USM

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Game time is 7 pm on ESPN U. I have not checked on ESPN3 coverage.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

wildthang80 wrote:Game time is 7 pm on ESPN U. I have not checked on ESPN3 coverage.
It's available on ESPN3 as well.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

If we lose at home on TV to USM, is our season "officially" over?
southernstunna
Water Boy
Water Boy

colreb74 wrote:If we lose at home on TV to USM, is our season "officially" over?
definitely not. We almost lost last year (thank you Chris Warren for the comeback) and we still had an awesome season. You know the NIT used to be the top tournament to go to back in the 1970s; and it doesn't get any bigger than Madison Square Garden for the NIT final four.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

colreb74 wrote:If we lose at home on TV to USM, is our season "officially" over?
If we win by 30 are we crowned National Champs?

Same logic.
Randy
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

southernstunna wrote:
definitely not. We almost lost last year (thank you Chris Warren for the comeback) and we still had an awesome season. You know the NIT used to be the top tournament to go to back in the 1970s; and it doesn't get any bigger than Madison Square Garden for the NIT final four.
I want some of what you're smoking! I don't remember our "awesome" season last year. NIT doesn't impress me. I'm hoping Kennedy can eventually get us deep into the NCAA tourney... I believe thats what we hired him for.

I'm concerned about SEC play if we can't win our non-conference home games. That's why I feel we really need to beat USM to get some confidence. I think Kennedy's gonna get us there this year, but the boys gotta hang in there tonight. We've blown a 13 pt lead tonight, but are still in it.

I'm thinking we'll finish this one strong and beat USM. I do think it's a confidence killer to lose to USM and drop to 3-3 this early in the season.