New Arena Coming?

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

carl winslow
3rd String
3rd String

Looks like things are moving forward with a new arena...

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/2011/ ... m=facebook

Looks like Pete is taking advice from the RebelFaithful website.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

As he should....listen to us here, that is.
------------------

Our basketball arena is an embarrassment not just to us, but to the SEC. I'm to the point where I think we should put any other major athletic facilities improvements temporarily on hold and focus on building a new arena ASAP.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If I had to choose between a new arena and a new era this morning, I'd go out a buy an umbrella for the home games.

Seriously though, a group from OM flew to Auburn to tour their arena, after all so that is a good sign.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

carl winslow wrote:Looks like things are moving forward with a new arena...

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/2011/ ... m=facebook

Looks like Pete is taking advice from the RebelFaithful website.
Perfect example of typical PB behavior. He's reactionary to a fault. The entire world watches (slight over statement) as rain pours down on the basketball court (badly designed vents, leaky roof, it's all the same) and Rebel Nation begins SCREAMING at the top of their lungs for something to change, and all of a sudden Pete is giving interviews exclaiming, “Right now, we’ve got a pretty strong vision as to what we need to do,” and “There’s no question we need a new arena. No question." Where was this talk LAST YEAR when your 5 year plan came out with ZERO mention of basketball or football facilities upgrades? Don't you think it might have been wise to at least INVESTIGATE those possibilities BEFORE it started raining in our arena for the second time in the same year????? He makes me want to puke.

“But it’s on, as far as those things are concerned,” he said. “It’s on full speed.” Yeah, Pete. It's on alright. You're on a freight train to the unemployment line you worthless piece of lawn sausage.
L. S. WHO?
done

Unless there are dramatic changes in college basketball in general, and specifically in SEC basketball and Ole Miss basketball...what a colossal waste of money.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Rebchuck18 wrote:Unless there are dramatic changes in college basketball in general, and specifically in SEC basketball and Ole Miss basketball...what a colossal waste of money.
I guess I still have faith in Ole Miss. Not in the current administration, coaches or facilities mind you. But I do have faith in our school and community. And I hope that my faith will be rewarded with better results once we actually invest in new leadership, coaching and facilities. Because unless I'm a multi-millionaire with connections strong enough to actually facilitate change, all I can do is hope and believe.

Hey, the Saints won the SB. It can't be that friggin hard to regularly compete for the SEC title and NCAA Tourney runs in basketball...
L. S. WHO?
carl winslow
3rd String
3rd String

oxpatchreb wrote: “But it’s on, as far as those things are concerned,” he said. “It’s on full speed.” Yeah, Pete. It's on alright. You're on a freight train to the unemployment line you worthless piece of lawn sausage.
I'm not as hard on Pete as others, but this was just funny. :lol:
------------------

carl winslow wrote:
oxpatchreb wrote: “But it’s on, as far as those things are concerned,” he said. “It’s on full speed.” Yeah, Pete. It's on alright. You're on a freight train to the unemployment line you worthless piece of lawn sausage.
That made me laugh out loud...THAT is getting added to my signature! And for the next 72 hours, I will make a point to use "worthless piece of lawn sausage" as many times as possible. :lol:
cajunrebel

Sasquatch wrote:
carl winslow wrote:
That made me laugh out loud...THAT is getting added to my signature! And for the next 72 hours, I will make a point to use "worthless piece of lawn sausage" as many times as possible. :lol:

That just got added to the nominations for post of the year.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Ol' Pete's been around for a long time doing it his non-visionary penny-penching way. To paraphrase the old saying, it would appear that.... "the only way Ol' Pete is gonna leave is by getting caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy..."
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:Unless there are dramatic changes in college basketball in general, and specifically in SEC basketball and Ole Miss basketball...what a colossal waste of money.
I concur Chuck.

Can someone please explain what a lawn sausage is? I get the sausage but is it laying out with a lemonade in its hand or is like a pink flamingo in the yard??? This is a new term to me...
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

StrongRebel wrote:
I concur Chuck.

Can someone please explain what a lawn sausage is? I get the sausage but is it laying out with a lemonade in its hand or is like a pink flamingo in the yard??? This is a new term to me...

Dear lord, I'm afraid thunder or Winslow is about to offer up a visual.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelliousb wrote:
StrongRebel wrote:
I concur Chuck.

Dear lord, I'm afraid thunder or Winslow is about to offer up a visual.

OH Shiv, I hope not!!!!
carl winslow
3rd String
3rd String

Ok, I'll do it..
Attachments
dog.jpg
dog.jpg (38.49 KiB) Viewed 953 times