Ky Madden

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Anybody know his announcement date? We have been on him for a while. Yes I'm to cheap to go to the paysites!
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

wildthang80 wrote:Anybody know his announcement date? We have been on him for a while. Yes I'm to cheap to go to the paysites!

Wed I think. 50/50 I think.
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I know we have some AK haters on here (cough..Rebchuck) but this kid is bigtime.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

wildthang80 wrote:I know we have some AK haters on here (cough..Rebchuck) but this kid is bigtime.
Rebchuck is believed to be on an intergalactic mission in search of Obi Wan, a/k/a UscReb. Hopefully Rebchuck will return. I share Rebchuck's view of Kennedy's brand of basketball but I can't say that I hate Kennedy.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I don't hate Kennedy....he's brought more excitement to this program in 20+ years.
If this guy commits to play for us, its been said that this would be the biggest name player EVER.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

A BB player named after a jelly can't be a bad thing.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

rebelliousb wrote:A BB player named after a jelly can't be a bad thing.
Rebellious! You need to spend some time in the corner for that one...
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Went with Arkansas...something about his nephew picked for him, bs.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Yep, strange to say the least.
Randy
done

I Don't hate AK...I don't know AK...have hated maybe one person in my life...forgave him eventually...don't like AK's style of play and lack of discipline of his team...don't like his personal antics as a leader of men and representative of our school....and until he reaches the heights of his two predecessors I will not call him an improvement or a success....but as I have said, I think AK and this program are somewhat a personification of what has happened to the college game, which IMO has gone to hell in a hand basket.

And I think that this kid is reflective of the kind of athlete he is recruiting...give me five level headed scrappers with above average talent..character guys (Like Anthony Boone, Todd Abernathy, any of the Jasons) and they will beat AK recruited and coached players more times than not. I loved watching those guys scrap and play. Now it is dribble dribble across mid court..jack it up and start running the other way...

Just to clarify on the whole hating thing........
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

to arkansas... terrible.. typical ole miss not being able to pull the big player
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Hard for someone in Arkansas to pick another school in front of all of his classmates and coaches. Plus, knowing AAU ball and the opportunities that are presented to the players through their coaches, I would say we didn't have enough to sway him. Maybe we don't want to play that game and if that is the case then expect NIT as being the best we can achieve with a NCAA appearance once every 4 years.
done

I did hear one encouraging thing somewhere recently about curtailing some of the access to summer AAU programs during recruiting....if we could do anything to take some power and importance away from those AAU programs maybe we could begin to rescue this once noble game back from the shadowy world that "youth" basketball has sunk into.

Know that is a pipe dream, but those AAU programs are IMO the belly of the beast.