To all the Kennedy haters here..............

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

P-nut
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

The man has done a pretty d*** good job, be proud of our team guys.
Goroth

Not sure I would go that far.

No reason we should lose to some of the waste of teams the West has this year. Also we only have one big win this year. Not even a real medium win after that one.

It as been over all a good push to the year. But it could of been so much better. If only they played better in some games. Certainly the home ones.
P-nut
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Goroth wrote:Not sure I would go that far.

No reason we should lose to some of the waste of teams the West has this year. Also we only have one big win this year. Not even a real medium win after that one.

It as been over all a good push to the year. But it could of been so much better. If only they played better in some games. Certainly the home ones.
I agree Goroth, but we still got 20 wins, think I'll see how next season goes before I jump off Kennedy's bandwagon.
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

21 wins 8)
Goroth

P-nut wrote:
Goroth wrote:Not sure I would go that far.

I agree Goroth, but we still got 20 wins, think I'll see how next season goes before I jump off Kennedy's bandwagon.
I am not saying to get rid of him. Just that he didn't impress me as much as the player did. They did all the fighting and clawing back into games. Wasn't much of Kennedy calling timeout and pulling them together.

I still hope we can get into the Tounry this year. B/c I am not sure we will be as good next year. That will be the year AK shows if hes got the right stuff.
done

Good string of 4 wins, but do not lose track of the reality that it was against the 4 worst teams in the West and arguably the four worst teams in the league. Don't hate AK, just think his teams will not win consistently or achieve their potential because of the style of play...still believe that..these are great athletes and as I said in earlier post athletes can get hot which they did in the last 10 minutes of this game and against inferior athletes that can get you wins.

But he did finally get his winning conference record...now we will see when he gets that NCAA bid (still think we have to be playing in the tourney finale and maybe winning the tourney finale to get that.

I was pulling for them to pull this one out, as I always do, but I still can not stand to watch this type of basketball (oddly enough, Texas reminds me of us but just with more talent when I watch them play here in Austin)...

But congrats to the guys on the streak.....maybe they can carry it to next week...

BTW, I am not sure I have seen any team dog it like MSU did today against Tennessee...that was truly pathetic!
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Four years and four winning seasons with two western division titles and three post season appearances. Pretty impressive.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
------------------

I think most of us here are more doubters of AK than "haters". Getting us to the Big Dance and winning at least one game will go a long way to remove some of the doubt. But I will say this about AK's teams: we might not be winning 25 games a season, but at least Ole Miss Basketball is competitive and respectable. And speaking as someone who sat through many an embarrassing loss during the Ed Murphy (*shudder*) years, what he's done at Ole Miss is light years away from those dark years of Ole Miss Basketball.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

four years, four winning seasons, .........ZERO ncaa tournament appearances. Kennedy coaching us to sec west titles is great and all but it doesn't mean a hill of beans compared to what really matters in college basketball, the big dance. Your talking about winning whats probably one of the worst divisions in college basketball (the sec west) so its not that big of a accomplishment. We won the division over the likes of lsu and auburn, horrible teams, and a down sliding msu team. There's only one thing that matters on a coaches resume, and thats ncaa tourney wins and losses and of right now kennedys reads 0-0.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Chucky_38 wrote:Four years and four winning seasons with two western division titles and three post season appearances. Pretty impressive.
Not really. 20 wins is not the accomplishment it was 10 or even 5 years ago. And we didn't "Win the West" this year, we backed into a tie because OM, MSU and Arky couldn't agree on who sucked worse. The west is God awful this year.

3 post season apperances? Hey Raymond, what do you think of the NIT? NIT sucks, yeah... It definitely sucks.

4 winning seasons is a good foundation, but I want more and I'm not going to pat AK on the back for doing something that's part of his job.
That's like tipping a surgeon for not sewing your butthole shut.
L. S. WHO?
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

Getting to the NIT as your post-season destination is not something to crow about, even if half of the teams in it are better than 16 or so teams that actually get into the NCAA. Unfortunately, if the expansion to 96 occurs, even getting into the NCAA won't be much of an accomplishment unless you are seeded 16 or higher in a regional.
I am happy we have been a relatively competitive team the last 4 seasons under AK and not an automatic 'W' for several conference teams like we were becoming under Barnes, but this was supposed to be the year that we took the next step, as in a 11-5 (or better) conference record with some wins over traditionally power teams and a top 8 seed (or better) in a NCAA regional. And he hasn't won the West outright yet, nor won the tie-breaker to be the #1 seed from the West when he has won a share, so big whoop there, IMO.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Jeez, nothing is ever good enough for Rebel fans. We ain't Kentucky folks.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
done

Chucky_38 wrote:Jeez, nothing is ever good enough for Rebel fans. We ain't Kentucky folks.

I certainly hope this isn't "good enough"...no we aren't Kentucky but both previous coaches got us to the dance and the most previous one got us to the sweet 16, so that can be done..yes even at Ole Miss. We are not saying that AK should have already done that. Winning record in the conference is a first step. We are just saying that some of us are not sure he is the guy to get us there. Nobody is calling for his head or anything, we just have our doubts. About the style of play and the type of talent he is recruiting.

And I would much rather be in a position where nothing is ever good enough for us than expecting to lose or being happy with mediocrity just because we are Ole Miss.
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

"And I would much rather be in a position where nothing is ever good enough for us than expecting to lose or being happy with mediocrity just because we are Ole Miss."

That is exactly right, Chuck. While I would rather be in the NIT than no post season at all, I don't want to be happy with that EVERY year. I truly hope AK is the man to move us up because there is a lot I like about him but if the mediocrity continues, then I will be ready to try and get someone who can help us take that next step.
Either way, GO REBS!
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

cacreb2000 wrote:"And I would much rather be in a position where nothing is ever good enough for us than expecting to lose or being happy with mediocrity just because we are Ole Miss."

That is exactly right, Chuck. While I would rather be in the NIT than no post season at all, I don't want to be happy with that EVERY year. I truly hope AK is the man to move us up because there is a lot I like about him but if the mediocrity continues, then I will be ready to try and get someone who can help us take that next step.
Either way, GO REBS!
ditto what they said and as always, GO REBELS!