The Butler did it!

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

done

Butler going home to Indiana to play in the Final Four. What a refreshing pleasure to watch this team play after what I have been seeing most of the year. I would give anything for us to have a teamed that is coached to play like that and players who are smart enough to take the coaching,

I know that KY has four studs, but I think the best Basketball player I have seen all tourney is the Hayward kid at Butler. Great stuff!
Goroth

If hes the best player you have seen in the tourny. You must of not been watching all that much.
done

Goroth wrote:If hes the best player you have seen in the tourny. You must of not been watching all that much.

Not the best athlete, but he out-positioned, out-smarted and out-played Kansas St.'s superior athletes all game...and he has led his team past the #1 seed and the #2 seed and to the Final Four...he is a dying breed in the NCAA...a true disciplined Basketball Player....And as a basketball player I will put him up against any of the guys I have seen (6'9" and running the offense at times, getting his entire team involved in the offense, battling and scoring in the post after out-positioning K-State's bigs for offensive rebounds and then stepping out and making three pointers, and shutting down K State's big post player in the second half after he scored 14 in the first half) that is a basketball player....If they get to the finals they will not have the athleticism to stay with KY all game, but if they wind up playing anyone else they will have a great shot...

And I have watched almost every moment of the tourney...when you have a 15 month old at home and can't tee it up...you watch a lot of basketball....
Goroth

Rebchuck18 wrote:
Goroth wrote:If hes the best player you have seen in the tourny. You must of not been watching all that much.

Not the best athlete, but he out-positioned, out-smarted and out-played Kansas St.'s superior athletes all game...and he has led his team past the #1 seed and the #2 seed and to the Final Four...he is a dying breed in the NCAA...a true disciplined Basketball Player....And as a basketball player I will put him up against any of the guys I have seen (6'9" and running the offense at times, getting his entire team involved in the offense, battling and scoring in the post after out-positioning K-State's bigs for offensive rebounds and then stepping out and making three pointers, and shutting down K State's big post player in the second half after he scored 14 in the first half) that is a basketball player....If they get to the finals they will not have the athleticism to stay with KY all game, but if they wind up playing anyone else they will have a great shot...

And I have watched almost every moment of the tourney...when you have a 15 month old at home and can't tee it up...you watch a lot of basketball....
Hey hes been a good player for sure. Maybe the best on hes team. But he isn't the team. They play hard together. On offense and defense. Thats a big reason they have gone so far. But they have been a top team must of the year. Probably should of been all year long.

But they don't have to worry about Kentucky anymore. If they do make it to the finals. But Tennessee and Michigan St. Are no sloaches. Summers was one of the guys that I was thinking of when I said he wasn't the best all tourny.

All I know is that it has been one of the craziest March Madness Tournys I've seen. Now with Kentucky going out. I win the bracket I do with my friends.