Patrick Junen

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rumors are that walk-on freshman Patrick Junen will start on Satruday. He is better than you expect a walk-on to be-- he received a scholarship offer from Arkansas State but elected to walk on to Ole Miss-- but it still says a lot about the current state of our o-line that a walk-on may start.
cajunrebel

JustBlues wrote:Rumors are that walk-on freshman Patrick Junen will start on Satruday. He is better than you expect a walk-on to be-- he received a scholarship offer from Arkansas State but elected to walk on to Ole Miss-- but it still says a lot about the current state of our o-line that a walk-on may start.

Oh boy. Welcome to SEC football Patrick.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
manningesk
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Oh geeze, that can't be good.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

At least he's got something to play for?
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelliousb wrote:At least he's got something to play for?
I think I understand and I agree. Ultimately, open competition at the spot may be what these players need and what more incentive than to get a scholarship?
LCW
Scout Team
Scout Team

Position?
"Drink more, feel better." - Jimmy Buffett
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:
rebelliousb wrote:At least he's got something to play for?
I think I understand and I agree. Ultimately, open competition at the spot may be what these players need and what more incentive than to get a scholarship?

that's what I'm thinking, he's got about $50,000 or so riding on his production, and enough confidence to walk on rather than take the sure thing.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

LCW wrote:Position?
They are actually considering him at the LG position b/c of a lack of production from Alex Washington. Logan Clair will likely get the nod at RG, with true freshman Jared Duke serving as primary backup at both spots on the right side of the line. Definitely a youth movement, which will (fingers crossed) pay dividends down the road.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

The guy has the size, if he can open a hole I'm all for it. At this point in time we need to change some things
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Our offensive line will average a good 30 pounds per player (150 pounds total more in the interior!) than any team Freson has played. If nothing else, we should be able to intimidate them, at least until the actual hitting starts.
LCW
Scout Team
Scout Team

john_avery_fast wrote:
LCW wrote:Position?
They are actually considering him at the LG position b/c of a lack of production from Alex Washington. Logan Clair will likely get the nod at RG, with true freshman Jared Duke serving as primary backup at both spots on the right side of the line. Definitely a youth movement, which will (fingers crossed) pay dividends down the road.

Thanks.
"Drink more, feel better." - Jimmy Buffett
softychik
Water Boy
Water Boy

maybe this will be a good thing
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

softychik wrote:maybe this will be a good thing
It is a bit scary, but it can definitely be a good thing. Junen was not recruited except by Arkansas State and a handful of FCS schools. He had potential but was overweight like 80% of the high school offensive linemen. So his family hires a personal trainer when football season ends and he works out like a mule during the winter, spring and summer and shows up at fall camp as an absolute beast. After a short time in fall camp, the coaches say "we need to get this guy under scholarship and make sure we keep him". Now, three weeks into the season he's a starter. He's hungry and hungry young men are what we need most right now.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

No offense to this young man. I'm sure he has the size, want to and the talent. It's just that this is the fourth game into the season and this is what is going on.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

Played great for a walk-on. obviously not SEC competition, but did his job without too many blunders.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'