Rebs folding again to the Dogs...

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I think I'm done with Kennedy. State gets blown out by Bama and comes to Oxford and beats us... AGAIN.

We're down 3 right now with 18.2 left, so it's not over yet. But this is ridiculous. We're down 1 and Nick Williams of all people shoots a 3 and airballs it.
Some Random Dude
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Wow, what a completely pathetic effort in our home SEC opener against our instate rival.

It's time to put an end to the Kennedy experiment at Ole Miss. No NCAA appearances. A losing SEC record.

This is his 5th year and I have seen no progress in the BB program. Unless there is a miraculous reversal by season's end, I think it's time to look for a replacement.
carl winslow
3rd String
3rd String

It is better than Rod Barnes.

The problem has nothing to do with Kennedy. It has everything to do with the ability to recruit to our crappy basketball facilities.
texasrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

Pathetic! What an embassing loss on our home court!

I agree. The Kennedy Experiment has run it's course. This is as good as it gets. We need a change at the end of the season in order to take it to the next level.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

I'm pretty dam sick of watching us lose to bad teams. State is a bad team that is coming off a blowout at home. There is no freaking way they should be able to come to Oxford and beat a 12-3 team. That has nothing to do with the Tad Pad, the practice facility or anything else but coaching. There is NO excuse for that loss. None. If we don't make the NCAA tourney, fire him. I will not watch this team again this season. I was there for the Dayton meltdown and this one was point of no return for me. You can't even shut up a guy who gestures to our crowd after every shot he makes? That doesn't make you come alive and play sound ball? Give me a freaking break.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
P-nut
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Its time for Kennedy's ass to find a new home, pathetic! :evil:
carl winslow
3rd String
3rd String

I don't see our alumni shelling out the big bucks to get a basketball coach. Especially to bring him to the Tad Pad.
deanreb7
Water Boy
Water Boy

What about lack of execution by players. Buckner and Nick Williams had terrible games. Bonehead desicions, like williams shooting that 3 at the end. Gaskins is a turnover waiting to happen. I know the Kennedy should get some blame, but it all boils down to the players on the court and them executing. State is a very talented team, despite their recent turmoil. They just decided to have their breakout game on us. And Ravern Johnson wasn't even a factor until the end. They could end up being really good.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If you start five 4* players and tell them to go out and shoot forty 3 pointers and they make half of them, you end up with 60 points. That's about what we did. You might win a Southern Baptist church league doing that (with the five 4*'s) if you get the majority of rebounds on both ends.

We run about three plays other than the 37' jumper special. Talent is not the problem. You go inside last night and Sidney watches about half the game from the bench. You go inside three times and score, draw a foul or both when you are up by 7 and we win. 3times. Anybody who can teach a dog to go on the newspaper should be able to influence five players to get in the paint and score or draw a foul 3 times.
Planodoc
Water Boy
Water Boy

I am just so sick of losing to MS State. Lost at home in football & now we can't protect the home court in basketball!! This is, just , so crappy.

Our programs are heading in the wrong direction.

Doc
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

carl winslow wrote:It is better than Rod Barnes.

The problem has nothing to do with Kennedy. It has everything to do with the ability to recruit to our crappy basketball facilities.
THIS^^^

In addition......
The whole game-day experience sucks...too many old dudes that control the seats actually SITTING during the game....no electricity, no game-day atmosphere, equals no home-court advantage. The arena is crap..........and for these things, Andy Kennedy and his staff are not to blame. Until these blue-hairs die off and give the seats to someone who really cares to get up and yell OR administration changes the format to put the students in a more prominent position to the opposing team and floor OR a new arena is built..............We will never matter in basketball......period.

So, don't put all this on Andy and his staff....its much deeper than that.

Yeah, I'm pi$$ed!!
done

rebelliousb wrote:If you start five 4* players and tell them to go out and shoot forty 3 pointers and they make half of them, you end up with 60 points. That's about what we did. You might win a Southern Baptist church league doing that (with the five 4*'s) if you get the majority of rebounds on both ends.

We run about three plays other than the 37' jumper special. Talent is not the problem. You go inside last night and Sidney watches about half the game from the bench. You go inside three times and score, draw a foul or both when you are up by 7 and we win. 3times. Anybody who can teach a dog to go on the newspaper should be able to influence five players to get in the paint and score or draw a foul 3 times.

Hammer meet nail...this has nothing to do with the Tad Pad or the "quality" of recruits (as it relates to stars and such other false indicators). It has everything to do with the TYPE of players being recruited and the STYLE of play being coached. This style of play represents everything that is wrong with college basketball in the "AAU" era. I would much rather see a team of more fundamentally sound scrappers even if they are less athletic or "talented". And at the point guard position (as at the QB position) we need a distributor of the ball instead of a one man show. Warren took 20 shots and had only two assists. I don't see any of this changing under Kennedy.

I can't even bring myself to watch it and Ole Miss Basketball used to be my favorite thing to watch in person and on television. At this point my interest in a new arena and even in the basketball program as a whole or college basketball as a whole is at an all time low and to be totally honest my interest is so low now, I almost don't care if they keep Kennedy or not. Baseball how now become my second favorite sport behind football (and I have never been a huge college baseball guy)...and I am not even sure if basketball is alone at third or just to the point where I hope they win just like I hope we win in tennis and golf , etc.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

You have to win before you can upgrade your facilities. And last night was an absolutely pathetic effort. I'm not a fire the coach kind of guy, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Kennedy was gone after this season.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ThunderReb wrote:

THIS^^^

In addition......
The whole game-day experience sucks...too many old dudes that control the seats actually SITTING during the game....no electricity, no game-day atmosphere, equals no home-court advantage. The arena is crap..........and for these things, Andy Kennedy and his staff are not to blame. Until these blue-hairs die off and give the seats to someone who really cares to get up and yell OR administration changes the format to put the students in a more prominent position to the opposing team and floor OR a new arena is built..............We will never matter in basketball......period.

So, don't put all this on Andy and his staff....its much deeper than that.

Yeah, I'm pi$$ed!!

The facilities suck but it doesn't matter if we played at Saudi Arabia high school, we are SUPPOSED to be a better team, and you would hope that our guys would WANT to beat their in state rivals and get that monkey off their back. Kennedy does a decent job recruiting but we aren't hanging onto half the guys he gets in... Look at all the transfers and think about how much talent this team would have if they were able to hang onto our players.
Murphy White- South Carolina
Eniel Polynience- Seton Hall
Malcom White- LSU
Terrico White- Declared for the draft after his sophomore year
David Huertas- Skipped his senior year to play pro ball in his Puerto Rico

That is just of my head, I might be forgetting somebody. Rod Barnes didn't do very well in recruiting but at least his teams played hard. The style of basketball we play is pathetic. I had a guy, who is a big basketball fan but has no rooting interest, that he watched Ole Miss for 5 minutes and had to turn the channel. It was too much like church league basketball. I guess on the bright side, at least AK is a high character guy who hasn't brought the University any embarrassment.
deadset
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

It really hurt losing murphy holloway! Nobody going to the rim and their was some bull s@#$ calls that was
typical refs screwing ole miss. I love ole miss basketball but dont think i can watch. That looked like a pick up
game. :x