Rebs BB

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

Basketball going to be any good... i read that they have a lot of potential... but that usually doesnt work out for us rebels as you know
Goroth

AtlantaRebels wrote:Basketball going to be any good... i read that they have a lot of potential... but that usually doesnt work out for us rebels as you know
where did you read that at?
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

i was reading all over the place from their own website.. rivals... whatnot.. not sure ... the potential part anyway... the second part was my own doing
GtownRebel
All American
All American

It might be good if we have any leaders and focus on team playing and not individual play. It didn't work last year, so we will see what happens this year. Some good additions this year but no experience with Cox at this level. I think if Kennedy gets us to the NCAA this year, he won't be under any pressure for a couple of years. Depends on how he handles the team. We are picked for 2nd place with MSU at #1 in the West. Strong division is the East again.
done

GtownRebel wrote:It might be good if we have any leaders and focus on team playing and not individual play. .

If Warren, Kennedy etal would read your comments and take them to heart, I might actually gravitate back to the game/program I used to eat, drink and breathe!
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

If Kennedy keeps away from those crazy cabbies, we'll do just fine.
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

If the bigs are good we are good.
done

wildthang80 wrote:If the bigs are good we are good.
Agreed, but we also need more ball distribution from the point (I know I Know it sounds like my Masoli argument all over again 8) )

But I do believe that a point guard needs to QB the team and get everyone else involved (even in a fast paced offense).
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I don't mind the quick shots only if we can get offensive rebounds. I really would love to see 3-4 red and blue jersies crashing the boards every time we shoot. There is no excuse for the lack of effort I saw last year in our offensive rebounding.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

This years basketball team could be the surprise team of the sec. They have loads of new talent that are eligible this year and you can see that's true from ak's comments when asked about this years team. Every time a reporter asks him about the team, he has a giddy look in his eye. Of course its obvious that chris warren is the most reliable player on the team, but new comer Nick williams could have the most talent. Add trevor gaskins in the mix and demarco cox as a big man, we have a chance to win alot of games this year. I think this is finally the year where we go to the big dance. Look for a similar record to end the season as last year, maybe 24-11 or so, but the difference will be instead of going 8-8 in the sec, we finish 10-6 or 11-5 and make it into the big dance.