White Gone!

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I hate to see that, I think he could have made himself a lot more money if he stayed, but maybe he is doing what is right for him. Time will tell.... Good luck to him..

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20 ... -NBA-Draft
done

His skills may very well have degenerated with another year under AK....
Goroth

I have no idea now. What kinda team we will have at all next year.
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Probably a 20 win-NIT team that is .500 in conference. Man i'm let down, I was really looking forward to next year.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

I don't know if it is all Kennedy or just the fact that we don't put much into basketball at Ole Miss, but its really starting to seem like the Rebel basketball program is going to be what we've been for some time. I agree with whoever said the caliber of players needed to win don't want to play at a school that can't even fill half the arena.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
done

I think that we can predict exactly what we will be each year as long as we recruit the kind of players we have been recruiting and they are coached by AK. We will be a team that has flashes of athletic brilliance from Warren and whoever else is out there...we will blow some early leads but that athleticism will allow us to hold on to win those close games against inferior athletic opponents...but in many games we will degenerate into 30% shooting, our point guard will jack up 3 pointers on his fourth step past mid-court, our opponents will take the rebounds on the 70% of the 3 pointers that he misses and beat us down court for layups or actually run a set offense that takes advantage of our athletic, but undisciplined, defense. Oh...and we will be among the bottom of the league in free throw %.

And this consistently inconsistent play would not be any different if we had standing room only at every single home game. IMO we need an absolute culture change in Ole Miss basketball, both to play to our potential and also to bring the fans back. We need some smart basketball players who will scrap and think TEAM first and have the discipline to spend as much time perfecting their free throw stroke as they do practicing 3 pointers and monster jams. They are out there and they are not all going to Duke......problem is that is not AK's kind of player...so we keep AK and watch basketball like a tennis match up and down the court willy nilly...or we make a change.

In the meantime...college basketball sinks further and further into obscurity for someone who for many years ate, drank and breathed it.