But the one thing about having a team of undisciplined athletes is that during a four day tourney they could get hot and those ridiculous prayers they throw up could start dropping and their athletic ability combined with tourney adrenaline could lead to good individual defensive play. So yes anything is possible. Just not holding my breath.

And I always root for them (even if I am cussing out of the other side of my mouth).
Goroth

cacreb2000 wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote:team hasnt quit, so the very least I can do is still hope..that's part of loving your team, I think 8)
Go Rebels!
I always have hope till none is left to be had but realistically I see us winning one more regular season game and maybe one in the SEC tourney and I'm afraid that won't be enough.
Go NIT!!
And like Chuck said, "Batter Up" !!
No reason we can't win both of the last two games. Both aren't the best teams out there. Certainly aren't better than the Rebels on a good day. So no reason we can't win out. Then win a game in the Tourny, and pray for another after that. NCAA is all likely out regardless. Unless we get the championship game. By beating some top team on the way there. Then maybe, who knows.